Worst Sisters songs.

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Mr. Wah
Amphetamine Filth

Aaaghh... YCBTO, again! I can understand why someone would like this song - the lyrics are highly amusing after all. But sonically it is low-grade by any standard. I'm fairly sure it was intended as a fairly obvious joke, nothing more.

Since I started this thread, I've decided that my least loved song is Possession, followed closely by Torch.

I think the first single should be viewed in the context of 'mitigating circumstances'. I would also now include 1969 if it was indeed a true Sisters song rather than a cover. :P
Elfeyth
Road Kill

Hmm. I agree abut 'Torch', which I think is kind of a dull song, but I love '1969' lots and lots due to the restless, perky anger this track has (OkaaYY!!).
LOVE the Sisters, love FISH x X x
czuczu
Overbomber

Dr Jeep, I really want to love it but that horrible keyboard layer is just treacle slapped on top... Sounds like they didn't quite know what to do with it when they were recording so covered up the main riff & bass with all kinds of insubstantial fluff instead of adding the required aggression. The Speed Kings cut, while being a very average recording is way better, as is the '06 take. Bury Me Deep also fails to make the grade for me, musically OK but what's up with that singing? :urff:
tooyoung
Road Kill

You Could Be the One is without a doubt my least favorite.

Then 1969, but as someone stated above, it's just a cover.

Train follows a close third, I can't understand why this song gets so much recognition.

Everything else is gold.
Mary Bell, we knew you well...
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Elfeyth wrote:Hmm. I agree abut 'Torch', which I think is kind of a dull song, but I love '1969' lots and lots due to the restless, perky anger this track has (OkaaYY!!).
Torch > Most of Floodland. ;)
robertzombie
Overbomber

Do you even like the sisters? :P
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

We've been here before :?

@Dark

I swear you've claimed that "sandstorm" is the best thing Von has come up with...

Do you still stand by this?
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Arch Deviant
Amphetamine Filth

Never Land (long version)

I'm in the middle of the Pacific so you can't get me
Y quedo llorando, llorando, llorando, llorando por tu amor
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Maisey wrote:We've been here before :?

@Dark

I swear you've claimed that "sandstorm" is the best thing Von has come up with...

Do you still stand by this?
I don't think I claimed that, but I did claim that Sandstorm/Untitled/Ozymandias are some of the best tracks, but not necessarily THE best.
robertzombie wrote:Do you even like the sisters? :P
I preferred them when I didn't know anything about them, and I thought they were a goth band. Now I'm not so sure.
James Blast
Banned

@ Archie your choice is not true and I know that, you know that, we all know that.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Mr. Wah
Amphetamine Filth

Dark wrote: I did claim that Sandstorm/Untitled/Ozymandias are some of the best tracks, but not necessarily THE best.
They are "tracks" rather than "songs", indeed. Actually, I've only ever heard these once, on the Dominion CD single, and I recall being bored senseless (not a feeling I usually associate with the Sisters). Having said that, I'm now rather curious to revisit my opinion, but I can't locate them anywhere at the mo. :roll:
Mr. Wah
Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:@ Archie your choice is not true and I know that, you know that, we all know that.
I think her post can be classified under the heading of "sick jokes".
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Mr. Wah wrote:
Dark wrote: I did claim that Sandstorm/Untitled/Ozymandias are some of the best tracks, but not necessarily THE best.
They are "tracks" rather than "songs", indeed. Actually, I've only ever heard these once, on the Dominion CD single, and I recall being bored senseless (not a feeling I usually associate with the Sisters). Having said that, I'm now rather curious to revisit my opinion, but I can't locate them anywhere at the mo. :roll:
If you must get them, do so for completeness sake. I mean, I own them, and I'm glad I do, but they arn't sisters tracks really.

@Dark

I got the feeling you're an uber James Ray fan...more so than the girlies?
I'm just curious, not questioning "your right to be on a sisters forum". After all, I use heartland as an outlet for RS discussions as well :wink:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

untitled is the finest instrumental never to be played live. it is,after all, just the dominion sax-solo fucked around with.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Maisey wrote:@Dark

I got the feeling you're an uber James Ray fan...more so than the girlies?
I'm just curious, not questioning "your right to be on a sisters forum". After all, I use heartland as an outlet for RS discussions as well :wink:
I do listen to James Ray tracks more than I do Sisters ones.. not least because Mr Ray once said I could do whatever I liked to his songs. So I took that as license to sample them to build some new songs (most of which then continued to be built without the samples). He doesn't know this yet. ;)

I don't really come here for the Sisters once I realised how the band and some of its fanbase really are. I come because I like the vast majority of people here.
Rafster
Amphetamine Filth

Torch is a big, steaming pile of poo.

Don't really like Black Planet any more either.

Ain't got a problem with Posession
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I don't really come here for the Sisters once I realised how the band and some of its fanbase really are. I come because I like the vast majority of people here.
BURN THE HERETIC :evil:

Only kidding :wink: I think thats a fair enough attitude to have. :)

What was your pre-conception of the sisters that made you get into them?

And then, what was it that you found out about them that put you off?
Arch Deviant
Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:@ Archie your choice is not true and I know that, you know that, we all know that.
@ James of course I lnow that :lol: It must have been a typo. What I meant to write was BLOOD MONEY, that is my least favourite track.
Y quedo llorando, llorando, llorando, llorando por tu amor
Llamatron
Amphetamine Filth

I have no issue with Posession. I can't have an issue with that bass riff. 8)

I adore the album version of Ribbons, but it never seems to cut it live, at least for me. Though I like Adam's solo on the M'era Luna 2001 bootleg...

I always wondered- what's up with the acoustic guitar on live versions of Ribbons? It's a background layer on the album track. That riff deserves as much crunch and chunk as can be thrown behind it, at least in my humble metalhead opinion. :twisted:
Left at the dead badger.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Maisey wrote:What was your pre-conception of the sisters that made you get into them?

And then, what was it that you found out about them that put you off?
I thought they were a goth band, and they wrote their songs because they sounded good.

I don't want to go into what's put me off.
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

The song "someday everything you need is just gonna fall out of the sky"... was the worst ever... giving a word and not making it...the Von!
:lol:
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
Andy Christ 666
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Black Planet, I just can't get on with it.
Never Land (long version), a wee bit too long, much prefer the normal version. (Sorry Herr Blast.)
Dr Jeep, Sisters lite, just has a complete lack of testicles.
Ribbons, could take it or leave it, but now it always reminds me of that bloody 'I want it now' song or whatever it's called by Muse. :urff:
Do I Look Like A People Person?
Dr Poo
Amphetamine Filth

No Time To Sh!te
Fartland
Brown Planet
Laxative Logic
A Bog & A Hard Place
Flood Poo
This Constipation
Will I Sh!t?
Still (on the bog mix)
Crap & Burn

:wink:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

bury me deep
NTtC
walk away
detonation blvd.
WYDSM
still
will i dream? (to simple)

and about the general. i heard an opinion 'bout siss music that all their tracks are the same, to be more precise, that any siss songs has his own copy (a music) in other album. i makes my wonder and i get into point that in some way it's true, but only when we take flodland and vision thing as an items of investigation. some kind of music code, patern anderw used in VT the same as in Floodland, in the other hand it's natural that you tryin' to use a good formula when it works, but ...
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

definetely DrJeep. don't know why but i hate the song. I hate it when combined with detonation blvd. I want train back :twisted:
MUSICA È