Saudades...

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Nada
Road Kill

There's no word in another languages to translate "saudades" from Portuguese (as a noun, not a verb...)

This is what I feel when I remember today's been a year since São Paulo's gig...

Sorry for venting feelings.. coudn't avoid it, though.
"For want of a rider the battle was lost."
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

James Blast
Banned

from Wikipedia
"Saudade (pron. IPA [sɐu'ðað(ɨ)] in European Portuguese, [saw'ðaðe] in Galician, and [sau'dadʒi] or [sau'daði] in Brazilian Portuguese) is a Portuguese word for a feeling of longing for something that one is fond of, which is gone, but might return in a distant future. It often carries a fatalist tone and a repressed knowledge that the object of longing might really never return".

look forward to better, if different times :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Wow, that's beautiful. I know it all too well...
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Nostalgia is probably the closest equivalent in English?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Blimey, was just listening to the cd of the show last night - not the greatest recording, but the crowd going bonkers throughout the set is pretty remarkable, certainly in comparison to the occasional polite clap on most other shows.

It may have been a long time coming Nada ,and it may never come again, but I guess it was one of the best to have been at. Nice one. :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Guedzilla
Amphetamine Filth
Location: At the place where the bars never close (not that soon, at least)

markfiend wrote:Nostalgia is probably the closest equivalent in English?

Something between that and missing someone/where/what. Me thinks.
Introducing....Gothzilla?!?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

starting to feel like that about sheff utd getting back into the premiership... :lol:

at 11am we announced that bryan robson was the new manager, and at 11.05 william hill changed our odds on getting back into the premiership from 12/1 to 14/1 :urff: :roll:

great :|

sorry for the OT post :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Sorry QB but... Image
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell