How Obsessive are you...really?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.

So, which one will it be?

Poll ended at 16 Feb 2007, 22:53

Body Electric
36%
10 pints of beer (or equivilent)
17%
Got it
28%
*hic*
19%

Total votes: 36
King of Byblos
Amphetamine Filth

having not 'been there' all my tsom is from fairs (bar VS etc)
i've only got one of each mind...not every release of everything, it all sounds the same :)

the most i haven't paid for a record was £25 for adrenachome i saw in a 'certain basement second-hand shop' in LS6, but it was six months after SGWBM was out... six months earlier and i would have shelled out for it, probably :!:
"Somehow it seems to fill my head with ideas – only I don't exactly know what they are!"
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I'd probably pay it.

Paid £40 for a really nice digipack Frankfurt 2003 boot from ebay a few years back. Ridiculous money when I think about it. :roll:
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

If looked after, Adrenochrome will last a life time. Beer, on the other hand, will only result in a headache that will pass in 5 hours.

I'm going to go with Adrenochrome, but that's not me being obsessive, that's me being wise with my money. :P
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

This has reminded me, there was a shop near the Corn Exchange in Leeds (apologies to non Leeds peeps as you prob won't know it) called Vinyl Demand or something. It shut a few years back.

I got SSV from there on CD, paid £25 for it. They had the Dr Jeep & Detonation Boulevard CD singles in there for £30 each! :eek:

(No I didn't by the way, I got them from eil.com)
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Badlander
Overbomber

Purple Light wrote:This has reminded me, there was a shop near the Corn Exchange in Leeds (apologies to non Leeds peeps as you prob won't know it) called Vinyl Demand or something. It shut a few years back.
Vinyl Tap, which has since turned into a web-based record shop : http://www.vinyltap.co.uk/

They used to have great stuff, but I also remember it being quite pricey. :?
There was another shop in the same area which was pretty good, but I can't remember the name. More reasonable price-wise and a good deal of bootlegs. :)
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
King of Byblos
Amphetamine Filth

Badlander wrote:
Purple Light wrote:This has reminded me, there was a shop near the Corn Exchange in Leeds (apologies to non Leeds peeps as you prob won't know it) called Vinyl Demand or something. It shut a few years back.
Vinyl Tap, which has since turned into a web-based record shop : http://www.vinyltap.co.uk/

There was another shop in the same area which was pretty good, but I can't remember the name. More reasonable price-wise and a good deal of bootlegs. :)
poss' Racks of Wax?

VT certainly knew the 'list' price, but also had good condition stock, bought ToL 7" and Space by Space LP there (a whopping £25, a lot of money in them days)
"Somehow it seems to fill my head with ideas – only I don't exactly know what they are!"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Vinyl Tap was on Call Lane, then moved behind the Corn Exchange; what was the one that used to be on Lower Briggate called?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
radiojamaica
Overbomber

I got it for a very fair price from another Heartlander!

I had never been in this place, but knew about it.
Then I bought Tom's spare copy and passed by his place to pick it up (I remember quite well because it was raining cats'n dogs that night and my lovely Suzuki ZR gave the ghost a few miles further down the road)...

... a little bit later I signed up :wink: :notworthy:
in dub we trust
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Big Si, would you go as far as this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUNN-RARE-WHITE-T ... dZViewItem

The only high price i will pay for sisters material is future material. Thinking of silver shining discs, golden sleeves, covers with LED-lights (like Pink Floyd) etc.
guns & cars & accidents
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I would pay £15 for Body Electric, maybe £20 for Damage Done. But only because those are the two best singles. Not because they're "rare". :urff:
Badlander
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:what was the one that used to be on Lower Briggate called?
I think that's the one I was referring to. :)
Big Si
School Bully

dinky daisy wrote:Big Si, would you go as far as this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUNN-RARE-WHITE-T ... dZViewItem

The only high price i will pay for sisters material is future material. Thinking of silver shining discs, golden sleeves, covers with LED-lights (like Pink Floyd) etc.
If I was a Sunn O))) fan then probably, definitely, yes. Unfortunately, I don't believe I've heard them, and am currently concentrating on Earth. Im not buying them because they have a value, i'm buying them because i'm a "completist" when it comes to bands I very much like. One day i'll get round to buying an authentic Damage Done and possibly even a Red Vinyl Belgian Temple of Love.

