Most 'nondescript' Sisters song?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Well, we had'em all... best Sissies song, worst Sissies song...

And I was thinking just yesterday... Well, there's a lot of controversy about YCBTO, for example, and I thought: "what other songs am I overlooking that are not that good?"

And I stumbled upon "I was Wrong"...

I had almost completely forgotten about that song. Maybe because I don't play Vision Thing much, but... well... it is just there, but I will never think about it when one asks me 'Name a Sisters song!'.

I almost forgot the Sissies ever made it...

I actually played it yesterday, but heck, I knew there was some acoustic guitar in it, and that was all :oops: it's not a bad song an sich, but I tend to forget its existance easily.

Are there others of these nondescript, rather dull, vinyl/cd-fillers? The songs you go "ah, yes, they made THAT one as well, almost forgot..."

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Are you mad?

One of Eldritch's finest lines: "I can love my fellow man / but I'm damned if I'll love yours".
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
culprit
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

'Pain looks great on other people...
That's what they're for...'

sublime...!
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
streamline
Slight Overbomber

I Was Wrong..... bitter, twisted and soulful.
One of the better examples of :von: showing us his nasty and vindictive side. :notworthy:

The word "filler" cannot apply!

I don't think there are any songs that don't fit in (or pad out) the albums.
Especially if you remember that Torch and Colours are extra "bonus tracks".

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

torch
body & soul
a rock & a hard place
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
mik
Chameleons Guru

markfiend wrote:Are you mad?

One of Eldritch's finest lines: "I can love my fellow man / but I'm damned if I'll love yours".
Great line; crap song.

Finest Moment: Either Fix or Heartland
Best Forgotten: YCBTO tied with Dr Jeep (which just grates on me I'm afraid..... )
Something pithy.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Sorry to be at odds again, but i was wrong is not 'nasty and vindictive' in the least, nor is it bitter or twisted.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

7" dr jeep = pants. an utter non-event. it starts, it goes on a foir a couple of minutes, it ends. nowt of note happens in between.

12" dr jeep = guitar-swirling, bass throbbing, panzer-chugging marvellousness ;D

and whilst calling "more" "nondescript" would not really be fair, it is arse.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
mh
Above the Chemist

Will I Dream is a bit of a "nothing" song for me. It fails to grab me by the balls and make me sit up and listen, total Sisters by numbers, the kinda thing that Von should be able to do in his sleep by now.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Aye. My vote for Will I Dream? too.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Arch Deviant
Amphetamine Filth

A little difficult to describe really, can't even remember the title of it.
Y quedo llorando, llorando, llorando, llorando por tu amor
_emma_
Overbomber

itnAklipse wrote:Sorry to be at odds again, but i was wrong is not 'nasty and vindictive' in the least, nor is it bitter or twisted.
Funny thing - on occasion when you are absulotely 100% right, you start with "sorry to be at odds again". :D :wink:

And a word from me to our dear QB:
Torch is one of the most beautiful songs ever made. So is body&soul (which should have been combined with confide in me the way comf. numb/SKOS were). A rock & a hard place is pure electrical sex, and so is dr jeep regardless of its length. :P

That is my opinion, thank you for listening.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Quiff Boy wrote:panzer-chugging

I Like That :lol:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
streamline
Slight Overbomber

itnAklipse wrote:Sorry to be at odds again, but i was wrong is not 'nasty and vindictive' in the least, nor is it bitter or twisted.
No apology necessary!
I can hear it 2 ways, depending on my mood. If I am grumpy perhaps my moody sarcasm adds a meaning that isn't there? No matter, it is still a great song.
I don't have the vocabulary to explain what I meant any better than that! :roll: :lol:

Llamatron
Amphetamine Filth

I agree with Will I Dream? being total Sisters-by-numbers. Of the new tracks, I'm not a huge fan of Suzanne either.

I like I Was Wrong.
Left at the dead badger.
streamline
Slight Overbomber

I forgot to say that Will I Dream? is pants.

