NFD + Ahrayeph Leuven

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Jerre
Road Kill

I expect "someone" mentioned it already, but I don't see it anywhere. My eyes are not what they used to be, so if there is a thread on this already, feel free to delete this one...

Greetz,
Jerre[/img]
James Blast
Banned

we don't delete anything to do with ARF! and I hope you'll introduce yourself at the gig :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Jerre
Road Kill

Sure!

Greetz,
Jerre
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Even if we did delete ARF related threads, we'll leave this one to save people checking through twenty-seventeen pages on the other thread. ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

Och! you're just jealous mark cause you haven't had a rock star sit in your room and drink tea whilst listening to Zoon of a Thursday afternoon :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

James Blast wrote:Och! you're just jealous mark cause you haven't had a rock star sit in your room and drink tea whilst listening to Zoon of a Thursday afternoon :lol:
True. :(
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Tell you what, if you're desperate, Mark, I'll come up and listen to You Could Be The One on a spare Saturday. Will that count? :lol:
James Blast
Banned

not even close ;D

Anyone spot the Megadeth ref?
No, thought not, not even some Belgian piano player! :evil: ;D
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

James Blast wrote:not even close ;D

Anyone spot the Megadeth ref?
No, thought not, not even some Belgian piano player! :evil: ;D
OI! I listened to Megadeth whe you still had hair on yer scalp! :evil:

Took that little hint of yers to spot it tho...

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
James Blast
Banned

~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy

James Blast wrote:99...
Ways to dye? ;D

IZ.
James Blast
Banned

thanke ;D

~ Peter Steele
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

May I remind the good HL folks - lovely and supportive as y'awl have always been to me and the band - that this isn't just and ARF ting, but there's also a band called NFD, who happen to have one of the best bass players around in their ranks (and I didn't even mention the Neph... for now :P) and churn out a bunch of great choons themselves?
James Blast
Banned

still not heard them apart from that free d/l a month or so back, it was guid, very guid but ye ken why I'll be there
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy

Ahráyeph wrote:May I remind the good HL folks - lovely and supportive as y'awl have always been to me and the band - that this isn't just and ARF ting, but there's also a band called NFD, who happen to have one of the best bass players around in their ranks (and I didn't even mention the Neph... for now :P) and churn out a bunch of great choons themselves?
You mean that's Les Claypool's new band??? :eek: ;D

IZ.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:still not heard them apart from that free d/l a month or so back, it was guid, very guid but ye ken why I'll be there
Aye, a ken. Nae worries, there WILL be Duvel... ;D
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Ahráyeph wrote:May I remind the good HL folks - lovely and supportive as y'awl have always been to me and the band - that this isn't just and ARF ting, but there's also a band called NFD, who happen to have one of the best bass players around in their ranks (and I didn't even mention the Neph... for now :P) and churn out a bunch of great choons themselves?
You mean that's Les Claypool's new band??? :eek: ;D

IZ.
Nah, Geddy Lee's... ;D
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Ahráyeph wrote:Geddy Lee
Another voice that makes me :urff:, though I do love the music...
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Another voice? Whose else's?
James Blast
Banned

Get some 70s King Crimson inside ya, John Wetton was not only a destroyer on the bass guitar, he had an immaculate voice ~ start with "Book of Saturday" from "Larks' Tongues in Aspic'
Jeezziz! that boy could sing and play!!!

there's never a Zed about when ye need wan... :|
~ Peter Steele
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

And all this because I revere Tony Pettit for his great bass work with the Nephs (which he continues to do with NFD)... :roll:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Ahráyeph wrote:Another voice? Whose else's?
Most do, unfortunately...one that comes immediately to mind is :von:.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:one that comes immediately to mind is :von:.
Stone the heretic!

(While studiously ignoring the fact that she has a point...)
анархия
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

First off, I have a hard time with folks (male and female) who can't sing on key. That eliminates about 75% of vocalists right off the bat (and I think I'm being pretty kind here). Blame my mom for this, because she exposed me to exquisite voices (including her own) from a very young age. Secondly, I don't care for high-pitched voices, as a rule. That eliminates most female vocalists, save for girlies dear to my heart (such as Liz Fraser, Lisa Gerrard, and a scant handful of others), and a few opera singers. I don't like male tenor voices or guys who sing falsetto, save again for a few opera singers and the few who manage to do it well (some NWOBHM legends spring to mind ;)), or who do it quirkily enough that I can ignore the off note here and there (Pete Murphy, Bowie, etc.)... Sucks to be me, I guess. :| :roll:
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

So I suppose we won't see you at one of our gigs then; unless you've got some great ear plugs... ;D