question time: who'll be deputy dog

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Question Time and Coast are without doubt my favourite programmes on telly and last night's was great :notworthy: :notworthy:

with poor old Blair already forgotten and Boring GB in the wings awaiting his cue, who should get second place and does it even matter? Any thoughts?

Alan, I never said that, Johnson,
Harriet, in it to win it, Harman,
Hilary, lets not go there, Benn
Hazel, one of the lads, Blears,
Peter, nobody love me, everybody hates me, Hain, or
Jon, in it for the people, Cruddas
Goths have feelings too
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hilary Benn for my money. A politician that actually cares about principles might seem a little old-fashioned these days, but what the heck.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
boudicca
Sister Midnight

markfiend wrote:Hilary Benn for my money. A politician that actually cares about principles might seem a little old-fashioned these days, but what the heck.
I'd agree. Definitely NOT Hazel Blears, she reminds me of Patricia Hewitt and that is not a good thing :urff:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

gawd yeah, hazel is horrible :urff:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Carpathian Psychonaut
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

You can't beat a bit of Question Time, 'tis true. That, and This Week that follows it, are regulars for me.

TW has an odd mix of being a little bit scurrilous but still getting to the heart of some good politics news at the same time.

Deputy? I think ol' Punchy has proved that it really doesn't matter who does that. It should matter but really hasn't through the last few terms such that you'd notice.
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:You can't beat a bit of Question Time, 'tis true. That, and This Week that follows it, are regulars for me
:lol: Yeah, that's a guilty pleasure for me, I almost rub my hands in glee when I hear the Q-time theme tune, means a good telly night is on the way. I could hurl a brick at the telly every time Andrew Neil accuses his entire audience of being nacroleptic alcoholics though.
Carpathian Psychonaut

boudicca wrote:I could hurl a brick at the telly every time Andrew Neil accuses his entire audience of being nacroleptic alcoholics though.
Fair point - it's probably only about 40% to be fair ;D
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:
boudicca wrote:I could hurl a brick at the telly every time Andrew Neil accuses his entire audience of being nacroleptic alcoholics though.
That's probably a conservative estimate, and I may or may not be watching it with a pint glass of Bailey's in one hand :innocent: ... it's just having his smug face grinning out at me that gets me wanting to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon :eek:
Carpathian Psychonaut

boudicca wrote:
Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:
That's probably a conservative estimate, and I may or may not be watching it with a pint glass of Bailey's in one hand :innocent: ... it's just having his smug face grinning out at me that gets me wanting to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon :eek:
I actually watch it for the Abbott and Portillo double act....not a phrase that I thought I'd ever utter :lol:

By all accounts they've known each other for many years and even acted opposite each other in Macbeth (!) Saw them referred to as the "Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepherd of political broadcasting" and I don't think it's that far of the mark ;D