If you could ask Eldritch one question.....

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
hallucienate
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:Who ate the most pies, Pasty or Andreas :?:
:notworthy: :notworthy:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Less of a question, more a request, would be

'please could you play all your gigs in Amsterdam from now on?'

Ta.

Dave
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

The real question, judging from the majority of AE's interviews, is how to formulate a question that won't be met with a metric kilo of bile, abuse, sarcasm, avoidance and generally withering invective. Or is that half the fun?
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

I'd ask The Gothfather

"Can I have my 20 quid back?"

Oh, and

"You come from down south, and then lived in Leeds. so why do you support the Red filth from Manchester?"
Gazza for England manager
dead stars

I don't have *one* question. I have an *entire* interview!!! :D

I'll post it as soon as it's ready.
dead stars

pikkrong wrote:back to the topic.
something more traditional:
"Do you have still a cat?"
He already answered that one. He says he is too "vagrant" these days to keep a cat. Unless he has settled down meanwhile.
biggy

why was your cat so fat and manky ?

( I mistook it for a hat once :urff: , don`t ask :D )
biggy

What`s with the roadsweepers jacket ?
vmp123
Road Kill

:?: why haven't you come to Australia? :?

Vanessa
Devil in a black dress
dead stars

biggy wrote:why was your cat so fat and manky ?

( I mistook it for a hat once :urff: , don`t ask :D )
He answered that one already too. It wasn't his cat.
dead stars

My dream interview: from a fan to The Man.

Mr. Eldritch (or Andrew if you prefer), first of all bear in mind I'm Portuguese, therefore some of these questions may seem awkward in the light of your culture, as much as your answers (usually) seem awkward in the light of mine. So let's keep our minds open.
Oh, and I'll refer to The Sisters of Mercy as "the Sisters", as I always do, for a matter of shortness.

Personality/Personal Life
1. I already know the date and place of your birth. Would you allow me the knowledge of your exact time of birth (hour/minute) to complete the astral chart and put it together with my collection of charts of many remarkable men and women sometime before one of us dies?

2. We know a lot about your time in Leeds. Very little about the beginning of your life. What can you tells us about your...
a) childhood?
b) teenage years before Leeds?

3. Once you wrote in "Underneath the Rock" - as an answer to a fan that believed the next album will be the best - something like this: "If I wanted to have babies, I'd like to have yours". I assume you didn't want to have kids at the time. But people change with time. Do you still not want to have kids? I can understand that decision. I myself would rather adopt. What were/are your reasons?

4. Are you afraid of getting old and/or afraid of decadence, both physical and professional?

5. Why do you feel the need to tell the world about your intense and wide-ranging sexual life? Are you trying to prove anything in special, perhaps to anyone in special? ;)

6. About "I've slept with every girl in Berlin"... Errrmmm... Nevermind.

7. People have labelled you with Goth because you used to dress all in black when the Sisters started, but I have a theory. You were young, that was the fashion those days... it made it easier to pick up girls. Am I wrong?! Am I wrong?! (No, I'm not!)

8, In the same line of reasoning, aren't "Marian" and "Some Kind of Stranger" the two best songs ever to pick up girls? ;)

9, Imagine a genie [sp?] came out of a bottle and granted you the wish to spend an ENTIRE night with Isabelle Adjani (great taste, btw). But there's a catch: she would be hypnotised the whole time, so she wouldn't know who she was with or what she was doing and she wouldn't remember anything afterwards but she would obey your every wish. You would:
a) Take her to a romantic dinner, then have sex.
b) Only dinner, no sex. (I wouldn't take advantage of an unconscious woman)
c) Only sex, no dinner. (I'm a complete bastard)

(I've more tests like these if you're interested...)

Family
10, I heard your brother is an actor. Theatre, movies, both? Is he famous? Are there any more artists in your family, past or present (singers, dancers, painters, actors...)?

Releases
(No, I'm fed up with the "when is the next" thing. If I were you I'd do it when I felt like it; so should you.)
11, The SSV "project" is somehow interesting. I believe the Sisters would benefit with some electronic input to a certain extent. You?...

12, Is an independent label out of question? And, by the way, what happened to Merciful Release?

13, You write very well. Have you ever thought about writing a book? And if you did, what subject would you choose? Would you consider writing your memoirs?

