brussels 11.05.2006 bootleg

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Well, it may be innocent. After all, I bought a copy of "Stairway To Heaven" (King George's Hall, Blackburn) a while back. That could have come from a (non-HL) "weed", or some other freely available source.

Didn't stop me paying £12 for it though. Even when I knew I could get it here for free.
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Umm ... on a request for scans from a fellow HLer I sent them.

And I have to admit it's the first time I've looked inside the front/inside inlay.

A picture of a man who has never played in the Sisters (Stevie Winwood?), sitting down playing guitar. And as the photo pans you see the high-hat cymbal/Tom from a drum kit and then ... hey! a man who likes to wear a woolly hat on his head (stuffed full of dreadlocks) and surprise, surprise he's playing LIVE a bass!.

All the more reason why this is a pile of sh!t.
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
lachert
Overbomber

johnny thanks for the scans again :D
this picture from inlay is probably support band but maybe not from brussels. it looks like warlocks to me. they use sucha a lot smoke as the sisters. maybe i'm worng.
long live rock'n'roll
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

mh wrote:
Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:IF this is the brainchild of a HLer, then I would suggest you stop now. Seriously.
IF it is, may I suggest that you should not have even started. Having the gall to attempt to make money (illegally) from something that's been freely shared in the past is a bit beyond any conceivable barometer of fair play.
...And IMO is grounds for a banning from here.

Be warned. :evil:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote: All the more reason why this is a pile of sh!t.
You didn't get your money back then?

:innocent:
in dub we trust
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

radiojamaica wrote:

:lol:

That particular seller has the pleasure of my company on 27th Jan. One minute after the doors open. Until then I'm gently simmering ...
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:

:lol:

That particular seller has the pleasure of my company on 27th Jan. One minute after the doors open. Until then I'm gently simmering ...
Okay then. I'll burn a candle for good luck, Johnny :wink:

Me thinks the seller's gonna want those cd's back, can't be a big problem... and if he doens't want to give in, drop me a line and I'll take one of these cd's off your hands... it's all about sharing the grief, no :innocent:
in dub we trust
mrgreen
Road Kill

Can anyone confirm this is NOT a ruined version of my recording ?

'Cause the tracklist looks like it's copied directly from my DIME info file (except for the blatant error then) :? :roll:
mrgreen
Road Kill

Can someone post a sample ? Please ?
mrgreen
Road Kill

Ok, so this is 100 % certain my recording. :roll:

It's been "remastered" as well, which nowadays means it is pushed to maximum loudness. Wasn't there someone here who "remastered" the Brussels audio for a DVD here ? I would like to compare the crappy boot with that version...

Last time I seed anything on DIME :urff:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

mrgreen wrote:Ok, so this is 100 % certain my recording. :roll:

Gutted.

I'd like to say a big f*cking thanks to whatever c*nt sold this on e-bay. :roll:

If we ever find out it's a HL member... :evil:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mrgreen
Road Kill

markfiend wrote: If we ever find out it's a HL member... :evil:
That's why I want to compare the boot with the DVD weeded here. If they match, then we have a big chance the bootlegger is on HL...
mrgreen
Road Kill

And, please, people, don't buy this pile of s**t. If you want the gig (without glitches and errors and overcompression) , it's still up on DIME, and it's in the weeding section.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Ugh :/
we've got beer and we've got fuel
mh
Above the Chemist

mrgreen wrote:Ok, so this is 100 % certain my recording. :roll:

It's been "remastered" as well, which nowadays means it is pushed to maximum loudness. Wasn't there someone here who "remastered" the Brussels audio for a DVD here ? I would like to compare the crappy boot with that version...

I don't blame ya. That was a pretty filthy thing to do.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

@ markfiend: I don't think selling the boot on eBay is the issue here. Everyone has the right to buy an individual item at a record fair (vinyl or CD) and then sell it on eBay.

The issue here, is that this boot is being mass produced. I've seen it being sold on eBay originating from the USA, France, Germany and Greece. At the last record fair, four sellers (excluding the chap I originally bought from) had it on their stalls. Ghostrider found it in a Belgium record shop.

