Did anyone watch VH1 last night?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Best towns thingmy??

Leeds beat Sheffield (purely because of The Kaiser Chiefs though but), so that's a bonus. Sisters were mentioned (which was another bonus), Bratf'd beat Leeds (which was yet another bonus), but it was purely because of GGGGGGGarath GGGGGates (not at all a bonus in anyway shape or form).

Not sure if I agree with the way it was done really. It was done on record sales per town. So you had tiny little unheard of towns/villages with one big star and suddenly it's amongst the top ten of the best musical town of GB??

If it had been up to me (and we all know how important and that I am) I would have based it on the number of successful bands/artists to come out of one town. I suppose the results wouldn't have altered a great deal, but at least I wouldn't have had to have watched Lisa fecking Stansfield *shudder*.
Only a paand.
undertow
Amphetamine Filth

Mrs richeyjames wrote
If it had been up to me (and we all know how important and that I am) I would have based it on the number of successful bands/artists to come out of one town
In which case true harmony would have been restored and Sheffield would have assumed her rightful No1 position as soon as Joe Cocker got up this morning.

In short there would be no contest!
'I have reason to believe' he said, 'that one of you has been going out at night!'
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Please do not mention the name of Lisa Stansfield ever ever again.

I remember being in a pub in Rochdale toward the beginning of her "rise to fame" with a few mates:

Me: (very loud) Who's that ugly bird over there swanning around reckons she looks like Lisa Stansfield?

My mate: Er, Mark, it is Lisa Stansfield...

Mark and mates rapidly exit to avoid a kicking from La Stansfield's hangers on
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

markfiend wrote:Please do not mention the name of Lisa Stansfield ever ever again.

I remember being in a pub in Rochdale toward the beginning of her "rise to fame" with a few mates:

Me: (very loud) Who's that ugly bird over there swanning around reckons she looks like Lisa Stansfield?

My mate: Er, Mark, it is Lisa Stansfield...

Mark and mates rapidly exit to avoid a kicking from La Stansfield's hangers on
LMAO!! :notworthy:
Only a paand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

undertow wrote:Mrs richeyjames wrote
If it had been up to me (and we all know how important and that I am) I would have based it on the number of successful bands/artists to come out of one town
In which case true harmony would have been restored and Sheffield would have assumed her rightful No1 position as soon as Joe Cocker got up this morning.

UTTER TRIPE 8) :D
Only a paand.
undertow
Amphetamine Filth

Go on then! give me a list when you get a chance.
Bet my successful Sheffield band list, beats your successful Leeds Band List ......

And if I win that's a BIG bag of marbles you owe me.............

:lol:

Anyway, don't do it now cos I'm going to bed,

Night
'I have reason to believe' he said, 'that one of you has been going out at night!'
eldorado69
Road Kill

undertow wrote:In which case true harmony would have been restored and Sheffield would have assumed her rightful No1 position as soon as Joe Cocker got up this morning.

Is Joe Cocker Jarvis Cocker's dad?
It disturbs me no more to find men base, unjust, or selfish than to see apes mischievous, wolves savage, or the vulture ravenous