Lucretia

Got any interesting thoughts on a set of lyrics? Any that don't involve the word "indeed"? Find yourself struggling to decipher all those obtuse references Von makes? Read "1959 And All That" and still no clearer? Nope, us neither. Postcards found lying in a skip around the back of the Chemists can be found here... Don't say you weren't warned.
robertzombie
Overbomber

I have a couple of questions regarding Lucretia.

1) I always assumed that the Floodland version was called "Lucretia" and the extended ASCOOB version was called "Lucretia My Reflection" and that they had done this to differentiate between the normal and extended versions. However, on the reissue of Floodland it is called "Lucretia My Reflection." Also on the website it's given it's "full" name.
So how come it was just called "Lucretia" on Floodland?

2) Did Andy mean to swap "direction" and "reflection" on the last chorus or was it a mistake?
Petseri
Overbomber

a) Unless I am mistaken, mine have been with the longer title on the album.

b) What, mistakes on a Sisters release? :eek: That would never happen in 2006! :lol: Anyway, I can not read the man's mind, but I suspect that it is intentional.

c) Send replies to this thread?
robertzombie
Overbomber

Oops, forgot about that thread :oops:
Elfeyth
Road Kill

I always thought that lyrics in the song 'Lucretia' referred to a Lucretia who was a Roman noblewoman and raped by the emperor Tarquin. Wasn't she supposed to have killed herself in some kind of stadium after publicly proclaiming what had happened to her. Did this have something to do with the fall of the Roman Empire? I think the 'empire down' lyric in the song seems to back this up.

This said, I read what's on '1959 and all that', but it went on about Lucretia Borgia who poisoned lots of people and doesn't seem to be the same as the persona above. I always though that Lucretia was a real 'surviving against the odds' kind of song. Anyone got any ideas?

Oh, and if you know what 'methadrine' is, I'd like to hear that too!!
eotunun
Overbomber

Hello Elfeyth! Welcome to madness! Nice to see a non-spammer join.

As for the song-Multiple interpretability is standard equipment of Sisters products..
There is shadow under this red rock
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Methedrine is another name for methamphetamine
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
iesus
Overbomber

one part of the answer to which empire :von: is talking about exists in wikipedia's section that Markfiend mention above :wink:

i copy/paste the paragraph, you can read further details in there:

"...The drug was widely distributed across rank and division, from elite forces to tank crews and aircraft personnel. Chocolates dosed with methamphetamine were known as Fliegerschokolade ("flyer's chocolate") when given to pilots, or Panzerschokolade ("tanker's chocolate") when distributed to tank crews. From 1942 until his death in 1945, Adolf Hitler was given daily intravenous injections of methamphetamine by his personal physician, Theodor Morell,[6] as a treatment for depression and fatigue...."
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

"nazi-crank" -the seven-a-day to keep the sanity at bay delusional diet of toothbrush-tached illegitimate austrian house-painters of the schicklegruber clan since 1939.

still heavily used in ex-eastern bloc countris like czech rep. as a cheap way of paying the work-force when the dumpligs run out. :wink:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: