MICE

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Hahaha! Yes, I suppose that could be a bit of a jolt, first thing in the morning! I remember years ago when my dad accidentally sucked up a tiny fieldmouse in the garage with the central vac (he'd removed the brush end for some reason, so the open nozzle was big enough to grab the poor mouse). Horrified, he brought the canister outdoors, and opened it gently on the picnic table. The mouse was still alive - and well, apparently, except for being covered in a thick layer of dust. It actually sneezed, rubbed the dust off its face, and scampered off! :D

Also, the sight of a wee dead mouse in my dad's house (the rodent was about the size of the end of my thumb, with tiny, perfectly-round ears) nearly made me cry! What a wuss. :(
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
undertow
Amphetamine Filth

SINsister wrote
It actually sneezed, rubbed the dust off its face, and scampered off!
They are pretty hardy really I'm alwqys amazed at what small gaps they can squeeze through. Before I moved it wasnearly always field mice I was getting,I couldn't get over how light and delicate they felt when you went to let them go, you can feel every boneas well , well perhaps you can't , but that's what it feels like.

I always got the feeling they were saying 'see you again sucker... at tea time'

Mainly beacuse they kept coming back

I used to end up walking half a mile to get rid in the Park, I allways had another visitor within the week

Anyway I'm sure you don't need to know the 1994 Mouse journal!
'I have reason to believe' he said, 'that one of you has been going out at night!'
EvilBastard
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:@EB: did you get that baby kitty pic here, by any chance? :D :D :D
Guilty as charged, ma'am.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Petseri
Overbomber

The best option is a cat (although I have heard that cat hair is enough too, if you really want to leave fur balls around you pad). When the cat solves the mouse probelm, get a dog to take care of the cat. :innocent:

If you go with traps, try chocolate (as noted) like chocolate chips as bait. Even better is peanut butter. Over time, mice may note former mice scents on the traps, so they may not be as effective over time.

It may not matter anyway if you can not find the hole where they are getting in. Finding their entrance may be tough, though.
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Cat.

We had mice in the flat where I grew up. The landlord used poison. I've once seen a mouse die of it and believe me it's not a nice view. As soon as we had the cat the mice disappeared, she only had the chance to catch one once, and that I took away from her within minutes. So no blood stains and no agonies in our flat.

Just be aware of the fact that cats live for about 20 years. Are you prepared to take the responsability for such a long time?
You can't fix stupid.
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Our dogs (<----) chase mice around the garden and quite occasionally even catch them... but then they are malamutes and I wouldn't really recommend letting them run around your house trying to catch a wee mousey.
You'd have no house left... :)

Oh and yes to the peanut butter in those safe plastic traps - works a treat.
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Eva wrote:Just be aware of the fact that cats live for about 20 years. Are you prepared to take the responsability for such a long time?
Every time again, yes. They are the loveliest pets one can have (sorry Uncle J!), waaaay smarter than dogs, cuddlier than birds, more hygienic than all the rest (they cr@p in the neighbours' gairden, how clean can it be! :lol:).

And the purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .... oh... :notworthy:

IZ (<--- cat lover, apparently).
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
scotty
Overbomber

:roll: amatures :roll: :lol:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
eotunun
Overbomber

Make a sport of your mice!
First you need to get the right mood for it.

And then exercise your swiftness and precision of reaction.
But actually I do like these little bastards. Even though they ruined my furniture that was stowed in a garage when I had no flat for three months.

There was a whole mice village in my couch, books and sheets halfway eaten.. When I got into my current flat all that was left was the frame of my bed and a deskchair. The stench of the mice still stuck in the cardboard boxes with surviving things for a while, and when emptying one I had considerred clean, I found a mouse mother with two babys trying to suck milk from their dead mom, all three mummyfied. A sad sight, even after what they did to my belongings. :(
There is shadow under this red rock
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

eotunun wrote:Make a sport of your mice!
First you need to get the right mood for it.

