Which Ann Rice Vampire are You?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Serendipityhaven
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

umm,i'm "David",too.i'm only gay when in feel like it,and masqurade as a man when i'm bored. :D
You know you're something special,
And you look like you're the best

Serendipityhaven wrote:umm,i'm "David",too.i'm only gay when in feel like it,and masqurade as a man when i'm bored. :D
Welcome to the club, bebe. :wink: :P
Serendipityhaven

:lol: 8) :D :wink:
You know you're something special,
And you look like you're the best
sideshowjack
Road Kill

Armand, wasnt that banderas blokey him in the film? sorry its been a while.
no i didnt hang the effin monkey
Big Si
School Bully

sideshowjack wrote:Armand, wasnt that banderas blokey him in the film? sorry its been a while.
Indeed he was

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Yummy Armand pics Big Si!!! :wink:
Debaser
Overbomber

Black Dahlia wrote:OoH I'm Lestat - " Sexy, androgynous and tortured (well they got that right :lol: ) The devil himself wanted you to do his bidding. Youre the James bond of vampires , dont play by the rules and probably never will"
SNAP

I'm sure you'll look better in tights and a leather jerkin though
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
karin

Lestat
Zwei bier bitte.....
Carrie
Amphetamine Filth

Marius, apparently. Hello Val
Queen of the mean!

So am I right in thinking that Serendipity and I are the dorks of the vampire world?

I've never actually read the vampire chronicles (I intentionally circumvented them by starting with The Mummy and Violin, althought I did read Pandora and then just got bored), so I've not run into David as he isn't in the movie--the Tom Cruise movie, that is.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

David started out in the Talamasca the society that watches the vamps, if my memory serves me. I can't remember who made him a vampire..maybe lestat?

He's a very boring character...Sorry.

Armand, Lestat and Vittorio are my fav of her vamps.
Carrie
Amphetamine Filth

David was the elderly head of the Talamasca, then - at the end of 'Tale of the Body Thief' - he ends up in the young mortal body just vacated by Lestat (who's spent most of the book trying to get his vampire body back, after entering into an ill-advised body swap with a mortal conman...the eponymous body thief).

Whereupon Lestat promptly & forcibly turns the newly-youthful David into a vampire. & if that all sounds a wee bit silly & far-fetched...that's because it is.

But really CorpPunk...all you need to know about Anne Rice is that the original novel was brilliant, The Vampire Lestat was OK & the rest are just Virginia Andrews for goths of the role-playing/poncing about in velvet capes/writing execrable poetry type persuasion, bless their hearts. :twisted:

I'd go for Poppy Z Brite instead...now there's a girl who REALLY does homoerotic gorefests with style! :lol:
Queen of the mean!

Thanks Carrie. Well, at least he's gay...that's kinda interesting (?).

I tried not to read the first novel cos it and the other vampire books had been so hyped--so I read everything else, and finally, after about four books, I tired of reading basically the same story over and over and banned Rice from my Amazon account. It's as if she's got her novel in a mail-merge program, and just plugs in different names, and, occasionally, places and presto! a new novel. I am not impressed.

I discovered Poppy a coupla years ago--I read Lost Souls and was struck by both her sophisticated style and her juvenile themes (of course, she was but a young'un at the time). And her new agent is mean. Mean, I tell you!