"Sisters by numbers" - yup, spot on.

wild bill buttock
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I don't think its fair to include "new" Sisters tunes as none of them have actually been properly recorded and ,given the right production, could all well be masterpieces(somehow I doubt it though).
I really love "Torch" and have done since I first heard it on the b-side of the "This corrosion" single.
"I was wrong" is the about the only worthwhile track on a Nondescript album.I gave VT a listen a couple of weeks ago after not going anywhere near it for years.Never got past "Ribbons" I'm afraid,Crap album,crap vocals,crap production.It is not worthy of The sisters of mercy name.
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
Izzy HaveMercy

mh wrote:Will I Dream is a bit of a "nothing" song for me. It fails to grab me by the balls and make me sit up and listen, total Sisters by numbers, the kinda thing that Von should be able to do in his sleep by now.
That one as well for me.

Maybe it was a bit badly formulated... but 'I was wrong' ain't a bad song in MY book, it's just that when I think about the Sissies it is not a song that will pop in my mind easily.

I had the same with 'Possession' in the beginning, tho now it's somewhere in the middle of the pop-into-mindedness.

Another one is 'Driven Like The Snow'. It is a beautiful song, but for some reasons, I rarely play it when making a 'Best of Sissies' MP3 list, for example.

IZ.
Izzy HaveMercy

wild bill buttock wrote:I don't think its fair to include "new" Sisters tunes as none of them have actually been properly recorded and ,given the right production, could all well be masterpieces(somehow I doubt it though).
I really love "Torch" and have done since I first heard it on the b-side of the "This corrosion" single.
"I was wrong" is the about the only worthwhile track on a Nondescript album.I gave VT a listen a couple of weeks ago after not going anywhere near it for years.Never got past "Ribbons" I'm afraid,Crap album,crap vocals,crap production.It is not worthy of The sisters of mercy name.
Totally with you on the production issues of VT there.

I really like a lot of songs on there, especially Ribbons. We had that discussion somewhere else ;)

But VT sucks and pumps like a bellows in warp-speed. No dynamic range whatsoever. Compressed to pieces. Sucks donkey-balls.

IZ.
mh
Above the Chemist

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:I had the same with 'Possession' in the beginning, tho now it's somewhere in the middle of the pop-into-mindedness.
I felt the same way too, but then I got to hear a few of the live takes on it, and they really show the song in a different light. Based on those alone, I now find it one of the strongest FALAA tracks.

Hmmmm... speaking of which: "Amphetamine Logic" as a gimmicky shock tactic that loses it's novelty value real fast, anyone?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
scotty
Overbomber

wild bill buttock wrote:I gave VT a listen a couple of weeks ago......Crap album,crap vocals,crap production.It is not worthy of The sisters of mercy name.
8) that's a pint I'm due you :notworthy:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Yay! I like odds and if be I'll join you...

...in Paris on the tour, was it last year? :lol: when :von: stole the stage with "I was wrong" it sent shivers up my spine and caused tears to my eyes. At that moment that song was :von: at his most emotional stance I have ever seen. :von:

Listening to it now as a recorded version I understand the views as an okay song but *yawn*, although I felt that emotion whatever it may have been and that evening in that crowd it was f**king awesome! :notworthy:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

MadameButterfly wrote:
...in Paris on the tour, was it last year? :lol: when :von: stole the stage with "I was wrong" it sent shivers up my spine and caused tears to my eyes. At that moment that song was :von: at his most emotional stance I have ever seen. :von:
A moment of the concert I won't ever forget! :notworthy:
Time stood still...
"as we walk on the floodland"
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Ozpat wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:
Time stood still...
And so many HL'ers felt that! :wink: 8)
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

MadameButterfly wrote:
Ozpat wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:
Time stood still...
And so many HL'ers felt that! :wink: 8)
Aye and we can add Ben Christo to the list.
"as we walk on the floodland"