skinny puppy in manchester tonight

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

just realised

tickets seem to be still available

might go

used to like them, not heard recent material, but what the heck.

anyone else going?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I went to the london show last night and it was fantastic, if you've ever liked them definitely go.
they've gotten rid of the guitarist so its a really tribal noisey drumming electro driven onslaught ;D :!:
saw them on each of the last three tours and maybe this was a little less theatrical (by their standards) but the best sounding by far.
top nite out. :notworthy:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

will do. we're off :D
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Whee, i've seen videos from their this year gigs and they look and sound fantastic!

Ohgr r00lz.

Good luck.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Dr. Moody

Now that I think about it they were every bit as theatrical just different. Ogres voice was spot on as well,
really want a recording from the tour.
Otto Von Schirach as support was fuckin nuts too.
Like a cross between the look of early Batman or He-Man and gabber noise music with cookie monster vocals !
James Blast
Banned

sorry to spoil the party, but (seriously) can anyone of you guys explain the attraction to SP, I bought Vivisect VI back in the 90s and promptly took it back to the record emporium the next day

I really didn't like it and they didn't have Rabies which I believe was produced by Al Jourgensen (always a good thing).
So I took my money home, didn't even pop into MacDonald's for twa cheese and a BM then Dunkin' Donuts for twa frosted with cashews... jist a train home from Glasgow Central...

not a guid weekend

I have issues with Skinny Puppy :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

They're not a bad band at all, but part of the prob is all of their LPs are almost completely different. VIVISect VI has it's own unique style and sound, which can be fairly grim, relentless and tuneless at times. Rabies is more guitars and grooves, Cleanse Fold and Manipulate (my personal fave) is more of a bouncy electronic rhythms thing, Too Dark Park (also up there) has pop influences with catchy tunes and choruses, and so on.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Dr. Moody

this might help convince the undecided.... prob not work safe lots of horror

http://drylungs.com/worlock/

better quality here (takes a bit longer totally worth it)

http://stage6.divx.com/International-Fa ... emastered]
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

oh. dear.

i'm extremely sad to report that myself and the 4 other people i was with all thought it was utter b*llocks :urff:

the venue was only a third full, and only the moshpit were enjoying it. the overall atmosphere felt like "what the f**k?"

some people were trying really hard to enjoy it, but most kept wandering in & out all during the gig, shaking their heads...

musically, i liked 2 or 3 of the tracks (the ones with some semblence of a melody) but for the most part it was an utter racket with too many drums and too many synth 'noises', and no real tunes or structure.

and as for the visuals, it looked like a bad 6th form drama student's attempt at a schlokfest. poor, cliched and frankly rather embarassing.

the highlight of the evening was when all the power on stage went out during 'tin omen' :lol:

5+ minutes of skinny puppy unplugged?!?! :lol:

unfortunately, they managed to restore power to the stage (tripped fuse i guess) but it still took the laptop, samplers and keyboards a few more minutes to recover so in the meantime ogre did an improvised 'scream' over the top of a drum beat for about 2 minutes solid.

pleasant, i'm sure you can imagine.

it felt a bit 'emporers new clothes' to me - people were trying to like it, afraid to say they didnt think it was any good because, after all, 'this is skinny pouppy, man!'. tosh.

i will happily continue to listen to all their albums (i have pretty much everything upto & including 'last rights', but i thought that was pants so stopped bothering after that) but i can honestly say i never want to see them again live. ever.

all in all i have to say it was one of the biggest piles of sh*t i've ever had the misfortune to witness.
Pista
Cureboi

Quiff Boy wrote:
all in all i have to say it was one of the biggest piles of sh*t i've ever had the misfortune to witness.
No, you just say what you mean Quiffy. Don't sit on the fence, be honest....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

aye :lol:

and the fact that i shelled out 17 quid for my ticket, and another 17 for jo's, and then also convinced a few mates to come too, really sticks in my throat...

ironically, one of our mates who did come had seen them on the last tour and had already decided not to go this time she thought they were a bit rubbish last year.

but then we changed her mind... boy dont we feel foolish now :o

amusingly, our mate texted her mum telling her we were at the gig, and her mum replied 'but why? you know they're crap live' :lol:

ho humm.

i'm currently listening to too dark park and scratching my head about where it all went so wrong for them. :|
Dr. Moody

:lol: reminds me of the kind of reviews a certain other band get sometimes :innocent:
sorry you didn't enjoy it, sounds like they had a really off night :lol:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

to be honest, while watching them, all i could think of was 'jesus! i wish everyone who ever slated the sisters could see THIS!" :lol:

in their defense, at least they were loud, unlike that certain other band... :roll:
Dr. Moody

:lol:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

quiffy, do you want to fluff that review up, and i'll put it on my site?
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Pista
Cureboi

Here's 50 tonnes of the stuff if it helps Barry

:D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
aims
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote: i will happily continue to listen to all their albums (i have pretty much everything upto & including 'last rights', but i thought that was pants so stopped bothering after that) but i can honestly say i never want to see them again live. ever.
Post it on Dominion.

Dare ya ;D