A quote from That Guitarist about TSOM

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

TAK: The Hideous New Girl wrote: but Sisters weren't and wouldn't be out of place on a bill with the likes of Johnny Rotten, The Stooges, Suicide, Ministry. Post-rock - I wish I could say the same for the mish?
The Sisters of the last few years don't deserve to be in the same country as those bands, let alone on the same stage. Especially the Stooges.

Sad but true.
Love ? Love is just f**king with a kiss thrown in !!!
smiscandlon
Overbomber

biggy wrote:
TAK: The Hideous New Girl wrote: but Sisters weren't and wouldn't be out of place on a bill with the likes of Johnny Rotten, The Stooges ...
The Sisters of the last few years don't deserve to be in the same country as those bands, let alone on the same stage. Especially the Stooges.
I think she actually meant the Three Stooges.
анархия
biggy

smiscandlon wrote:
biggy wrote:
TAK: The Hideous New Girl wrote: but Sisters weren't and wouldn't be out of place on a bill with the likes of Johnny Rotten, The Stooges ...
I think she actually meant the Three Stooges.

;D haha... in that case they certainly belong on the same stage.
Love ? Love is just f**king with a kiss thrown in !!!
TAK: The Hideous New Girl
Road Kill

LOL. Like it.

Saw the Sissies last on the Smoke and Mirrors tour. There was a moment where the guitars were doing this noodling overly clever riff and I am thinking to myself 'wot the hell is this?' Took me a minute or two to realize that it was supposed to be FALAA...
Tidal
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Had that in Zottegem as well.. took me 18 seconds or something to realise the "Alice" I was hearing was in fact FALAA... :oops: I'm much faster than that..
It's good to be back
mh
Above the Chemist

Similar Doktor intro. :D

I'm gonna stick me neck out and say that the current incarnation of the band is actually quite good. There seems to be a magical ingredient, a spark, that was missing for a long long time, but now is back. They look like a gang (as all bands should), and the 2 new (or not really so new anymore) blokes add a much needed jolt of energy and enthusiasm.

Here's hoping that it'll result in something more than smaller gigs every year. :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Elise
Road Kill

I'm with you there mh.
And I think 'actually quite good ' is still an understatement...
allfear

wayne just does it to wind people up on internet message baords :)