Luckily I'm a confirmed bachelor with no children and no mortgage, so after putting beer token's and food stamps aside, i've got some spare cash for self indulgences :wink: ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Big Si
School Bully

James Blast wrote:Bunch of Arse!, I think so.

Fancy a pint wi me Pat+Andrew come this Friday?
It could mean some 24+1 Wind Hawk Men :innocent:

n' some people respond tae their voice mail, BTW Erse! :evil: :|
You talkin' to me?

What bloody Voicemail? If I miss a call on me moby it tells me, and I get a text telling me if I've got a voicemail message! :|

No can do i'm afraid. I'm working early Saturday morning/afternoon and then it's my flatmate's b'day so i'll be up the dancin' :roll:

See you in March :wink:

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
theyoungbrain
Road Kill

i just paid (GULP!) £200 for a copy of 'the blood' on 7" by the cure, there are only 300-400 in the world and go for a LOT more than that generally! and i now don't need much by them to get everything i want by them, my sisters collection is by comparison rather sad although the i have the songs. my mate used to have 'damage done' and 'body electric' but sold it on ebay, the rotter!
blood instead of rain...
eotunun
Overbomber

Option one for me. If I spend so much money that´ll be for something that lasts!
There is shadow under this red rock
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Badlander wrote:

I did get a signed double 7" of The Lorries Crawling Mantra from them, back when I had disposable income :innocent:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
King of Byblos
Amphetamine Filth

Badlander wrote:
without wanting to get into some strange-forum-loop :evil:
was it not Crash b4 it moved...Leeds and it's mobile Secord Shops ! or Leeds Record Shop Bingo?
but it could have been Polar Bear; that ended up as a kak second-hand CD single shop in the County Arcade

aaargh! my head hurts ;D
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

King of Byblos wrote:
Badlander wrote:
without wanting to get into some strange-forum-loop :evil:
was it not Crash b4 it moved...Leeds and it's mobile Secord Shops ! or Leeds Record Shop Bingo?
but it could have been Polar Bear; that ended up as a kak second-hand CD single shop in the County Arcade

aaargh! my head hurts ;D
I don't think it was Crash. The shop I'm thinking of had a copy of Damage Done on the wall for all the time I knew of the place.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

There was Replay, before it moved.

And waaay back in the mists of time, Vinyl Addiction. Wonderful shop stocked to the gills with Sisters bootlegs. 8) :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Planet Dave wrote:And waaay back in the mists of time, Vinyl Addiction.
That's the fellow! Thanks Dave. My memory...
—Bertrand Russell
King of Byblos
Amphetamine Filth

Planet Dave wrote:There was Replay, before it moved.

And waaay back in the mists of time, Vinyl Addiction. Wonderful shop stocked to the gills with Sisters bootlegs. 8) :notworthy:
blimy yes, that is way back 8)
well done that man! :notworthy:
Badlander
Overbomber

The name Replay does ring a bell. That may be the one I used to go to. 8)
I also remember Polar Bear, but that was a bit later, wasn't it ?
replicant
Road Kill

I bought body electric at a record fair at the NEC, some time in the early 90's, paid £60 for it. Bought Damage Done at the same time for £150. I had obsessive completist disorder back then, thankfully it’s cleared up now. £210 on two 7 inch singles is still my most pointlessly extravagant purchase. There's no way I'd spend £60 or even £35 on Body Electric these days. I'd spend it on videogames instead :-)
Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's good
mh
Above the Chemist

Me has a scary thought...

If I went off the smokes for a while, I could easily invest the same amount of money in a BE, and a lot of people (most people?) would likely call it a better use of money.

Fortunately I'm not the type to agonize too much over these things. :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

It came through this morning.

It is sublime.

Worth every penny.
Nationalise the f**king lot.