Someone is making a mint from mrgreen's generousity. That's what gives me a bad taste in my mouth. It's morally and ethically unacceptable. :von:
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
mrgreen
Road Kill

I've had the chance (thanks to Johnny) to listen to a few samples from the boot and compared these with samples I had from the remastered version which was made for the 2006 Highlights DVD. In my opnion both versions sound _almost_ identical and the tracksplits are at identical positions. It is thus very well possible that this boot was taken from that DVD. IF that is the case, then the bootlegger is almost certainly a HL member...
lachert
Overbomber

not always bootlegers used their orginally recordings in the past. there's a few people on hl who has "rights" to some music on few vinyl bootlegs etc. so for me the problem isn't that this guy stole recording of mrgreen, of course not a high standard as well (he alsow stole pictures of joe del tufo, from philadelphia gig 8-3-06 to make cover) but bigger problem is that he made it so bad and he's selling s**t worldwide :evil:
long live rock'n'roll
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

mrgreen wrote:I've had the chance (thanks to Johnny) to listen to a few samples from the boot and compared these with samples I had from the remastered version which was made for the 2006 Highlights DVD. In my opnion both versions sound _almost_ identical and the tracksplits are at identical positions. It is thus very well possible that this boot was taken from that DVD. IF that is the case, then the bootlegger is almost certainly a HL member...
you all wrong ;D

regarding this dvd, i use original sound of the location i mentioned as a tittle at each song, may be for few i remaster (well i try)

just to let you know when i edit dvd, if i take a song of a video from any gig and audio from other gig, it impossible to mix together, it never the same.

for setlist, i just made the traditional one during europe tour
and videos just pick up the best from each dvd available

in this case my dvd has nothing to do with this bootleg
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:@ markfiend: I don't think selling the boot on eBay is the issue here. Everyone has the right to buy an individual item at a record fair (vinyl or CD) and then sell it on eBay.

The issue here, is that this boot is being mass produced. I've seen it being sold on eBay originating from the USA, France, Germany and Greece. At the last record fair, four sellers (excluding the chap I originally bought from) had it on their stalls. Ghostrider found it in a Belgium record shop.

Someone is making a mint from mrgreen's generousity. That's what gives me a bad taste in my mouth. It's morally and ethically unacceptable. :von:
Aye, fair point John.
—Bertrand Russell
mrgreen
Road Kill

sisterstekland wrote: you all wrong ;D

regarding this dvd, i use original sound of the location i mentioned as a tittle at each song, may be for few i remaster (well i try)

just to let you know when i edit dvd, if i take a song of a video from any gig and audio from other gig, it impossible to mix together, it never the same.

OK, but someone on this forum has sent me samples of a remastered Brussels version, which he said was done for "a compilation DVD of the 2006 gigs". I assumed this was the Highlights dvd, but obviously I was wrong.
The samples I'm talking about sound very similar to the bootleg samples.
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

mrgreen wrote:
sisterstekland wrote: you all wrong ;D

OK, but someone on this forum has sent me samples of a remastered Brussels version, which he said was done for "a compilation DVD of the 2006 gigs". I assumed this was the Highlights dvd, but obviously I was wrong.
The samples I'm talking about sound very similar to the bootleg samples.
may be "docsommer" will use this bootleg for his incomming dvd.
http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=12323

:wink:
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

mr green.. as i said in the beginning of the thread.. it's not a copy of your recording.. the crowd noises are differen, and it has the complete intro, which yours hasn't.. also the quality of the bass and treble lvls are different..
it's a new recording that some1 made without sharing before.. thus made with the intention to sell it imo
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
mrgreen
Road Kill

Ghostrider wrote:mr green.. as i said in the beginning of the thread.. it's not a copy of your recording.. the crowd noises are differen, and it has the complete intro, which yours hasn't.. also the quality of the bass and treble lvls are different..
it's a new recording that some1 made without sharing before.. thus made with the intention to sell it imo
Trust me, I'm 200 % sure it is my recording.

Or could you send me a sample which disproves my statement ?

"Quality" of bass and treble can be changed by EQ. And i've heard a sample of the intro : it is *exactly* the same as mine. Crowd noise is much louder on the boot, yes, but that's due to the boot being compressed.

Or do you have a different boot ? :? Does someone cough loudly just before the Sisters come on stage ?
lachert
Overbomber

yeah, someone should share it or what :innocent: :wink:
long live rock'n'roll