Any goths in New Zealand?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Elfeyth
Road Kill

I am idly wondering whether there are any goths and / or Sisters fans in New Zealand. It seems like a good place (especially as it is beautiful and you can ski there). 8)

Does anyone know whether goth and / or the Sisters would be known at all over there, or is the whole thing a bit too European what with NZ being right over the other side of the globe and having lots of other cultural influences?
LOVE the Sisters, love FISH x X x
Silver_Owl
The Don

We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

There are quite some Sisters fans in Australia, so I don't see why no in New Zealand... It's not that far away, is it?! :wink:
in dub we trust
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Here's another one:

And this looks like a New Zealand Goth forum...

Enjoy! ;)

and sorry for NOT being of ANY help at all... ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Goffs and/or Sisters fans is something completely diffirent... :innocent:
On holidays in Australia I once met an Aboriginal named Johnny Reid who liked my Sisters shirt and wanted to swap it for a FC Bayern München shirt... :lol:

I guess contacting some of the Australian based fans could help you out.
Good luck... 8)
"as we walk on the floodland"
ormfdmrush
Slight Overbomber

be aware of G-word :lol:
SomeKindOfStranger
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

bit warm for goths isnt it?
cant imagine them prancing about in leather trenchcoats or black velvet.
Silver_Owl
The Don

SomeKindOfStranger wrote:bit warm for goths isnt it?
I take it you haven't been to NZ then? :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
ormfdmrush
Slight Overbomber

mm... i think New Zelaland is still OK for those G people
and Africa is really too hot and black for them :lol:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

I "knew" several NZ g*ths on IRC years ago...very nice folks from Wellington...
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
scotty
Overbomber

I'm sure there are Fuckin' Goffs in New Zealand...................the wee bastards get everywhere :evil: :twisted:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Here's another one:

:D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Although I'm sure she was last seen pushing a pram round Headingley, Leeds. They all end up here eventually. :von: :lol: :notworthy:
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Ozpat wrote:On holidays in Australia I once met an Aboriginal named Johnny Reid who liked my Sisters shirt and wanted to swap it for a FC Bayern München shirt... :lol:
Well, did you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
scotty wrote:I'm sure there are Fuckin' Goffs in New Zealand...................the wee bastards get everywhere :evil: :twisted:
My thoughts exactly :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

SomeKindOfStranger wrote:bit warm for goths isnt it?
cant imagine them prancing about in leather trenchcoats or black velvet.
Sadly no... beware the leather trouser even in the hot climate! :urff:

If you are looking for goth-places, there are plenty in NZ and here. I haven't been over there for a while, but when last I was there, there were a number of good clubs (NO not all goth, but all the more alternative places were sort of lumped together). Christchurch is the business for second hand music, arty stuff, books and market-type-things. Auckland has the big stuff and Wellington is pretty groovy and quite arty too.

Sorry, not much help I know... It's been a while. It is a cracking place to visit - skiiing, shopping etc all good. Very friendly people.
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

eldorado69
Road Kill

As this is a Goth thread can it be refered to as a G-string - which is essentially, PANTS. :lol:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

That was quite a stretch there... ;P
eldorado69
Road Kill

do you mean elsticated?
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Heehee. Icky. Stretchy g-strings, I take it?
Elfeyth
Road Kill

eldorado69 wrote:As this is a Goth thread can it be refered to as a G-string - which is essentially, PANTS. :lol:
There's quite a lot of difference between a g-string and (large, possibly even floral) pants. :wink:
Elfeyth
Road Kill

splintered thing wrote:

If you are looking for goth-places, there are plenty in NZ and here. I haven't been over there for a while, but when last I was there, there were a number of good clubs (NO not all goth, but all the more alternative places were sort of lumped together). Christchurch is the business for second hand music, arty stuff, books and market-type-things. Auckland has the big stuff and Wellington is pretty groovy and quite arty too.

Sorry, not much help I know... It's been a while. It is a cracking place to visit - skiiing, shopping etc all good. Very friendly people.
Thanks for the useful info. :D :notworthy:

Also, Izzy what's that about being no help? You should see my new weekend hairdo ...

*goes off to think about NZ some more*
HFE
Road Kill

I would suggest that Goths in the South Island of NZ are a rather rare breed, that said I see a few of them around. I would suggest you may find a few more Expat sisters fans like myself. although I never called myself a goth...I never like the term and preferrred the term alternative music rather than gothic.

Good skiing , yes, goth niteclubs no.. lord of the rings scenery, who could ask for more.

Regards

H
robertzombie
Overbomber

Elfeyth wrote:I am idly wondering whether there are any goths and / or Sisters fans in New Zealand. It seems like a good place (especially as it is beautiful and you can ski there). 8)

Does anyone know whether goth and / or the Sisters would be known at all over there, or is the whole thing a bit too European what with NZ being right over the other side of the globe and having lots of other cultural influences?
May I ask why you're interested in the ozzie goth scene?
Elfeyth
Road Kill

robertzombie wrote:
May I ask why you're interested in the ozzie goth scene?
Well, I'm always looking for somewhere to emigrate ...

I'd like to be able to ski in my home country as there is no snow here except for that weird sleety stuff once or twice a year.

Also, I want to live somewhere where there might be some likeminded people as I think it's important to be able to be yourself without sticking out like a sore thumb (I know this doesn't bother some people, but it bothers me!!) and have a sense of community.

There's been a thread recently that more people now live in cities than in rural areas and I'd like to get away from that a little bit and have a more chilled out, natural way of life if that makes sense. You can fall into a trap of being stressed out and materialistic very easily where I live - the main entertainment is shopping and sitting in traffic jams.

Plus, house prices are a lot cheaper over there!

This may just be idle wonderings, but you never know ... :D