Hawkwind Programme on BBC3

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Its on Friday 30th March at 9pm (I think).

Know that some of you are fans. Why do the most interesting shows always get run on a Friday night!?!
James Blast
Banned

Rev'rnd!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
associated info here
Last edited by James Blast on 20 Mar 2007, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Is that BBC TV or Radio :?: If it's radio at least there's a slim chance I'll be able to listen to it here in Belgium…
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

telly Zed
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Obviousman wrote:Is that BBC TV or Radio :?: If it's radio at least there's a slim chance I'll be able to listen to it here in Belgium…
bbc three is one of the digital tv channels
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Thank f**k I'll be in the pub :twisted:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Damn!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

It's going to be on the other digital channel BBC4
~ Peter Steele
Mothra

James Blast wrote:Rev'rnd!
associated info here
My first "Rev'rnd", and it turns out I gave you the wrong feckin channel!!!

BBC4 it is, apparently Lemmy and Michael Moorcock are featured, but no Dave Brock. Radio Times calls it an "entertaining documentary telling the extraordinary story of a freewheelin, druggy, ramshackle, multimedia, hippy dance band that emerged as the 1960s and became the 1970s"
James Blast
Banned

I heard Nik Turner on the Freak Zone about a month back talking about it and the re-release of his album Xitintoday. He's on it as is Lemmy but Dave Brock had his footage removed after some sort of disagreement. Stacia's not on it either, well not as she is now, seems she lives in Ireland and is still trying to forget about it all. :(
~ Peter Steele
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Mothra wrote:BBC4 it is, apparently Lemmy and Michael Moorcock are featured, but no Dave Brock.
No Dave?!?!?!? :eek: Ptooie, I'll not bother having my sister tape it, then. The BrockMan IS The 'Wind :evil:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Grison
Road Kill

Maybe it´ll turn up on a .torrent site, I´d love to see it with or without Dave Brock.
I'll see you sometime later
When I'm through with my accumulator.
mh
Above the Chemist

A DVD release would also be nice, if it's long enough to justify one.

Pity about Stacia, it would be nice for her to get some kudos for her contribution, but if she's doing what feels right for herself one can't really complain.

'ver Wind = The classic Space Ritual line-up, by the way. Take away any one element, and you lose the magic.

Edit: just noticed this further down the page:

Caption: "Andrew Taylor has a surreal moment"
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

never spotted that :oops:
~ Peter Steele
wild bill buttock

mh wrote:
Pity about Stacia, it would be nice for her to get some kudos for her contribution, but if she's doing what feels right for herself one can't really complain.
I think its was more about what she got out than what she put in :twisted: :wink:

I'll be watching and I also see Nik Turner is touring next month with a bunch of Anti-Brock-ites called Space ritual hmmmmm.

Perhaps Brock is refusing to go on cus he's still sulking cus Mick Wall once told him he looked like "a Dustman" :notworthy: :lol: :lol:
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
James Blast
Banned

read dis bill
then talk to me :|
~ Peter Steele
Mothra

James Blast wrote:read dis bill
I read that a few months ago, I've not heard all that much by the band but thought it would make for an entertaining read (which it was).

There's another book about them (Sonic Assassins) - have you read it, and is it worth picking up? Its pretty expensive (about £16), and I'm guessing there's not gonna be a lot in there that wasn't covered by Carol Clerk.
James Blast
Banned

sorry not read Sonic Assassins
~ Peter Steele
wild bill buttock

James Blast wrote:read dis bill
You keep telling me that.I still havn't taken your advice.So I'm not talking to you no more.

So there!
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
Big Si
School Bully

Mothra wrote:Its on Friday 30th March at 9pm (I think).

Know that some of you are fans. Why do the most interesting shows always get run on a Friday night!?!
Payday Friday? :eek: I'll be in the battlecruiser :(
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
James Blast
Banned

the rub-a-dub? :innocent:
~ Peter Steele
DerekR
Doobie Brother

weebleswobble wrote:Thank f**k I'll be in the pub :twisted:
and I'll be here...

James Blast
Banned

I dectect a Peter Saville/Factory Records steal :innocent:
~ Peter Steele
undertow
Amphetamine Filth

I've got a good Hawkwind anectdote that I witnessed first hand , all of life's rich confusion, but I'll save it for the pub next HHHHeartland Leeds.
'I have reason to believe' he said, 'that one of you has been going out at night!'
James Blast
Banned

***Hawkwind: Do Not Panic***
BBC Four
Fri 30 Mar, 23:50 - 00:50 60 mins

Told for the first time, the inside story of Hawkwind, one of Britain's wildest acid rock bands. They emerged from the Ladbroke Grove underground at the end of the 1960s, trailing the radicalism of the counter-culture in their wake, and have been a direct influence on punk, metal, dance and rave - as well as pioneering multimedia rock shows with their legendary Space Ritual tour, and leading the free festival scene from its birth to its apogee at the last Stonehenge in 1984.

Unruly, anarchic, and often at war with themselves, Hawkwind are one of the last great outsider bands. Although the testimony of guitarist and founder member Dave Brock isn't present, the film includes interviews with some of the band's enduring legends, including bassist Lemmy, writer Michael Moorcock, founder members Terry Ollis, Nik Turner and Mick Slattery, former managers Doug Smith and Jeff Dexter, leading rock critic Nick Kent and broadcaster and super-fan Matthew Wright. Strong language.
~ Peter Steele