Safari

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
limur
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Hom_Corleone wrote:True. I suppose it is fair game. As you were. :innocent:

Sorry fellow Rams fan ;D
Thread seems far moe interesting now :D
...train, crashin' head long into the heartland...

Pushing Good Music #PGM www.livemusicreview.co.uk
Big Si
School Bully

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

It's also a fragrance by Ralph Lauren; I think my mom used to wear it back in the day...
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Quiff Boy wrote:(i actually use UNO for my mac so all apps have that nice light-metallic aqua skin :D)
Tell me! Free? Where to get? Sounds good 8)

Anyhoo, use Firefox too, plugins are the best thing ever invented! It does tend to crash every now and then though :urff:

For the Macmen, just had this in a newsletter: First impressions of Leopard (in German, but you get the point when looking at the piccies :lol:)

And Safari is a great song by Nacht und Nebel too, by the way 8)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Obviousman wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:(i actually use UNO for my mac so all apps have that nice light-metallic aqua skin :D)
Tell me! Free? Where to get? Sounds good 8)
yep, its free 8)

UNO - 1.5.1

lovely 8)

i temporarily uninstalled it a couple of weeks ago to remind myself what the original ui was like and tbh i really didnt like the mix of aqua, cocoa, dark metal, etc :roll:

i seen re-installed it :lol:

with uno all applications look like part of the same OS. its a nice, seemless gui integration :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

@ hal: blurry fonts - http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/200 ... ml?hi=joel
Joel Spolsky wrote:Apple and Microsoft have always disagreed in how to display fonts on computer displays. Today, both companies are using sub-pixel rendering to coax sharper-looking fonts out of typical low resolution screens. Where they differ is in philosophy.

- Apple generally believes that the goal of the algorithm should be to preserve the design of the typeface as much as possible, even at the cost of a little bit of blurriness.
- Microsoft generally believes that the shape of each letter should be hammered into pixel boundaries to prevent blur and improve readability, even at the cost of not being true to the typeface.

Now that Safari for Windows is available, which goes to great trouble to use Apple's rendering algorithms, you can actually compare the philosophies side-by-side on the very same monitor and see what I mean. I think you'll notice the difference. Apple's fonts are indeed fuzzy, with blurry edges, but at small font sizes, there seems to be much more variation between different font families, because their rendering is truer to what the font would look like if it were printed at high resolution.
etc

also, afaik its a setting in the pc version of safari to change the way it ant-aliases

i still prefer its approach to that of ie7 & vista though :urff:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Well, that's only to be expected; Apple is the designers' computer, whereas PCs are for illiterates :innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

markfiend wrote:Well, that's only to be expected; Apple is the designers' computer, whereas PCs are for illiterates :innocent:
Revr'nd Image
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Heeheehee! ;D
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
scotty
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Well, that's only to be expected; Apple is the designers' computer, whereas PCs are for illiterates :innocent:
Ililtretes.....Ililtretes.....waht do you maen Ililtretes?
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Carpathian Psychonaut
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I've had a good look through the thread and I can't find any animals anywhere.

I want a refund :?
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
James Blast
Banned

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:I want a refund
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Carpathian Psychonaut
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Now that's what I call service. Good stuff.

;D
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Quiff Boy wrote: UNO - 1.5.1
Thanks for that boss, me likey.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell