New model army "high"

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Though received since Monday, my long working hours don t allow me to listen to it properly, still a quick listen to it reveals a stunning album
this is looks very very promising, but then again when did Sullivan let us down..
"wired" is the opener and is a killer track

more in a few days
scotty
Overbomber

I'm really looking forward to this, I've good reports.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I knew it was soon, but iI havn't been holding my breath...

I liked carnival well enough, is this an improvment?
Nationalise the f**king lot.
scotty
Overbomber

Maisey wrote:I knew it was soon, but iI havn't been holding my breath...

I liked carnival well enough, is this an improvment?
It's supposed to be a drift back to previous material, it'll never be a Thunder & Consolation or a Ghost of Cain 'cause the personel anen't there but I hope it's gutsier than Carnaval.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Pista
Cureboi

Hope it's quieter too.
Like silent .
Sorry just my opinion.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Might have a look and see if we can arrange a Heartland special from my CD distribution folks if anyone is interested?
gudge
Road Kill

This has been available for "sample purposes"(newsgroups/torrents :innocent: ) for over a month and definitely warrants a purchase.
DJ Nephilimbabe
Road Kill

In all honesty, I'd have to say that my love of NMA has seriously wained over the years, from the live performances (with so many members changing/leaving) to the continuing produced lacklustre studio albums.

I hated Carnival when it first came out. I played it over and over, then suddenly, it came to me. NMA are not angry young men anymore, simply pissed off middle-aged chaps whom still have an axe to grind!

This then changed my prospective upon the whole show. Sure, as already mentioned, we'll never get another T&C, and the album 8 was probably their worst ever, but in recent years I've come to re-enjoy their offerings because of this.

Wired, tbh, I don't think really covers any different ground and even some of the arrangements sound very similar to Carnival in places, yet still a masterpiece is accomplished with some good songs to boot.

Certainly nothing that'll ever be played in clubs, but a good pub album all the same.
Carpathian Psychonaut
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Just given it a first spin - apart from a slight dip towards the middle I reckon it's about as good as you could hope for at this point in things - that's meant in a positive way, too. There's some pretty strong tracks dotted through it and it seems to hang together well as a whole.

Must investigate more plays and see what I decide......
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
limur
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I like it. I've heard far worse. :innocent:

It certainly seems better, after a couple of plays, than Carnival did.
...train, crashin' head long into the heartland...

Pushing Good Music #PGM www.livemusicreview.co.uk
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

DJ Nephilimbabe wrote:I played it over and over, then suddenly, it came to me. NMA are not angry young men anymore, simply pissed off middle-aged chaps whom still have an axe to grind!
...and the fact that they're no longer 21 somehow serves to invalidate what they've got to say? What "ought" they to be doing then, at their obviously advanced ages? What's "age-appropriate" for these dudes, now? Sitting on their arses in front of telly and contemplating buying another SUV or adding to their stock portfolios? I mean, really... :roll: :evil:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Drenchrom

Agreed, I can see NMA/Justin carrying on for many years to come. Whilst Von is locked up in some old people's home in Leeds.

Matt..

For a good night out go see KUBICHEK!
pikkrong
Overbomber

I have trid to order it (and a couple of more things) from NMA online shop but each time I have got an automatic relpy: The authorization could not be performed (while my credit card works fine, well - have worked too fine - for some other UK or German online shops) :(
Sorry because of that almost off-topic post... but yeah, that makes me very sad that I still haven't had a possibility to listen to the whole new NMA album :(
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

strange a bought it from the nma shop and everything was fine, maybe one of the items was out of stock?

btw expecting a "t & c" nr. 2 from NMA is like waiting from the sisters a new falaa

the new album is excellent and "dawn" is my second favourite track
Debaser
Overbomber

Thought I'd avail myself of the facilities - or is it just too lazy to start a new threaditis?

From their MySpace bulletin.

Our apologies to anyone who has already received this message...

We are sorry to deliver this bad news...

VISAS Denied. North American tour cancelled.

We have regrettably been forced to cancel the North American tour that was due to start this week. The US Citizenship and Immigration Service have denied the visas that the band require to travel to the USA and so until this matter is resolved all shows are on hold.

The band and management are extremely disappointed by this result as the tour was destined to be one of the greats. The new album is out, there is media attention in every city and the expectations are (were) high from the thousands of fans who had bought advance tickets.

The dates will be re-booked once the Immigration situation is resolved. In the meantime, ticket refunds are available from the point of purchase.

At present time we are still awaiting the reason for our denial from the proper authorities.

Check back for updates as we will be further investigating this matter.

Despite all the gloom there is a light at the end of the tunnel... "HIGH" was released in the US on Tuesday and reports are that sales are brisk..
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Visas denied? Why? ???
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
sistersvisions

markfiend wrote:Visas denied? Why? ???
Coz they only take....American Express.... :lol: :lol:
I'm as rare as a wombats wingnut!
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Oooooooof. :lol:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
James Blast
Banned

clog abuse?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Thea
Overbomber

I figure they've only *just* figured out "51st state" 8)
But yeah... what a load of ar$e.
pikkrong
Overbomber

so American people are in a more unhappy situation than me... :(