woop! woop! its the sound of the police...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

*yawn*

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6697809.stm

as if the world needs a return of the gang of upper-middle-class white men playing bland cod-reggae.

next to paul weller, sting has to be one of the dullest men in rock.

about as relevent as a 4-month old tuna sandwich.

regatta de wank. NEXT...!!
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
ryan
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I found a sting CD the other day. Quickly destroyed it, lest i gather the curiousity to listen to it. :urff:
Badlander
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote: next to paul weller, sting has to be one of the dullest men in rock.
At least Paul Weller has the decency not to be a superstar outside of the UK. :roll:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

If reports are to be believed, the Police tour is largely down to Trudi Styler (Mrs Sting) wanting to be kept in the manner to which she has become accustomed, and Sting's lute-playing wasn't entirely likely to accomplish that.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

Ahhh, Sting.

Born as a prat.
Lives as a prat.
Will probably die as a prat.

(wait for it...)

NEXT!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Quiff Boy wrote: regatta de wank
:lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy:
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Ramone

Ahhhh The Police. Three blokes who the entire world know hate each other are reuniting once more for our benefit. Bless 'em

Now, if you actually go and watch Da Poh-leece maaaan and close your eyes your going to hear Stinge's voice singing 'Roxxxxx-aannnnnnne you don't have to stick a message up a bottle cos I can't stand losing yooooooou" - you won't actually care whose hitting the drums or strumming the geetar.

But Ramone you scouse misery arse - that's THE POLICE up there, they helped forge the sound of the 1980's blah bah blah blah.

Bollocks, since the Police split up, Sting's been whoring out there 'hit singles' tour after tour in different guises without shame. So, it's not like they've actually been anywhere at all. Much like going to see the Sisters - or most bands were the 'voice' of the band is present. After a while you lose interest in what's going on either side of the singer.

If Aerosmith lost Steven Tyler and replaced him with some retard who sounded nothing like him but kept Whitford, Perry and the other two (Bert and Ernie) you'd notice that Tyler was missing ( no whooping and hollering and that oversized mouth) . But if Tyler turned up with four douche bags behind him and they rolled out all their hits you'd still smile and sing along ( Ok, maybe just me then) .

I've just looked up Sting on Wikipedia and there was a huge picture of a womans lower genital region - I'm not quite sure what there trying to imply ? :)
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

I used to quite like them, back in junior high... :P :lol: :roll: :innocent:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Quiff Boy wrote:*yawn*

as if the world needs a return of the gang of upper-middle-class white men playing bland cod-reggae.

You can't say Sting and Tuna in the same post!! Bad things will happen man!!!!1!!one!!
Only a paand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

sting, tuna AND cod :lol: ;D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Herrings, the lot of 'em.
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'
Elfeyth
Road Kill

Sting - So bland, so smug. Always hated the guy. :evil: He's strangely orange, so I'm going for smoked haddock.

Other pet hate - while I'm at it - The Stereophonics. So bland, so so bland ...
LOVE the Sisters, love FISH x X x
Big Si
School Bully

Quiff Boy wrote:*yawn*

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Yay! Somebody other than me who hates Paul Weller! :D

I think i'm the only person living in Glasgow who doesn't like "The Jam" :x
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

I kinda like the Police, in the same way that I like the Clash and Brian Adams anno "Summer of 69".

It's nice music to dance to and to singalong with.

Also, "Fields of Gold" gives me goosebumps all over. The guy might not be one of the World Wonders, but he's just a nice performer.

At least he tries to sing, something which cannot be said by, for example, mistah Lou Reed or mistah Van Morisson. The former seems to use a kind of Warhol-from-da-hood-street-rap, the latter just sings along with his phone dialtone.

Oh, and you could easily swap Steven Tyler with Mick Jagger any day. The wrinkles stay the same, and you could swear it's just Steven on a good hair day having a bad cold. ;D

Not to start some favoritism towards Sting or something, but there are worse wankers in Music-land.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

It's only pop music!

cack though.... :)
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
gudge
Road Kill

Ramone wrote: If Aerosmith lost Steven Tyler and replaced him with some retard who sounded nothing like him but kept Whitford, Perry and the other two (Bert and Ernie) you'd notice that Tyler was missing ( no whooping and hollering and that oversized mouth) . But if Tyler turned up with four douche bags behind him and they rolled out all their hits you'd still smile and sing along ( Ok, maybe just me then) .
The curse of Ramone or shall we call you LIV :lol:

From Digital Spy today-
Steven Tyler is on the brink of quitting Aerosmith, according to sources.

The singer is reportedly frustrated by the atmosphere within the group, with his personal relationship with the other band members currently at a low point.

A source has apparently spoken to the frontman's daughter Liv Tyler, and told the New York Post: "Her dad is going to announce he's leaving Aerosmith soon because he can't take how the rest of the band is treating him. She said they don't appreciate him."

Tyler's daughter has denied the claims completely however, with her representative stating: "Liv never said anything about her father leaving Aerosmith."
eldorado69
Road Kill

Don't think me unkind
Words are hard to find
The only cheques I've left unsigned
>From the banks of chaos in my mind
And when their eloquence escapes me
Their logic ties me up and rapes me

De do do do, de da da da
Is all I want to say to you
De do do do, de da da da
Their innocence will pull me through
De do do do, de da da da
Is all I want to say to you
De do do do, de da da da
They're meaningless and all that's true
It disturbs me no more to find men base, unjust, or selfish than to see apes mischievous, wolves savage, or the vulture ravenous
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

I quite liked 'em....
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
undertow
Amphetamine Filth

Have to say I like the first two albums and a few singles afterwards. I might even go and see them

1. Cos I WANT TO SEE Andy Summers rockin, out at 65 and messing with 65 effects pedals.
2. cOS I think Stewart Copeland is a great drummer

3. Cos I want to see them do Sychronicity II which must be one of the most bonkers songs ever

4 . I want to see if sting can do Roxanne in a very high voice

and

5. He might play his lute

I also am very keen at present on, Rhianna feat Jay Z, 'Umbrella' an extremely hard ditty.
'I have reason to believe' he said, 'that one of you has been going out at night!'
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

undertow wrote:3. Cos I want to see them do Sychronicity II which must be one of the most bonkers songs ever
I have to admit to liking that song!!
Only a paand.
Pista
Cureboi

The Police weren't always crap.
There are some blinding songs on the first 2 lps, but unfortunately, these were balanced with some real stinkers.
& by the time they got to Synchronicty, they could only cobble together 1 good song on the whole album.

Sting (solo) is a total tool & although he may be a good performer, so big haity deal.
You can be a good performer, but that is a complete waste if you are just going to perform sh!t (albeit well performed sh!t).
Can't stand the bloke really.
I remember documentary around the Zenyatta Mondatta era (great name huh :roll: ) & he already came across as a bit of a spanner.
Stuart Copeland, however, was great & he is a fcuking good drummer.

Still, I guess their bank managers finally said "enough's enough" & they need a little financial top up right?
I can't bear to think of the poor dears having to root through bins to survive, so I hope the tour offers them some small payback :innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
wild bill buttock

i quite liked The Police once.Then I found out they were a bunch of f**king old hippies jumping on the punk bandwagon.Wankers.
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away