Andrew will shake his tailfeather for...

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

ryan_w_0000 wrote:ive always thought that new dawn fades sounded v similar to S.K.O.S

perhaps inspiration?? :|
Yep, definitely very Joy Division, I always thought. Novelty, now there's a kick-ass tune.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Nancy_78
Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:
Hoodlum Priest: Heart Of Darkness(1990)
No.Unfortunately.Couldn't find it anywehere. *sigh*
a middle class, white, sample-laden "hip hop" group. short lived, but perversely enoug they name-checked by a few famous musos and journos around at the time... i had that album for a while - i thought they were pretty dodgy actually. :urff: ok, so thay had lots of samples from very cool films, and some of the synth/guitar tunes werent too bad, but the vocals were shocking. :(

:roll:
In Q November 1993 issue in which Andrew presented some of the standout albums from his collection btw he said that: "Heart Of Darkness is such a fabulous album...It does have a very European mentality and sounds like a shiny,American,kinda hip hop thing - as hip hop was understood five(*said in 1993!*) years ago,not now where it's not at all shiny - but I think it's got a very European wit to it.And it was the first album to have all your favourite vocal samples from Blade Runner,Robocop and Terminator I.Great tunes,which are sadly lacking in most,in inverted commas,dance music today.There's a few tracks on it which sound a bit Opus III-y,not good at all,but everything else is rather fine." That made me think to get this album but I just couldn't find it anywhere because it is out of print now.I just want to hear it myself to be able to make the right decision,to get it or not to get it.You know,the ways of thinking are different from person to person. :wink:
Andrew Eldritch wrote: "I'm actually quite a decent bastard..." (New Musical Express, February 27th 1988)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Nancy_78 wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:
Hoodlum Priest: Heart Of Darkness(1990)
No.Unfortunately.Couldn't find it anywehere. *sigh*
a middle class, white, sample-laden "hip hop" group. short lived, but perversely enoug they name-checked by a few famous musos and journos around at the time... i had that album for a while - i thought they were pretty dodgy actually. :urff: ok, so thay had lots of samples from very cool films, and some of the synth/guitar tunes werent too bad, but the vocals were shocking. :(

In Q November 1993 issue in which Andrew presented some of the standout albums from his collection btw he said that: "Heart Of Darkness is such a fabulous album...It does have a very European mentality and sounds like a shiny,American,kinda hip hop thing - as hip hop was understood five(*said in 1993!*) years ago,not now where it's not at all shiny - but I think it's got a very European wit to it.And it was the first album to have all your favourite vocal samples from Blade Runner,Robocop and Terminator I.Great tunes,which are sadly lacking in most,in inverted commas,dance music today.There's a few tracks on it which sound a bit Opus III-y,not good at all,but everything else is rather fine." That made me think to get this album but I just couldn't find it anywhere because it is out of print now.I just want to hear it myself to be able to make the right decision,to get it or not to get it.You know,the ways of thinking are different from person to person. :wink:
;D

now available for download :lol:

http://www.hoodlumpriest.net/heart_of_darkness.html
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
pearson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

where can i find the lyrics?

thx for the link!!!! :notworthy:
there's too much blood in my vodkastream

----------------adam pearson------------------
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Cheers Quiffy :notworthy: :D :notworthy: I've been trying to get hold of this one for a while.
King of Byblos
Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:
Nancy_78 wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote: a middle class, white, sample-laden "hip hop" group. short lived, but perversely enoug they name-checked by a few famous musos and journos around at the time... i had that album for a while - i thought they were pretty dodgy actually. :urff: ok, so thay had lots of samples from very cool films, and some of the synth/guitar tunes werent too bad, but the vocals were shocking. :(

;D

now available for download :lol:

and you laughed when i said men would fly
http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic. ... 9&start=50

[am i on commission or what? :D ]
Hooldum Priest is patchy but it is free and you can always sack off the the tracks you don't like, LOTS of bass and a good dark-boudoiur vibe in the closing tracks. oh and the definitive Blade Runner track.

If i were 12 year older i would probably know more of the other stuff all i can say is Madonna :urff: give us a break!
I am kinda guessing that Von has more than jsut this selection in his collection...come on where's jive bunny and Aqua :innocent:
"Somehow it seems to fill my head with ideas – only I don't exactly know what they are!"
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I only like Bowie, Joy Division, Zeppelin & Motorhead from the tailfeather list. As someone said previously... where's all the metal! :twisted:

I like Robot Chris' fave smells in the 'What We Like, Miscellany' section... tarmac, superglue, tippex & petrol. :lol:
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
bushman*pm
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

dunno what thought is the scarier of AE shaking his tail feathers at:
ray of light or unknown pleaseures!
:lol:
LAND ROVER: THE BEAST FOUR BY FOUR BY FEAR! KICKS THE ARSE OFF RICEBURNERS!
lachert
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:now available for download :lol:

Tracks are encoded at 192kps and stored as windows zip files.
this is s**t, they are all in 160kbps :wink: :lol:
but thanks for the link anyway ;D
long live rock'n'roll
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Mr. Eldritich.... what can I say...he's like the
Thompson Twins prattling on about Lies.

Why do I trust the Thompson Twins word over Andrew's?
Spigel

Considering the most recent album on his list is from 98 .It makes me wonder what will he shake his tail feathers for these days?

Anybody care to guess?
christophe
Overbomber

Spigel wrote:Considering the most recent album on his list is from 98 .It makes me wonder what will he shake his tail feathers for these days?

Anybody care to guess?
didn't you know there is no good album made/released since the mid 90's :wink:
Another Shade of You.
Spigel

christophe wrote:
Spigel wrote:Considering the most recent album on his list is from 98 .It makes me wonder what will he shake his tail feathers for these days?

Anybody care to guess?

Are ya of your nut or what ? mid 90's was when the good music started. :wink:
christophe
Overbomber

Spigel wrote:
christophe wrote:

Anybody care to guess?

Are ya of your nut or what ? mid 90's was when the good music started. :wink:
then why didn't HE ? :?
Another Shade of You.
aims
Overbomber

Because he was way too busy producing top notch product under his alter ego of James Thirlwell. Obviously.

:innocent:

You know it makes sense really ;)
Spigel

. :wink:[/quote]then why didn't HE ? :?[/quote]

I wish i could tell you the answer for that . Still it's not to late and I betcha the next one will blow them all away.

I wonder if he likes Ladyton?
ryan

Motz wrote:Because he was way too busy producing top notch product under his alter ego of James Thirlwell. Obviously.

Von as an australian? Ah, if only...
ormfdmrush
Slight Overbomber

ryan wrote:
Motz wrote:Because he was way too busy producing top notch product under his alter ego of James Thirlwell. Obviously.

Von as an australian? Ah, if only...
nooo, i've got a conversation with Mr.Foetus, he's not Phon
though he sang Ghostrider, too