And then exercise your swiftness and precision of reaction.
But actually I do like these little bastards. Even though they ruined my furniture that was stowed in a garage when I had no flat for three months.

There was a whole mice village in my couch, books and sheets halfway eaten.. When I got into my current flat all that was left was the frame of my bed and a deskchair. The stench of the mice still stuck in the cardboard boxes with surviving things for a while, and when emptying one I had considerred clean, I found a mouse mother with two babys trying to suck milk from their dead mom, all three mummyfied. A sad sight, even after what they did to my belongings. :(
:cry: I'm now horrendously depressed ater reading that. :cry: :cry: :cry:

My garage mouse (well, you know, not 'mine' technically) has done one, and I miss him, even if he did rip the lining of one of my Docs to smithereens and make a nice little nest with it in the toe.

Jess - that is a very very cool looking cat, there's some serious attitude emanating from that expression. 8) :notworthy: (what was that about pets reflecting their owners personalities? :wink: :kiss: )
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

This is all I have to do with mice :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
boudicca
Sister Midnight

MOUSES
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
James Blast
Banned

I used to have an hamster, any good?

<---expects flood of Richard Gere and Pet Shop Boys innuendo
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
canon docre
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: Jess - that is a very very cool looking cat, there's some serious attitude emanating from that expression. 8) :notworthy: (what was that about pets reflecting their owners personalities? :wink: :kiss: )
:lol: You might be onto something... After 16 years of domestic quarrel over dominance of this household we approximated.

Blast, Hamsters are really boring. They come right after the guinea-pig - the pinnacle of uselessness within the animal kingdom.
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
Grison
Road Kill

Talking about cats, a homepage can be made on any subject I guess.

http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/c ... igmiaow.pl

I'll see you sometime later
When I'm through with my accumulator.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Grison wrote:Talking about cats, a homepage can be made on any subject I guess.

http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/c ... igmiaow.pl

Completely on-topic then! :lol:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

All of this talk of furry felines has made me jealous! :( I'd luuuuuuurve a kitteh, but I'm deathly allergic! So unfair.
James Blast
Banned

SINsister wrote:I'd luuuuuuurve a kitteh, but I'm deathly allergic! So unfair.
See, all Cats Are Bastards! :twisted:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Eva wrote:Just be aware of the fact that cats live for about 20 years. Are you prepared to take the responsability for such a long time?
Every time again, yes. They are the loveliest pets one can have (sorry Uncle J!), waaaay smarter than dogs, cuddlier than birds, more hygienic than all the rest (they cr@p in the neighbours' gairden, how clean can it be! :lol:).

And the purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .... oh... :notworthy:

IZ (<--- cat lover, apparently).

Of course I toally agree.... :D
You can't fix stupid.
Badlander
Overbomber

Some of them look more like Charlie Chaplin than Hitler. :lol:

This little dude doesn't look like the Führer, but he's quite scary nonetheless, isn't he ? :twisted:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
James Blast
Banned

It's a feckin' cat of course it's scary, wee bastard! pffff.....
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

Badlander wrote:
Some of them look more like Charlie Chaplin than Hitler. :lol:

This little dude doesn't look like the Führer, but he's quite scary nonetheless, isn't he ? :twisted:
Yikes! You don't wanna be putting water on him, or feeding him after midnight.

Although on the positive side, there's a good chance you may be able to pick up Sky Sports (or the background microwave radiation from the big bang) on those ears...
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

ROFL!!! He looks like that other actor, too... What the heck's his name?
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

canon docre wrote:
James Blast wrote:I've said it before, looks like I'll have to say it again - Cats are Bastards!

thank you
why thank you, cat-fodder.

Pluton has a worthy companion when it comes to cat coolness... :notworthy:
(Now if someone could make Jess an avatar with the German version of "All your base are belong to us", we might just witness a complete cat takeover of this here forum ;D)
James Blast
Banned

I'll be back, against my better judgement...
~ Peter Steele