Lyrics
(OK, it could be endless... but it won't.)
14, This one isn't mine but with time it got me so curious it started to get on my nerves... It's a Dominion classic: who are the "52 daughters of the revolution" for God's sake?!

15, This one is mine: who the heck is Marian (what it represents) and why does the name appear so much in the early compositions?

Politics
16, Me and a couple more people have your political opinions in high regard. Are the United States insanely out of control? I believe a strong European army (Russia included) could be the key to bring back the world balance. I'm I being a scared-s**t disgusting militarist? What do you think would be the solution?

Fanbase
17, In the latest BBC interview, you said about your fans (I believe): "They'd probably like us to go away but we're not gonna". What are you saying?!... Wait, don't answer. I'll answer this one. You should spend a lot more time with people that love you. God knows I do.

Finally
17, I read somewhere you speak Portuguese?... Gostava de saber se é verdade.
(I'm always willing to trade Portuguese lessons for perfect English lessons online...)

18, Are you happy?

19, Can I buy you a coffee next time you come to Lisbon?
I'd offer a "strange drink" but I'm short of money at the time... Yeah... :(
dead stars

Hope you have enjoyed as much as I did. :D

OK, because Eldritch isn't answering it, could anyone else do it or I'll be very sad and cry?
Wooooooooohooooooiiiiin (that was me crying)
randdebiel²

dead inside:
I'm affraid at this time
"1. I already know the date and place of your birth. Would you allow me the knowledge of your exact time of birth (hour/minute) to complete the astral chart and put it together with my collection of charts of many remarkable men and women sometime before one of us dies?"
the interview would be over.... :D
I can't imagine eldritch being interested in astral charts :)
although I find it a very interesting question :)
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

15, This one is mine: who the heck is Marian (what it represents) and why does the name appear so much in the early compositions?

Marian is some german chick, apparently :eek:

the story goes, he sang the verse in German so she would understand him :roll:
Goths have feelings too
paint it black

18, Are you happy?

as a goth in black :von:

nice questions DI :D
Goths have feelings too
paint it black

paint it black wrote:18, Are you happy?

as a goth in black :von:

nice questions DI :D
its based on

as a pig in s hit DI :roll: ;D
Goths have feelings too
mayhem
Glam Rock Throwback

My one question would be "is that real?"

M
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

mayhem wrote:My one question would be "is that real?"

M
:blush:

i wont ask "what" is or isn't real ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

paint it black wrote:Who ate the most pies, Pasty or Andreas :?:
You're a terrible, wicked and evil man... but that was very, very funny.
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

mayhem wrote:My one question would be "is that real?"

M
Didn't you know? It's all done with smoke and mirrors. And organically grown root crops. ;)
mh
Above the Chemist

How about:
"I know someone who will break your legs for 50 quid, now will you hurry up and release that new album?"
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
pikkrong
Overbomber

dead inside wrote:
pikkrong wrote:back to the topic.
something more traditional:
"Do you have still a cat?"
He already answered that one. He says he is too "vagrant" these days to keep a cat. Unless he has settled down meanwhile.
damn' - i have Alzheimer :(
where is my pills?
do i drive
or am i driven
dead stars

randdebiel² wrote:dead inside:
I'm affraid at this time
"1. I already know the date and place of your birth. Would you allow me the knowledge of your exact time of birth (hour/minute) to complete the astral chart and put it together with my collection of charts of many remarkable men and women sometime before one of us dies?"
the interview would be over.... :D
I can't imagine eldritch being interested in astral charts :)
although I find it a very interesting question :)
I find your prejudice so amusing!
Why on earth don't you let him decide that? Maybe he is not that closed minded as you all think. And as for previewing how he would react, I can't even comment... :roll:
pikkrong
Overbomber

dead inside wrote:
I believe a strong European army (Russia included) could be the key to bring back the world balance. (
Russian army?
have you heard anything about Chechenya? about killing civilan, torturing and raping both women and men to create an atmosphere of fear?
(not talking about thousands of German women in 1945)
do i drive
or am i driven
pikkrong
Overbomber

dead inside wrote:
13, You write very well. Have you ever thought about writing a book?
(
you move very cool, have you ever thought about a dancing in ballet?
do i drive
or am i driven