which song offers hope to you?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
bushman*pm
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

eotunun wrote:
bushman*pm wrote: ..stop looking for hope cos we're all doomed to the spiraling singlelet of our own eventual destruction!
:von: :innocent: ;D :evil:
That´s all due to your monster doggy, I bet..
:lol:

Aw, he's just a playful little lamb really!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
LAND ROVER: THE BEAST FOUR BY FOUR BY FEAR! KICKS THE ARSE OFF RICEBURNERS!
EmeraldSignal
Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:
EmeraldSignal wrote:The song which offers me most hope is the Sisters' 'Gimme Shelter'
... ehm, better have a word with Mr. M Jagger about that :innocent:

Yeah the Sisters changed the lyrics to the song. So, whereas the Stones offer no hope, the Sisters offer great hope.......................hence I agree with the title on some old mag, 'console yourself with the Sisters of Mercy' ( if I remember it correctly).
EmeraldSignal
Amphetamine Filth

_emma_ wrote:
EmeraldSignal wrote:'Love sisters it's just a shot away!'

meaning ( for me of course) for things to get better it's gotta get a whole lot worse.......I'm talking about war man!
I've always heard it as "after a shot, we start to believe in the existence of love". Which is (kind of) hopeful.
That sounds like remorse.
I like the idea of a golden age after Armageddon.
EmeraldSignal
Amphetamine Filth

Eva wrote:
EmeraldSignal wrote:Apart from that, the Sisters' songs (early of course) transport me to a different world - 'far beyond the black horizon beyond the things you know'
That's one of my favourite Sisters' lines... :D
Clearly good taste. Intercontinental Assassin:lol:
Ghost
Road Kill

Heh, I actually find "driven like the snow" soothing in that kind of "hope" way.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Probably "Torch" comes close to hope. Or maybe the Untitled demo.
mh
Above the Chemist

Odd one this, but listening to Gift the other day, Rain From Heaven struck me as a contendah.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
nowayjose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The entire Floodland but especially Flood II and Driven Like The Snow put me back on track when I'm feeling depressed.