The Sisters Of 2007

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
ormfdmrush
Slight Overbomber

any rumours about Eldo&Sons plans for this year?
kinda 10 new albums, Mongolia tour, transplanting the hair from Ben to Andrew and so on
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Maybe they could transplant Ben's enthusiasm :innocent:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Plenty of rumours. Year after year. Some of them even become reality. But just some of them. Meet......The Sisters Of Mercy. :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"
mh
Above the Chemist

That all depends on Punxatawney Phil.

If he sees his shadow, there will be a Sisters tour. If he doesn't there won't.

If, on the other hand, his shadow gets up off the ground and starts doing a tango, we might get an LP.

Otherwise we will remain in the perpetual loop.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

stop, please.
guns & cars & accidents
Rafster
Amphetamine Filth

these threads are really useless and they really annoy me :evil:
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

Rafster wrote:these threads are really useless and they really annoy me :evil:
as usual :lol:
slicepack
Amphetamine Filth

I think everyone should prepare themselves for the point in time where, while waiting for something meaningful to happen, we actually run out of things to talk about.
School Bully

slicepack wrote:I think everyone should prepare themselves for the point in time where, while waiting for something meaningful to happen, we actually run out of things to talk about.
Luckily we all have varied music tastes, otherwise this forum would have dried up a long time ago. :|
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Carpathian Psychonaut

It actually amazes me that after all this time there is still a very good percentage of posts ON topic !

As to this thread in question, I think that the looking forward into 2007 is as interesting as looking back. Compared to the "now" and thoughts on the "past", especially when you look right back as far as people do, the "future" is pretty wide open.

Apart from a Lithuanian Bhangra Opera concept album.

I'm discounting that, at least....
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

If he sees his shadow, there will be a Sisters tour. If he doesn't there won't
:lol: :lol:

This thread has justified its own existance.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Pista
Cureboi

And just like in the film (groundhog day) history will probably repeat itself & we'll be seeing a "sisters of 2008" post the same time next year right? :roll:
Still, on the upside, & if history does indeed repeat itself, we'll get a good tour at least :wink:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Hopefully someone will also promise something to drool over for next year's 16th of Feb. :D
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Michael aka Emilien
Amphetamine Filth

Sure!
markfiend wrote:I didn't compose it, I don't even remember how good it is.
Michael aka Emilien @ My Opera Community: http://my.opera.com/michael_aka_emilien
Michael aka Emilien @ My Space Community: http://myspace.com/michael_aka_emilien
buzz
Road Kill

BORING!
Badass
Amphetamine Filth

I remember i read in another thread that the Sisters play a Festival in Belgium. Couldnt find the thread again. Infos anyone?
This is not revenche, this is punishment
lachert
Overbomber

Badass wrote:I remember i read in another thread that the Sisters play a Festival in Belgium. Couldnt find the thread again. Infos anyone?
badass, don't smoke so much :lol: :wink:
http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic. ... 50&start=0
long live rock'n'roll
Nic
Slight Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:Plenty of rumours. Year after year. Some of them even become reality. But just some of them. Meet......The Sisters Of Mercy. :wink:
Welcome to the muppet show... :innocent:
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

no pleasing some folks....massivest world tour ever and the first new song in yonks....followed by:

two years of recovering and not packaging a dvd (i mean how hard is that?) and not thinking:
"hey! that eastmidswhizzkid's got a point! half the songs are laid down anyway for playing live and ben and robobreezers are competent enough to lay down 87 million guitar tracks in an afternoon -all i've got to do is tweak fiddle and polish them in the comfort of my own home and then spend a month doing some serious amphetamines and singing along to them and Mercifully Release them online and the deserving loyal and worthy faithful boys and girls who would give their left bollock/overy for a new album will shut the f**k up and die happy."

i for my part would accept the offer of becoming the sisters live bassist for the payment in perpetuity of my travel expense and drugs and live happily ever after. :von:

yes these threads can get really dull but if you don't like them you can f**k off. actually. :wink:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Petseri
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:i for my part would accept the offer of becoming the sisters live bassist
I like your thinking here. :notworthy:
frankvink
Road Kill

ormfdmrush wrote:Mongolia tour
Bugger, betcha I'm the only one reading this board who would actually be happy if they did play Mongolia. Being holed up in Cambodia for the past years, Mongolia would be the closest proximity of a Sisters gig in a long time... Missed them anywhere by a few weeks last year, and (if Affligem materializes) will miss them again this year.

Ho hum
ormfdmrush
Slight Overbomber

well, i don't think that anyone knows our Sisters in Mongolia...
tell your sad story, please
xfloorshowx
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I know that the Arvika Festival in Sweden (where Sisters playes 98 & 01) has contacted Sisters to make an "old-school" performance, I'm sure that one is gonna happen :innocent:

Realisticly (or optimisticly), I think that we will see a new release this year in one form or another. Hope that the new guys can manage to drag :von: to the studio...

Even more realisticly we will get what we deserve, a fake snakeskin-box (or was it velvet :? ) and a couple of festival-gigs :urff:
mh
Above the Chemist

Why do I get the feeling that Von would much rather have several large and awkwardly-shaped gardening tools slammed up his nose than do an "old school" performance?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
bushman*pm

Rafster wrote:these threads are really useless and they really annoy me :evil:
let me look in my bothered pocket.............................
..................................................nope, still empty!

i heard there will definately be a NEW album this year!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
LAND ROVER: THE BEAST FOUR BY FOUR BY FEAR! KICKS THE ARSE OFF RICEBURNERS!