The Heartland Effect

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

I don't think it can be said often enough that, there are lot of very special people on here.
Since I joined nearly four years ago, I've met an outstanding bunch of people, too many to name. You all know who you are anyway.
Only this morning did I receive yet another unexpected package in the mail from a very kind Heartlander, this time at some personal expense to the sender.
Step up to the podium, The Laird of The Gorbals Big Si!

Give yourselves a pat on the back for all the material, spiritual and cultural delights you have bestowed upon me down the years. And a big thanks to The Boss for setting the template. :notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy:

NB. no drink had been taken when this was posted, so it isn't just another of my inebriated ramblings
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

He sent you his personal signed copies of them FGG coasters, didn't he! :lol:

Oh and SECONDED over the whole line! :notworthy:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

THIRDED, and do I need to mention that this thread was started by one of the most generous and outstanding guid guys around here? :notworthy:
smiscandlon
Overbomber

I was quite amazed when I first encountered the overwhelming generosity of the Heartland community.

Of course, I've since realised that you are in fact a shower of bastards.

Generous bastards, but bastards nonethless.
анархия
boudicca
Sister Midnight

smiscandlon wrote:I was quite amazed when I first encountered the overwhelming generosity of the Heartland community.

I am going to gie yew a richt guid STABBIN' the night! :twisted:

And yir no gettin' yir CD back either! :P
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
smiscandlon
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:
smiscandlon wrote:I was quite amazed when I first encountered the overwhelming generosity of the Heartland community.

I am going to gie yew a richt guid STABBIN' the night! :twisted:

And yir no gettin' yir CD back either! :P
Generosity repaid by threats and extortion.

That's the Heartland Effect, people.

Feel the love.

8)
анархия
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Her booty is still licious, or so I'm told... ;D
mh
Above the Chemist

What can I say? I don;t think I've ever seen so many spontaneous acts of kindness and generosity (totally unselfish) concentrated in a single place. It's great being a part of it all! :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
eotunun
Overbomber

It´s special. And yes, there are interesting and special people here.
A shipload of them.
Thanks to you nutts, I have friends all over europe now.
That after hardly ever leaving my hometown.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
James Blast
Banned

... and a big thanks to Michael for getting us back on topic, ye know this one makes sense

NB. drink has now been taken, I'm off out to my cousin's 40th bidet party soon, so normal raving and drooling won't be resumed till at least 10pm :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Good this is mentioned again. I realize it every day. :notworthy:

Cheers Blast.......I will have have a few extra vodka's tonight.......again... :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I'd like to use this thread to say another big thankyou to Ramone for the wonderful things he sent me regarding the mighty Rosetta Stone. I hope you got my thankyou letter and picture of my new framed wall display :D

I'm carrying on my personal quest to own as many awesome 1 of a kind RS shirts as possible. I am going to a professional printer this time. Says "ROSETTA STONE" on the front, and has the Sun/Hill "Disciples pray to light divne" Imagine all across the back.

Thanks Ramone!
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

There's no other place like this, that's the one thing certain in life. And no other like you lot :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Obviousman wrote:There's no other place like this, that's the one thing certain in life. And no other like you lot :notworthy:
Absolutely to the point and bang on the money. Well put, Zeno.

:D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'
Ramone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

It was my pleasure. I'd also like to take this oppotuinity to thank everyone who has made me welcome here.

From the people I've communicated with on here, it does warm the heart to know they're are still many from not only the generation that embraced and kept the spirit alive in the 1980's onwards but that a whole new generation is keeping the faith - so to speak. ( e.g Maisey).

As Rosetta Stone's manager, I was proud as fcuk to be part of a music scene that was so misunderstood by so many. Some of the most memeorable nights I ever had were at 'goth' gigs. And how many of you thought you'd ever hear that statement..enjoy - goth? what!!!

The Sisters were indeed the catalyst for many bands back then - and although we've laughed and some have even been disappointed that no new product has emerged for thirteen years - I still find it amazing that a band that peaked in the 1990's can still garnish such a warm, friendly and supportive fan base.

Many friendships have been and will be made on this site. And I think we should all raise a glass to Quiff et al for keeping this site up and running.

To you all : Maisey, James the Master Blaster, Quiff, Big Si, Bootylicious, Emily..the list goes on.. Thanks .

Ramone
Last edited by Ramone on 19 Jan 2007, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
Ramone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

sorry if that sounded a bit gay lol
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
Silver_Owl
The Don

Never been on any forums on the internet before this
Never intend to go on another after

May Heartland and the great and good who make it good and great
long remain.

To my mates...I salute you!!!! Image
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
eotunun
Overbomber

Ramone wrote:sorry if that sounded a bit gay lol
Don´t worry. Emo toppic.
It´s a group hug thingy, brother!
;D
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
Badlander
Overbomber

ImageImage
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
scotty
Overbomber

CNUTS............CNUTS..........THE LOT OF YOU.........CNUTS.......... :kiss: :kiss:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Do all heartland meetups take place up north?

A quick drink in London this summer might be great if anyones in the area! Someone can bring the box of heartland shirts and make a quick buck ;)
Nationalise the f**king lot.
scotty
Overbomber

Maisey wrote:Do all heartland meetups take place up north?

A quick drink in London this summer might be great if anyones in the area! Someone can bring the box of heartland shirts and make a quick buck ;)
You've missed the Boat mate, Me. the Missus & Burn were there in September :twisted: .

If you get the chance, go to a Leeds meet, it's a great few nights :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

They're all CNUTS though :twisted: :twisted:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
eotunun
Overbomber

Scotty, do you possibly mean "Knutsch", pronounced as "knootsh". meaning :kiss: ?
~Rufus T. Firefly
scotty
Overbomber

eotunun wrote:Scotty, do you possibly mean "Knutsch", pronounced as "knootsh". meaning :kiss: ?
Nope.
eotunun
Overbomber

scotty wrote:
eotunun wrote:Scotty, do you possibly mean "Knutsch", pronounced as "knootsh". meaning :kiss: ?
Nope.
Nope.
Okay.
~Rufus T. Firefly