Whats your nationality?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Straw poll time:

With 287 members, are we the united nations? Are we a microcosm of global harmony etc etc?

Moi? European! :notworthy:

Ok, Brit. :eek:

Ok, Nurthen Eyeland (but that's another story for another time somewhere beyond the black horizon). :wink:

Well?
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Jim
Slight Overbomber

I'm another Brit.

Geordie anyway, which is close enough.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
karin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Predominantely half english , half Swedish with sub divisions of french, German, Belgian and Irish. I feel a bit of a klutz for not speaking Swedish but that's another story :)
Zwei bier bitte.....
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Belgium :)
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
Loki

karin wrote:sub divisions
??

Sounds painful. :eek: :wink:
pikkrong
Overbomber

Estonian.
and European.
well, there are Russians and Germans among my ancestors but my first language is Estonian. and the cultural context. (to be true, I'm also an Anglophile but it's another story :innocent: )
karin

Johnny Boy wrote:
karin wrote:sub divisions
??

Sounds painful. :eek: :wink:
oh I live with it :lol:
Zwei bier bitte.....
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

As Springsteen says,

Born in the USA.

But I am of Irish extraction, Roscommon County.
Big Si
School Bully

I'm a European, Glaswegian, of North Yorkshire extraction. 8)

But I would very much like to see more friends from eastern europe on the list! :notworthy:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
hallucienate
Overbomber

South African, one German father, one Dutch mother. Got German and SA passports.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Johnny Boy wrote:

Ok, Nurthen Eyeland (but that's another story for another time somewhere beyond the black horizon). :wink:
What part of NI Johnny? I lived there for nearly 4 years and loved every min of it :notworthy: :notworthy:
Went to College in Limavady, lived in Londonderry/Derry/Whatever :lol:
Me-Brit of the Northern kind!!!!
Only a paand.
Loki

Sexygoth wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:

What part of NI Johnny? I lived there for nearly 4 years and loved every min of it :notworthy: :notworthy:
Went to College in Limavady, lived in Londonderry/Derry/Whatever :lol:
Me-Brit of the Northern kind!!!!
Born 2 Emerson Street, Waterside, Londonderry. Left when I was 12 as pappy joined the RAF. Did the Hong Kong/Singapore/Penang/Germany thing (groovy) interspersed with periods at various East Anglian dumps full of big shiney with wings and bombs. Still have family there. Good to meet a kindred spirit. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Cool....I lived on Spencer Rd, Waterside....Right next to the unicorn pub and I hold them entirley responsible for my vast glass collection!!!! lol
Only a paand.
elguiri

Geordie.........but livin in spain..( the other halfs Spanish ).......
"Very Elderly Bastard Groovy"
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

I'm British - born just around the corner from the Hammersmith Odeon although I've never set foot in the place! :?
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Dutch - living in Belfast.
Limavady - that's nearly Scotland.
And its Stroke City, daaahling.

8)
Nightspawn
Road Kill

Im Norwegian :wink:,

and thats about it ;D!
Last edited by Nightspawn on 12 Aug 2003, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

English man living on the sensible part of the continent.
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Lessee... My mother's background is Danish, French Canadian, and good ol' Yankee stock (i.e., British descent, hailing from New England). My biological father (Mom's 1st husband) was born in Latvia and moved here with his mother when he was approx. 5 years old.

My dad (Mom's 2nd husband, and the only father I've ever known) is pure English, hailing from Warwick in the Midlands. Hence, my 2 younger brothers are half English, the bastards. Unfair!!! But I'm a dedicated Anglophile, so that makes me a tad British, right? Heehee! :wink: :roll: ;D :kiss: :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
nearmethexperience
Sarky Git

from the better side of the tyne river ;) ;) ;)

yup, a geordie, cut me and i bleed black & white.

i was born at the princess mary hospital, right next to the hoppings field (for those of you old enough to remember what that means ;))

half irish decent, the other half being in the north from the time of the vikings (or so they say ;););))

currently living on the costa del sol (fuengirola, between malaga and marbella, great place to live).

in 15 hours time i'm boarding a jet plane with a couple of cases and starting a new life in america :D :D :D
++++ All those of you who have tears, prepare to shed them now... ++++

American, of northern European descent (hence my blonde hair and blue eyes--set me adrift in Germany and if I don't speak no one's the wiser).
Loki

SINsister wrote:Lessee... My mother's background is Danish, French Canadian, and good ol' Yankee stock (i.e., British descent, hailing from New England). My biological father (Mom's 1st husband) was born in Latvia and moved here with his mother when he was approx. 5 years old.

My dad (Mom's 2nd husband, and the only father I've ever known) is pure English, hailing from Warwick in the Midlands. Hence, my 2 younger brothers are half English, the bastards. Unfair!!! But I'm a dedicated Anglophile, so that makes me a tad British, right? Heehee! :wink: :roll: ;D :kiss: :von:
The Nationality Committee will have to get back to regarding your national status ... :eek: :urff:
mh
Above the Chemist

Irish. But I ain't waiting for nuthin.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
rian
Slight Overbomber

Swedish. 100% Viking :twisted:
I think someone set my soul alight
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

hallucienate wrote:South African, one German father, one Dutch mother. Got German and SA passports.
Oh, great. that means if you ever come round to my gaff for a meal, I won't be able to crack any 'German' OR 'South African' jokes...

I'm English, never lived anywhere else (I've only ever LEFT the country once, for a week!), I've always lived near Manchester but never IN Manchester, and I have Welsh Ancestry.

No Welsh Jokes, please
Gazza for England manager