the smurphs vs the mish

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Aye, fair play to him 8)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
aims
Overbomber

I don't know how, but I am going to that :eek:
snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I wonder if Wayne knows that Ben Cristo is (was?) a member of Claytown Troupe? :innocent: :lol:

A present member of the sisters supporting an ex member of the sisters. :D
Silver_Owl
The Don

snowey wrote:I wonder if Wayne knows that Ben Cristo is (was?) a member of Claytown Troupe? :innocent: :lol:

A present member of the sisters supporting an ex member of the sisters. :D
I didn't know that. :?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

a Claytown Troupe, it's like a Drfters or a Pink Floyd or even a Sisters Of Mercy :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

well this will be a repeat of the 22nd movement :twisted: :twisted: the opening act being more important than the header :lol: :lol: :lol:
MUSICA È
James Blast
Banned

good point Stefke Image :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Potski
Road Kill

It will be interesting to see if Wayne plays a few songs with the Smurphs.
robertzombie
Overbomber

This is great news!!! I'm even more looking forward to it now!!! :D :D :D
silentNate

February seems so far way :cry:
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Out of frustration probably the man has taking the pish at the Girls for many years, aiming directly at them. He now has even more chance to do so. Watch the one liners. As I am a Sisters fan I could find it pretty insulting and provoking. To me it is the only reason he invited the Smurphs. Instead of making a good show it again shows his frustration. This guy can never let go....Some may see it as a kind of humor. In a way it most certainly is but I do not believe it is his humor...He just wants to stab one more time in my opinion...This provocation might leave me without respect for the man and the good things he did in the eighties.
He should have kept to the m*****n and his music. The first three albums contained some good songs musical wise....not the lyrics. Even these days I listen to them every now and then. The rest of his later work is mostly utter crap.

I truly hope he will prove me wrong as he is the only one who can do so.
Then I would resepct him and the musical role he played with his Mish.

Why do I let provoke myself? It has to do with my almost unconditioned love for the Sisters in being a big part of my life....In good times and bad times. I am grateful for that so I stand up for them. Maybe even too much sometimes but hey, that's how I feel about them.... :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
James Blast
Banned

lighten up Pat :|
~ Peter Steele
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

James Blast wrote:lighten up Pat :|
It's okay James! It's off my chest now. ;D
"as we walk on the floodland"
radiojamaica
Overbomber

I think it's cool he asked the Smurphs to open their nostalgia fest! For Wayne it all really took off with the Sisters, so it's a good thing to include that. I don't think it's a dig to the Sisters/Eldritch at all.
in dub we trust
christophe
Overbomber

I believe Wayne had problems with how things went after he left the Sisters, but he has made a lot of remarks over the years about how he loved being in the band and playing together with Von.
I think it is a wonderful idea to have The Smurphs play, to show where the m*****n is coming from, besides if you like where he took his band you will approve this choice and if you don’t you probably won’t be there…. So no harm done.

I hope he takes the Smurphs along to Belgium though, that would be awesome. :notworthy:
(but as I understand from the Belgian organisation they are free to select a support band themselves :| )
Another Shade of You.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

christophe wrote:I hope he takes the Smurphs along to Belgium though, that would be awesome. :notworthy:
(but as I understand from the Belgian organisation they are free to select a support band themselves :| )
It would be fantastic to have the Smurphs here too! Maybe you can inform the organisation about them? :innocent:
There is of course another band worthy to play there: Ahrayeph 8)
Maybe a Smurphs/Arf/Mish line up :D
in dub we trust
James Blast
Banned

reality check Koen, ARF! would blow them off stage ;D
~ Peter Steele
christophe
Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:
christophe wrote:I hope he takes the Smurphs along to Belgium though, that would be awesome. :notworthy:
It would be fantastic to have the Smurphs here too! Maybe you can inform the organisation about them? :innocent:
There is of course another band worthy to play there: Ahrayeph 8)
Maybe a Smurphs/Arf/Mish line up :D
my influence is small but I'll throw it in the group :wink:
Another Shade of You.
christophe
Overbomber

but so will the Smurphs James :wink:
Another Shade of You.
Syberberg

James Blast wrote:reality check Koen, ARF! would blow them off stage ;D
Blow who off the stage, The Mish or The Smurfs?
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
James Blast
Banned

indeed, for I have seen with mine own eyes and heard with mine own ears :lol:
~ Peter Steele
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Yeah, but is that a problem?

:wink:
in dub we trust
robertzombie
Overbomber

Can we make requests? :D
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

secunded :lol: :lol:
MUSICA È
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

Ozpat wrote: Why do I let provoke myself? It has to do with my almost unconditioned love for the Sisters in being a big part of my life....In good times and bad times. I am grateful for that so I stand up for them. Maybe even too much sometimes but hey, that's how I feel about them.... :D
and ya shall not walk alone my friend. there are more of us. together we will re-unite. ;D
MUSICA È