Ian Brown - lengthy review of Lincoln gig

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Debaser
Overbomber

FUKKING ABYSMAL!
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
DerekR
Doobie Brother

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, shouldn't really laugh but this chancer has been living on past glories for far too long, time he was well and truly found out. His new single is one of the funniest things I have heard in quite some time, but I dont think it's meant to be.

Of course the fact that he has had a long running feud with Tim Burgess from the Charlatans has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion of him :innocent: Tim's singing has gone from strength to strength recently since giving up the powder, Ian gives up the weed and still manages to sound about as tuneful as a goose farting in the fog.
czuczu
Overbomber

:lol:

Stone Roses at Wembley in '95 = f**king Terrible!

Has he ever been able to sing?
limur
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stone Roses 20th February 1989 Sheffield University1 = Waaay out of tune
Stone Roses 25th August 1996 Reading Festival = f**king Terrible!
czuczu wrote:Has he ever been able to sing?
Nope.

1 I thought this was in Nottingham, but apparently not :roll:
...train, crashin' head long into the heartland...

Pushing Good Music #PGM www.livemusicreview.co.uk
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

DerekR wrote: this chancer has been living on past glories for far too long,
Not like anyone else we talk about on HL then. :innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Debaser wrote:FUKKING ABYSMAL!
Ever thought of writing for the NME? :lol:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

So I've not missed owt by failing to get a ticket for Leeds? Is that what you're trying to say Ness? ;D

Maybe you shoulda been at Middlesborough, they (apparently) had a power cut mid gig, which promptly binned the whole thing.
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'
James Blast
Banned

Holy Moly wrote:It's probably best not to get on the wrong side of Ian Brown, the man banged up for four months after threatening to cut the hands off an air stewardess while flying over the Atlantic.

Some fool in Halifax decided to applaud the simian singer at the end of his show by throwing a pint of what might have been beer, but also might have been p*ss, all over him as he stood on stage and soaked up more than applause.

All in all, the Stone Roses frontman was quite restrained, merely demanding that the woman "f**k off home" before pointing her out to security.
contains swearing NWS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80XW5tRDyyY
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele