FGG vs Kenji Siratori - Insane Asylum

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

I was going to put this in the Currently Listening... topic, but I am such a media whore that I made my own posting ;) Also, I know some people here have a good judgement for our music, so maybe there's some useful input.

Kenji Siratori is a Japanese cyberpunk writer. You can read all about him and his connections to the Thin White Duke on his Myspace and on his website. Suffice it to say he's very refreshing and unconventional.

Main thing is, he offered us his experimental text 'Insane Asylum' and asked us to put some music on it.

So we did.

I can provide the text in English for those interested; it is a bleak impression of cyberpunk, the dark and vile city life, industry, rotting corpses, metal, acid and stinking oil. Or something like that.

Enjoy the MP3.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Well done Izzy thats great, really liked the Siratori/ Nordvargr thing, have yet to "read" one of the books tho, reminds me a bit of Jake Chapmans' "Meatphysics" which was great. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Dr. Moody

Just listened to it and its fuckin brilliant, well done again. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Izzy HaveMercy

I'll just post the translation of the text anyway, to give you an idea of Siratori's twisted, yet genious mind.

The text is called 'Insane Asylum' and can be found in his book 'Nonexistence'.

"The terror fear cytoplasm gene-dub of the drug fetus of the trash sense to the abolition world-codemaniacs that was processed the data mutant of her ultra machinery tragedy-ROM creature system guerrilla paradise apparatus of the human body pill cruel emulator that compressed the acidHUMANIX infectious disease of the soul/gram made of retro-ADAM to the modem heart of the hybrid corpse mechanism that turned technojunkies’ ill-treatment is accelerated to non-resettable virus....the ecstasy system of the living body junk feeling replicant reptilian HUB of a chemical anthropoid to the brain universe of the hyperreal HIV scanner form murder game of the dogs of tera noise.
The paradise apparatus of the human body pill cruel emulator to the abolition world-codemaniacs of the biocapturism nerve cells that was processed the data mutant of a clone boy murder-gimmick of the soul/gram made of retro-ADAM plug-in DNA channels of her digital vamp cold-blooded disease animals send back out the brain universe of the hybrid corpse mechanism dogs of the tera trash sense of drug fetus turns on the reptilian HUB modem heart that hung up to the corpse feti streaming circuit ill-treatment gene-dub of a chemical anthropoid to the mass of flesh-module of the hyperreal HIV scanner form that was debugged the era respiration-byte.
Hunting for the grotesque WEB paradise apparatus of the human body pill cruel emulator that compressed the acidHUMANIX infectious disease of the soul/gram made of retro-ADAM to the brain universe of the hyperreal HIV scanner form murder game of the dogs of tera joints the genomics strategy circuit that was processed to DNA channels of the biocapturism nerve cells corpse feti streaming of a clone boy data mutant of her abolition world-codemaniacs feeling replicant LOAD the murder-gimmick of trash sense of drug fetus to the reptilian HUB modem heart that hung up the body encoder of the ultra machinery tragedy-ROM creature system that was debugged the technojunkies’.
The surrender-site of the living body junk feeling replicant where turned on the ill-treatment of a chemical anthropoid to the insanity medium of the hyperreal HIV scanners DNA channel of the corpse city to non-resettable reptilian HUB....an abnormal living body paradise apparatus of the human body pill cruel emulator murder-gimmick of the soul/gram made of retro-ADAM to the abolition world-codemaniacs that was processed the data mutant of her ultra machinery tragedy-ROM creature system-controls the acidHUMANIX infectious disease archive of the biocapturism nerve cells to the terror fear cytoplasm gene-dub of the drug fetus trash sense nightmare-script of a clone boy is accelerated to a hybrid corpse mechanism virus.
Reptilian HUB modem that crashed to the paradise apparatus of the human body pill cruel emulator that compressed the acidHUMANIX infectious disease of the soul/gram made of retro-ADAM chemical anthropoid covered cardiac mass of flesh-module corpse feti streaming ultra machinery tragedy-ROM creature system that trash sense of drug fetus was debugged to the brain universe that was processed the data mutant abolition world-codemaniacs feeling replicant to a hybrid corpse mechanism murder game....the hunting for the grotesque WEB joint terminal of the biocapturism nerve cells murder-gimmick of a clone boy to the insanity medium of the hyperreal HIV scanners DNA channel of the corpse city LOAD."

