NMA LAPTOP WITH ALL NMA'S MUSIC SAMPLES & PROMO STOLEN!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Is Leeds a dangerous city ? ;)
Well that's more than i big pity for the band ...

NEW MODEL ARMY - LAPTOP WITH ALL NMA'S MUSIC SAMPLES & PROMO VIDEO FOOTAGE STOLEN!

On Monday 23rd July a black MITAC 8258D 15" laptop was stolen from the home of New Model Army keyboard genius and computer wizard Dean White, in the Hyde Park area of Leeds. This computer contains all the music samples used by the legendary underground cult band onstage and also, footage shot by White intended for their forthcoming fly-on-the-wall making-of-the-new-album 'High' documentary. The laptop is noticeable for having the firewire port on the front of the machine as it's customised to use onstage.

NMA start a major 70 gig world tour in Brazil on August 7th, moving into the USA & eventually, Europe. In our area, they play Leeds Met on Saturday 17th November. Therefore - WE NEED THIS LAPTOP BACK!!!! A reward will be given for its safe return. To whoever took it: don't freak, just return the machine anonymously, we are only interested in getting it back safely as soon as possible - contact us via joolz@joolz.net, if that's easiest for you.

MEDIA FOLK: PLEASE HELP. If you can run this as a piece, OR KNOW SOMEONE ELSE WHO WILL, please run it or forward it along - this little machine is of no real value to anyone but us - BUT WE REALLY NEED IT!

Many thanks

Joolz (on behalf of NMA)

joolz@joolz.net
www.myspace.com/joolz_denby
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

:eek:

Hope they get it back!
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Pista
Cureboi

I hope they don't.

Sorry to be a little contraversial, but I always found NMA to be a little bit .....crap.
Sorry, but I guess that's just me. :|
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Nic
Slight Overbomber

Yep. :roll: :evil: :wink:
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
Pista
Cureboi

Thought so.
I'll shut up then :oops:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

They'll be on your front doorstep between August and Chritmas, why not tell them in person?

:twisted:
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Thea
Overbomber

T'army rock. End of!

*Stomps away in clogs*
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

I'm ambivalent to their musical capabilities or lack of, but I sure hope they get that laptop back. B@stards, whichever lowlives nicked it.
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Exactly. :(
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Carpathian Psychonaut

I never went mad over them as a whole but I have to say that "Thunder & Consolation" still gets many a spin at chez Carpathian.

Cracking album, that, without a doubt......
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
Nic
Slight Overbomber

Very much seconded. :D :notworthy:
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
pikkrong
Overbomber

F***ing s**t news :evil: :evil: :evil:
Hope they will get the laptop back.

PS NMA - one of the best bands I know and one of the best live bands I have seen / heard. I'm going to go to at least one of their gig this year.
do i drive
or am i driven
Silver_Owl
The Don

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:I never went mad over them as a whole but I have to say that "Thunder & Consolation" still gets many a spin at chez Carpathian.

Totally agree. By far of all the albums I've heard by them it stands out. Green & Grey still sends shivers down my spine.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

How much of a "computer wizard" can this Dean White geezer be if he didn't make a back-up of his sh*t? It's never too early to start saving...
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
nowayjose

Cheap publicity stunt?

Mobile computing.. unencrypted filesystems and no backup. Tsk.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Bad news.

Although...
stolen from [...] the Hyde Park area of Leeds
It's like the fcukin' wild west around there. I'm not sure it still is, but Chestnut Avenue in Leeds 6 used to be the most burgled street in Britain, with every house being burgled at least once a year.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:Bad news.

Although...
stolen from [...] the Hyde Park area of Leeds
It's like the fcukin' wild west around there. I'm not sure it still is, but Chestnut Avenue in Leeds 6 used to be the most burgled street in Britain, with every house being burgled at least once a year.
Lived just up the road on Manor Drive back in the day - barely a night went past without some little s**t wanderin up and down eyeballing every house. Somehow, we never managed to get burgled there.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Someone I knew who lived on Hyde Park Road once came home and found a gang of little ninjas sitting in his front room watching the TV. They told him to f*ck off out of their house! :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:Someone I knew who lived on Hyde Park Road came home and found a gang of little ninjas sitting in his front room watching the TV. They told him to f*ck off out of their house! :lol:
i know a couple that bought a house up near the royal park pubb that was vacant possession

when they moved in there were a gang of squatters already in there and they wouidnt move

luckily they knew a scary guy and paid him a tenner and a bottle of whisky to 'pay them a visit'

he went round with his large and very angry dog, knocked on the door and introduced himself as their new house mate :D

he barged his way past them and proceeded to spend the next 2 days sat on their settee

the squatters left after that :lol: :evil:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So good when all you need is patience and the suggestion of violence to get the job done. :notworthy:
Big Si
School Bully

Planet Dave wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

So good when all you need is patience and the suggestion of violence to get the job done. :notworthy:
Image ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Thea
Overbomber

Ker-blimey! NYAAA have had some stuff nicked from the same area :(
Here's what was stolen (they must have been very determined thieves) - you can imagine how much all this cost, it was the work of years saving and scrimping to get it:

20" Sabian B8 ride
16" Zildjan A Medium Crash
18" Zildjan Custom Medium Crash
18" Paiste 502 Crash
14" Zildjan A Crash
Zildjan Z Custom Crash
Paiste 502 Crash
Zildjan A Rock Hihats
Sonar Double Bass Pedal
Yamaha 14" Floor tom (with 'NYAAA' painted on the side)
Pearl Steel 14" Snare (in black soft case - sanare has a white Remo skin & a faulty snare lever).
Yamaha 10"black Tomtom (in a black softcase).
Pearl 12" black Tom tom (in black soft case)
* All Tomtoms have remo Pinstripe heads (including 14" Tomtom)
Bass pedal tools & case.
Pearl Snare stand.
Pearl Cymbal stands with boom arm + 1 3-way Tomtom clamp with both Pearl & Yamaha attachments.
Pearl straight cymbal stand.
Pearl black stick bag containing 2 pairs of Ahead Black Carbon sticks, 2 pairs of rods & 1 pair timpani sticks.

How odd....
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Big Si wrote:
Planet Dave wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Image ;D
:lol: was gonna say 'ask Big Si' but thought of it too late. :lol:
Carpathian Psychonaut

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:I never went mad over them as a whole but I have to say that "Thunder & Consolation" still gets many a spin at chez Carpathian.

Totally agree. By far of all the albums I've heard by them it stands out. Green & Grey still sends shivers down my spine.
I Love The World and Vagabonds make great 'crank them up while getting ready to go out' tracks......
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
EvilBastard
Overbomber

freshjewboy wrote:Hope they get their s**t back.No artist deserves to have their work sto9le (no matter how s**t you may think they are).
I'd be inclined to agree, but given that NMA has spent most of the last 25 years or so railing against how evil capitalism, property, and private ownership are, I'll bet that they still want to see the scrote who half-inched their sh*t strung up by his clockweights. Come the revolution, but not just yet, eh Justin (whoops, I mean, Slade the Leveller...)?
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody