marilyn manson

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

...because he's a d0rk from some trailer park in Florida, innit?
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Pista wrote:I wasn't surprised Dei, I was alarmed.
Big difference (IMO).

I was actually really hoping he was going to be some sort of evil incarnate & was relishing the diary of program.
But he wasn't. :urff:

I don't really want a regular geezer doing that kind of stuff. I want satan himself giving it large :wink:
If he is just a normal bloke, then imagine what hell could be let loose with a total nutcase :eek: :eek:

I think that is pretty alarming, don't you?
No - actually, I'm alarmed that you find this stuff alarming. "Evil incarnate?" LOL! He's not a sociopath/psychopath, unfortunately for him. Most folks are "regular geezers," sadly. Ol' Brian didn't name his band after 2 of America's most legendary (one famous, the other infamous) figures for nothing. He wants to be as memorable/notorious - I understand where he's coming from, but I probably wouldn't have chosen the shock-value route, myself (well, maybe that's why I'm still penniless and anonymous, eh? ;)).
James Blast
Banned

from Holy Moly
Marilyn Manson, 14 stones of lard (dappled with eyeliner and a whiff of regret) has seen fit to inform the world that he is so fond of his favourite leather trousers that he can wear them for six days running.

Presumably after this they walk themselves down to the dry cleaners and beg for absolution. The hateful almost-goth with his man-in-the-moon pallor seems almost proud about the fact that his arse gravy and bell-end detritus are left free to roam his mountainous gusset. Though occasionally, his dark, satanic nether regions do get a bit of an airing.

"Of course, you have to take them off for some things, like fornication, but then I just keep them round my ankles."

Christ. Form a queue, ladies, soon his vinegar-stinking genitals could be approaching a duvet near you soon, and leaving a brown slug-trail across those new Egyptian cotton sheets.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

:eek:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:urff:
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Point taken, Pista. A few years back i was also "surprised", or alarmed :) , when i saw him in some MTV doc in Japan and he was really acting like a regular joe. And i guess until that i had taken him semi-seriously.

That, and seeing a concert video where he was sucking up to school kids haha.

Mind you, i also think some of his songs are rather catchy, if not exactly inspired. But they do know how to write catchy ones, at least. It's aiming for the lowest common denominator and all that.
Then add some notorious loud sounds and bad words like 'sodomy' and there you have a guaranteed "counter-culture" success. It's a very simple formula by which he lives.

Reminds me of WASP, kinda :)

If he was really notorious, like, say, Burzum, or hell, even Skinny Puppy, MTV would be ignoring him just in the same way they are ignoring bands like Burzum and Skinny Puppy and all their likes. But he's there to deliver a message to the failures, unfortunately.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

I'm not ignoring Burzum :|

He made some fantastic music. He's a couple of cards short of a full deck, admittedly, but Filosofem for example is a stunning piece of art, IMO.

For the rest, he's just a cnut with too much time on his hands and too many matches to burn churches with :roll:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

I dunno. I suspect that I'm just jaded in my old age. Nothing in entertainment really shocks or impresses me, anymore. The (ever-reaching/ever-expanding) extent of human depravity, on the other hand, is chilling. Compared to the real Manson and his ilk, the goofy/d0rky Brian Warner from Florida is a pussycat.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I used to love Manson (still do really but I stopped enjoying the music after Mechanical Animals).

I really bought into the whole shock rock thing. Antichrist Superstar came out when I was 16 so I was perfect fodder I suppose. Saw them live that year at Leeds Town & Country club & its still my favourite (other than the Sisters) gig.

I'd strongly suggest reading his autobiography, The Long Hard Road Out Of Hell. Hilarious, harrowing & frankly worrying at times. Best autobiography I've read. 8)

Can't stand that new song though. :urff:
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
wild bill buttock
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

On the stregth of "Beautiful people" I went to see them/him/it on The antichrist superstar tour.Great theatre-p*ss poor mainstream heavy metal music.
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
smiscandlon
Overbomber

wild bill buttock wrote:On the stregth of "Beautiful people" I went to see them/him/it on The antichrist superstar tour.Great theatre-p*ss poor mainstream heavy metal music.
Yeah. I'm not really that familiar with his work, but from what I've seen / heard it seems to be pretty unremarkable rock music, 'shock' imagery aside.

Not bad, just nothing as original as his image would imply.
анархия