The ultimate choice...

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.

Which would you rather?

Option A
29%
Option B
71%

Total votes: 49
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Not the vox, though :lol:
we've got beer and we've got fuel
nowayjose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

robertzombie wrote:Ben's band performed Walk Away a few months back. I'm sure there's a video on youtube... I'd imagine Walk Away would sound pretty similar to the Night By Night version if played by the sisters.
Well, it's impossible to discern ANYTHING from that youtube clip except some ghastly.. noise.. video phones are truly the devil's work. I can't really see the point in uploading such bit garbage.
Badlander
Overbomber

Oliver wrote: An interesting example is the title "Summer" that, in my opinion, lost most part of its subtlety because of the little unpleasant hard-FM riffs that appeared on it last year.
Erm...
The official site wrote:This series of independent singles was due to start with a stonking (of course) version of 'SUMMER'. [...] It goes like a freight train painted in the shiniest yellows and blues.
So much for subtlety. :P :roll: :innocent:

I do love Ben's harmonics on Summer. :notworthy:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Nada
Road Kill

Although I did vote..... If I were Andrew I wouldn't feel much compelled to do anything by this sort of means of pressure... Having written something already (bla! bad!), I know it really bugs to have someone (specially lots of them!) desperately waiting for the results of your crazy (and lazy!) head work!

For myself I can say I thank him for the pleasure he gave us already - and would really appreciated it if he had a chat show - imagine: "Our dearest guest today is George W Bush" - Wow! S- laugh - ter! :von:
"For want of a rider the battle was lost."
Perki
Amphetamine Filth

I'll be selfish and say a tour, but only if they came further south than London :urff:
Nork1
Road Kill

I'd say neither. Cherish the memories.
Oliver
Road Kill

Badlander wrote:
The official site wrote:This series of independent singles was due to start with a stonking (of course) version of 'SUMMER'. [...] It goes like a freight train painted in the shiniest yellows and blues.
So much for subtlety.
:notworthy:
Yes, as someone said before, I was wrong...

...instead of "woodcutters" I should have said that "these guys play guitar like railwaymen"
Badlander
Overbomber

Oliver wrote: ...instead of "woodcutters" I should have said that "these guys play guitar like railwaymen"
:lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :lol:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
eotunun
Overbomber

mh wrote:I'd prefer option D then, both.
:roll: So it took ten posts to mark the obviously right choice for true fans.
You lot dissapoint me! Thanks mh, that´s the spirit! ;D
There is shadow under this red rock