IZ.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Hmm...stream-of-consciousness, vaguely-apocalyptic brain vomit? I liked it better the first time, when it was Skinny Puppy lyrics. ;) :P :von:

ETA: I didn't listen to the tune, IZ, my commentary's based solely on the posted text. ;D
Last edited by 6FeetOver on 11 Oct 2007, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Carpathian Psychonaut

I'm liking that a lot!

It's tough, I'd have thought, to back spoken word with music and have to be careful not to be too bland but also not to ruin the speech. You've hit it just nicely. Was the speech treated or clean when you got it?
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
eotunun
Overbomber

Marvelously weird!
Izmeister strikes again!
:notworthy:
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
Izzy HaveMercy

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:I'm liking that a lot!

It's tough, I'd have thought, to back spoken word with music and have to be careful not to be too bland but also not to ruin the speech. You've hit it just nicely. Was the speech treated or clean when you got it?
Eh... 'rather clean' is the best term to use I guess ;D

The text was no pro music studio quality, it was just Kenji who spoke it in (at home and with his PC I guess) and sent the MP3 to me. Here and there you can here some clipping in the vocals where Kenji gets a little more expressive and excited. I edited them out a bit, but left one or two in there for effect. The delays and the 'sorethroat' voice are FGG doings. Kenji was treated with the Yamaha VoiceMachine and a little natural reverb.

IZ.
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

I definitely need to come and see yat live. Kinda like thiz yes.

great job izzmaster :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
MUSICA È
Izzy HaveMercy

Kenji liked it so much that he's planning on bringing it out.

And he sent some more texts for us to experiment with.

Product, finally! ;D

IZ.
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Fantastic work Iz!

The words on their own (even translated) mean absolutely nothing, the combination however is very strong...

I salute you :notworthy:
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Listened to it, liked it, looking forward to hearing more of it :D :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Fantastic, Izzy.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
James Blast
Banned

oh, that old thing, heard it ;D

congrats on the final release of some product, this is what we want :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy

James Blast wrote:oh, that old thing, heard it ;D

congrats on the final release of some product, this is what we want :D
Yes you heard it, sans the popdrums ;D

Actually quite happy about this collab, Kenji is a gifted man as well as a very nice person.

Fingers crossed and thumbs up! :D

IZ.
James Blast
Banned

you do realise that the Big Yin will noo huv tae d/l this and burn it to CD just so he has the latest drinks coaster ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Finally got around to listening to this, IZ - me likey, oh yes! ;D :notworthy:

It's like...Delerium goes to outer space, or something. Very nice. \m/ :von:

ETA: Perhaps you might upload it to your FGG MySpaz page...and enable the "add" feature. Just a thought. :innocent: ;)
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Izzy HaveMercy

James Blast wrote:you do realise that the Big Yin will noo huv tae d/l this and burn it to CD just so he has the latest drinks coaster ;D
I hope his computer chokes on it big time ;D

And @ Sinnie: I will wait just a bit longer for a final word from Kenji. I will propose to put it on our MySpace and the website!

IZ.
James Blast
Banned

I still can't dance to it :(
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy

James Blast wrote:I still can't dance to it :(
I'll make the next Kenji Song a polka, mmmkay? ;D

IZ.
James Blast
Banned

when do we get 20 Jazz Funk Greats from Belgium?
~ Peter Steele
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I have no intelligent responce Blast, but the Throbbing reference was noticed and appriciated.

Listening to the track now. Izzy does seem to have a way with ambient music...its ambient, but its not boring! I imagine that takes quite a talent.

Nice work.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Big Si
School Bully

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
James Blast wrote:you do realise that the Big Yin will noo huv tae d/l this and burn it to CD just so he has the latest drinks coaster ;D
I hope his computer chokes on it big time ;D
So the Fuds have Gone Global then :wink:

It sounds like a Dalek being buggered by a Cyberman :urff:

I've got enough coaster's for the now ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis