A Merciful Release - So Will You Buy It?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.

Will you buy "A Merciful Release"?

Hell, yeah!
48%
Hell, no!
27%
Hell, maybe!
25%

Total votes: 89
Syberberg
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

And here's what CDUniverse have to say about F&L&A (emphasis added):
Sisters Of Mercy: Andrew Eldritch (vocals, guitar, keyboards, synthesizer, programming); That Guitarist (guitar, background vocals); Craig Adams (guitar); Gary Marx (bass). The Sisters Of Mercy's debut, 1985's FIRST AND LAST AND ALWAYS.......Fans might wish to note the album's 1992 remastering cleans up the sound quality significantly, but whichever version you hear, this album is an extraordinary document.
Oh dear. :roll:
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
Carpathian Psychonaut

Syberberg wrote:And here's what CDUniverse have to say about F&L&A (emphasis added):
Sisters Of Mercy: Andrew Eldritch (vocals, guitar, keyboards, synthesizer, programming); That Guitarist (guitar, background vocals); Craig Adams (guitar); Gary Marx (bass). The Sisters Of Mercy's debut, 1985's FIRST AND LAST AND ALWAYS.......Fans might wish to note the album's 1992 remastering cleans up the sound quality significantly, but whichever version you hear, this album is an extraordinary document.
Oh dear. :roll:
That is pretty shoddy, but at least they say:-
Sisters Of Mercy: Andrew Eldritch (vocals, guitar, keyboards, synthesizer, programming); That Guitarist (guitar, background vocals); Craig Adams (guitar); Gary Marx (bass). The Sisters Of Mercy's debut, 1985's FIRST AND LAST AND ALWAYS......Fans might wish to note the album's 1992 remastering cleans up the sound quality significantly, but whichever version you hear, this album is an extraordinary document.
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
Scottish One
Road Kill

bought thru amazon, box is nice, fine print say "merciful release logo used by kind permission of The Reptile House Ltd." bottom of the back of box it say this.
vision thing skipping and misprint corrected.
i happy with it. and maybe sisters did sign new record contract?
guilhas
Amphetamine Filth

Scottish One wrote:vision thing skipping and misprint corrected.
thanks for letting me know.
no need to unseal the box :lol:
callmelightning
Road Kill

Just got mine from the post. The re-mastering sounds great, I am giddy as a schoolgirl.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Scottish One wrote: and maybe sisters did sign new record contract?
:lol: .....sorry I mean no offence but this really made me laugh. You are not serious, are you?
"as we walk on the floodland"
Scottish One
Road Kill

yes i mean it
Grison
Road Kill

No, I won´t buy it, seems like a rip-off... 4 month or so after the remasters, why?
Maybe, if the price goes down to a tenner or so.
I'll see you sometime later
When I'm through with my accumulator.
hellboy69

well, i'm so glad i popped into Camden high st Music Exchange on me way home ~ picked up a brand spankin new shrik-wrapped MR set with a "Promo" sticker on it for a mere £15 8) (oh, if anyone in the vicinity of Norf Laaahndahn is interested, they had the individual digipaks for £7 each)

the full NeverLand is.......breathtaking. I'd donate a pinky to hear this performed live. ELEVEN minutes 45! Sublime, like Eldritch has wandered into John Carpenter's The Fog (in mirror shades of course).

the mastering sounds velly good ~ will have to headphone these suckers all next week :innocent:
James Blast
Banned

my iTunes say 11:59, and I coulda bought the box for fourteen quid on play.com months ago

Next! :twisted:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
hellboy69

I'll give you the 11:59 thang, but Play is charging more now...

Mr Blast, you are a bad man :twisted:

ps: it was in the Goth section :lol:
James Blast
Banned

I am a Bad Man yes, why do you ask?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
hellboy69

cos i got Dirty Deeds and i need 'em Done Dirt Cheap :D

actually, about the 11:59 thang ~ i was playing my shiny new Floodland on the trusty old CD player ~ NL comes in at 11:46, with a 14 second gap thingy before Emma.

down Blast! down! ouch that hurts!
Syberberg

hellboy69 wrote: down Blast! down! ouch that hurts!
Well, if you will insist on flirting with him...
hellboy69 wrote:actually, about the 11:59 thang ~ i was playing my shiny new Floodland on the trusty old CD player ~ NL comes in at 11:46, with a 14 second gap thingy before Emma.
...what do you expect?
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
James Blast
Banned

that 14 second section is an homage to John Cage's 4:33
~ Peter Steele
hellboy69

now there's a terrifying concept for a new Sissies album...
Carpathian Psychonaut

hellboy69 wrote:now there's a terrifying concept for a new Sissies album...
....and it would still take :von: a number of years to release !! :lol:
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises