New Blood

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
TAK: The Hideous New Girl
Road Kill

Two / Three New Bands. I could and do rave about these all day.

For fans of swirly guitars, drum machines and big bass lines: The Mekano Set (they even have a skinny boy in dark glasses!). Their singer is a foxy lady. They say they are into Curve and Kate Bush but there's some obvious Sissy influence going on there. Spiteful sexy. The boy with the shades also does songs that sound like Sisters / Joy Division and are mmmm... delish.

Samelyish, which is a word I have just invented specially for the occasion, Jack Cooper is a lovely, deep-voiced croony skinny pale boy who does dark and funny stories about incest and mobile phones over a deliciously cheap drum machine with a lamp shade and a beautiful fringe. Yes, lampshade. He also plays in The Guillotines but I haven't heard any of their stuff yet.

The Flesh Happening are ridiculous and brilliant. Their sound owes a lot to early Joy Division. Their singer is a lanky gay Bauhaus / Bowie fetishy lunatic poet who can't seem to keep his clothes on. He likes rubber, and corset. Who doesn't? Brilliant. Songs about rent boys and diseases and chemical abuse and tragic musings.

P.S. I am not obsessed with skinny white boys.

http://www.myspace.com/mekanoset

http://www.myspace.com/thefleshhappening

http://www.myspace.com/mrjackcooper

:von:
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

By sheer coincidence The Flesh Happening are friends of a work colleague of mine and played at his wedding yesterday.
Road Kill

Ho ho ho. Brilliant. Can't imagine wot that must have been like??!!!
I'm a Tomboy. No I'm not, I'm a JaneGirl.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Hmm, this is weird. i actually liked how the Mekano Set sounded.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
mh
Above the Chemist

itnAklipse wrote:Hmm, this is weird. i actually liked how the Mekano Set sounded.
That's twice in two days.

Are you feeling well? :lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Milk from The Mekano Set has been a sort of online pal of mine for awhile, now. He's a very smart and lovely boy. ;D
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Road Kill

Their myspace stuff doesn't do them justice really. It's all juicy stuff oh yes. I know The Flesh seem a bit raw but they're tip top live indeedy. It's not often I find new bands that do anything for me at all. So much stuff out there, so much crap. Milk is a mystery to me. Tortured artist? Workaholic? Closet Goth? You gotta love em either way.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

TAK: The Hideous New Girl wrote:Milk is a mystery to me. Tortured artist? Workaholic? Closet Goth?
You forgot, "cute as f*ck." :P :twisted: ;)
smiscandlon
Overbomber

TAK: The Hideous New Girl wrote:tip top live indeedy
Great description. :lol: :notworthy:
анархия
Road Kill

So The Flesh have played at a wedding, and I notice that The Mekanos have got a gig in a Church. 'Weddings, funerals, christian-ings...' ho ho.
I'm a Tomboy. No I'm not, I'm a JaneGirl.
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

TAK: The Hideous New Girl wrote:Two / Three New Bands. I could and do rave about these all day.

For fans of swirly guitars, drum machines and big bass lines: The Mekano Set (they even have a skinny boy in dark glasses!). Their singer is a foxy lady. They say they are into Curve and Kate Bush but there's some obvious Sissy influence going on there. Spiteful sexy. The boy with the shades also does songs that sound like Sisters / Joy Division and are mmmm... delish.

Samelyish, which is a word I have just invented specially for the occasion, Jack Cooper is a lovely, deep-voiced croony skinny pale boy who does dark and funny stories about incest and mobile phones over a deliciously cheap drum machine with a lamp shade and a beautiful fringe. Yes, lampshade. He also plays in The Guillotines but I haven't heard any of their stuff yet.

The Flesh Happening are ridiculous and brilliant. Their sound owes a lot to early Joy Division. Their singer is a lanky gay Bauhaus / Bowie fetishy lunatic poet who can't seem to keep his clothes on. He likes rubber, and corset. Who doesn't? Brilliant. Songs about rent boys and diseases and chemical abuse and tragic musings.

P.S. I am not obsessed with skinny white boys.

http://www.myspace.com/mekanoset

http://www.myspace.com/thefleshhappening

http://www.myspace.com/mrjackcooper

:von:
thanks for the tip the mekano set are certainly delish.
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

*Geezhus, are they this pop? :(

i just liked the way the singer looked :evil:
Road Kill

itnAklipse wrote:*Geezhus, are they this pop? :(

i just liked the way the singer looked :evil:
I thinks she sounds as good as she looks. And I found them first, so there. :twisted:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

...as long as I get to keep Milky boy to myself, though. Hands off - he's mine. :twisted: :P ;) :lol:
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

TAK: The Hideous New Girl wrote: I thinks she sounds as good as she looks.
True dat!
Road Kill

SINsister wrote:...as long as I get to keep Milky boy to myself, though. Hands off - he's mine. :twisted: :P ;) :lol:
Understood! :wink: