STOLEN GUITARS

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
nitestorm
Road Kill

So, a miss informed friend of mine decided to buy me the Re-hash of the mish's first chapter album, in the sleave notes, whussy does admit to taking the infamous 'stolen guitars' no wonder :von: still dis-likes the guy.
Not as good as Motorhead, but better than The Birthday Party, which makes us pretty damn good.
Potski
Road Kill

You will find that he doesn't admit to stealing a guitar, it says about them taking serpents kiss and wake both original written during the FALAA sessions and in brackets says along with some 'mthyical guitars'.

Whats with all the Hussey bashing anyway, get over it for f&*k sake.
I mean who quit the band first????
Hussey original left with a view to recording guitars for the new album
And i bet that Hussey came up with the whole 'Sisterhood' thing on his own without any input from Craig Adams what so ever

Also Eldritch and Hussey are on speaking terms these days when they meet. Mera luna 2000 at the begining to giving ground Eldritch says how very diplomatic of as I've forgotten what this is all about, stems from the fact he had spoken to Hussey earlier in the day

I bet you would cream you pants if Hussey re-joind the Sisters, personally i reckon its a possibilty in 2008. It would be about time Eldritch got someone in to write some decent music for his lyrics instead of power cording the whole song
Silver_Owl
The Don

Potski wrote:Whats with all the Hussey bashing anyway, get over it for f&*k sake.
I mean who quit the band first????
<Ducks> here we go again :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
mh
Above the Chemist

You could argue that Craig left first in '82.
Or Ben in '83.
Or Gary in '85.

Some of us actually think that Wayne leaving was a good thing for the band. Now Gary rejoining, on the other hand, would be well worth a change of underwear.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Creative nonsense aside, I think the re-establishment of the Adams, Marx, Hussey & Eldritch line-up would be the only bankable one. Up to him I'd say...
TAK: The Hideous New Girl
Road Kill

Potski wrote:It would be about time Eldritch got someone in to write some decent music for his lyrics instead of power cording the whole song
Nicely put there Potski!
davedecay
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

TAK: The Hideous New Girl wrote:
Potski wrote:It would be about time Eldritch got someone in to write some decent music for his lyrics instead of power cording the whole song
Nicely put there Potski!
agreed.
Nic
Slight Overbomber

mh wrote:Now Gary rejoining, on the other hand, would be well worth a change of underwear.
Aye. 8)
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
eotunun
Overbomber

Nic wrote:
mh wrote:Now Gary rejoining, on the other hand, would be well worth a change of underwear.
Aye. 8)
:eek: What do you plan to do poor to ol' Gary in case of rejoining? :eek:
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
nitestorm
Road Kill

didn't bash him, just thought i would point it out, p.s. he said "some mythical stolen guitars"
Not as good as Motorhead, but better than The Birthday Party, which makes us pretty damn good.
mik
Chameleons Guru

What lyrics?!! Don't make me laugh!! He's had writers block for the past 15 bloody years; stop making excuses for the man.

There is one reason why there hasn't been a fourth album and it has nothing to do with the "moribund relationship with East West", as testified by the fact that THAT relationship ended a decade ago.

Face facts, he's turned into a parody of himself.
Something pithy.
mh
Above the Chemist

I'm not so sure about writers block. I see two (or maybe three) things going on here.

Firstly, Von painted himself into a corner as some kind of astute/witty/ironic observational commentator on US politics. This is a self-image thing, and he's already said all that needed to be said on the VT album. All he needs is a slap round the head to make him realise that he's quite capable of writing intelligent and insightful lyrics about other topics.

Secondly, and this is a natural thing with all writers, his style has changed over time. It seems abrupt (to us) as there was a long spell of absolutely nothing from him. These days he's more concise, more personal, more emotional, more direct (not saying it's all like that, though). Songs have fewer words in them.

Thirdly, maybe he's just grown older and wiser, and plain flat-out doesn't actually want the hassle of a record deal and the whole promotion circus in his life, but at the same time doesn't want to admit it (either to his fans or to himself).
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
robertzombie
Overbomber

:notworthy:
nowayjose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I don't want to speculate about what is holding Eldritch back... whether it's external factors or the man himself.
However. I think he could go the independent route and release something through the likes of cdbaby.com or so. Any fears that this would somehow debase his standing in the music community are unfounded; imho it would certainly earn him new respect, particularly in the current situation of confusion and the big record companies making a complete arse out of themselves. And it would make him some more money and put him back on the track. I can't see any real negatives in this option.
tone ranger
Road Kill

As Abe Lincoln is qouted to have said ..... 'It’s better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt'

Perhaps he just hasn't got any good new ideas
Dark
Underneath the Rock

That or really is just failing at writing anything good. He may as well just drop the pretense of there existing a possibility that there will be a new single, album or "Greatest Hits Vol. 2" (the first one didn't even comprise of "hits", "greatest" or otherwise) and just admit that he's just playing the back catalogue to please the fans, the bootleggers, and his dealer.
If he admits that, maybe then we can start to focus on the positive aspects of the songs.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

once again or SAMO- this is about this topic
I think that if mr :von: wrote any new songs (as he claimed on some interview(s) ) he should put them into the set list, that will be a big straight middle finger for the company, but no, mr E wants to show how dependent he is to rec. comp. ,but in some way i understand him. of course i remember they putted new song last year
or maybe that new song(s) are just like floodland tunes- i 60% completely useless if you want to put them into setlist... whatever.

+

i really don't care about new record,but all that excuse sounds piteous - he should cut all sh!t about any records, do it or stop talking bullsh!t.