Black Sabbath ~ Pat and Steven need only apply

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

Planet Rock Black Sabbath quiz

I got 14 on first go
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
smiscandlon
Overbomber

15. ;D
анархия
smiscandlon
Overbomber

smiscandlon wrote:15. ;D
Though I do own 18 of those albums. Good call James. :lol:
анархия
James Blast
Banned

ah, the "I remember that cover, I may even own it" syndrome- welcome to Auld Phartage! :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
smiscandlon
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:ah, the "I remember that cover, I may even own it" syndrome- welcome to Auld Phartage! :lol:
To be fair, it was the more recent (arguably, less good) albums that threw me (Sabbath's Cross Purposes and Forbidden, and Ozzy's Down To Earth). I also got the Iommi album wrong because I put the artist as "Iommi" rather than "Tony Iommi". :roll: :lol:

And I was quite chuffed at getting the "Elf" album, which I don't even have!
анархия
Pat
Slight Overbomber

11 , I own some real s**t :roll: :lol:
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Nice one.

That's German efficiency for you... :innocent: :lol:
анархия
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Had to dig out Speak of the Devil, one of the best Sabbath albums that Sabbath didn't make.

I love you all , you're the best audience in the World--see you next year.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

satanically enough i scored a baker's dozen (that's 13 for the mainlanders). took me fucking ages to drag "trying to burn the sun" by elf from the depths....and yes, i am admitting to owning both it and "carolina county ball" but feel considerably less of a saddo on discovering there was a third elf album that i never heard of (and therefore never wasted good money on either.) :oops: :innocent: :lol:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Let down by my inability to name any albums that Ronnie James Dio sings on outside of the Sabbath ones and Holy Diver.

If they're gonna be finickity about the Iommi's solo album, surely Seventh Star should be credited to Black Sabbath featuring Tony Iommi. I love that record despite the total lack of Black Sabbath-ness about it.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Mothra wrote:If they're gonna be finickity about the Iommi's solo album, surely Seventh Star should be credited to Black Sabbath featuring Tony Iommi. I love that record despite the total lack of Black Sabbath-ness about it.
Yeah, wasn't it a record company decision to release it as a "Black Sabbath" album, though it was never intended as such?
анархия
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Yep, exactly that. It was supposed to be Iommi's first solo record. A shame, as its a really good album, but releasing it under the Black Sabbath name ruined any chance it had (and did untold damage to their already struggling reputation). There's a great book (Never Say Die?) about the post Ozzy years, that reveals a few decisions like that have been made over the years. Cross Purposes was supposed to be credited to Iommi/Butler for instance. Seems like they've finally sorted it out, with a Seventh Star "sequel" being released under Iommi and Glenn Hughes' names and the current tour under the moniker Heaven and Hell.