Gigs at the Fenton?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Anybody ever been to a gig upstairs in the Fenton? I happened to be there the other day and noticed a flyer for the Lancashire Hotpots next Friday...and I couldn't resist so I nipped into Out of Step and bought a couple of tickets for me and 'our lass' :lol:

"Get down wi' yer bad self"

aims
Overbomber

"We are also from the Land Of Lard, but of course we come from the better part of it." :innocent:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It's pretty small as I recall, spartan too.

Mind you the last time I went to a gig there was many moons ago they've probably done it up a bit since then. (Although as it's the Fenton I wouldn't bet on it...)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

its about half the size of joseph's well IIRC, and a sh*t hole :lol:

very rawk n roll ;D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Quiff Boy wrote:a sh*t hole
Heh. That's kind of what I meant when I said "spartan". Except I was being polite ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
boudicca
Sister Midnight

I've never seen a gig there, but I saw the place two years ago (almost exactly)... on one of Francis' legendary tours :wink:
Not much bigger than our front room as I recall, though painted very dark green (unlike our front room, sadly).
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Dark
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:It's pretty small as I recall, spartan too.)
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Of course a certain Near Meth Experience played there in 1996 too... :wink:
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”