Summer's Almost Gone...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.

It’s chilly outside, and raining—as I sit here gazing at the clouds outside of my bosses’ windows, my thoughts drift slowly to an archetypal summer day I experienced not two weeks ago.

In the scorching heat, my friend Walter Melon and I journeyed to the public fairgrounds just outside of Buffalo to watch our friend Dave compete in a high-jumping competition. The air was clear, but the humidity high, and as our soon-empty water bottles simply couldn’t quench our thirst, we decided to share an August ham on the top bleacher (I must pause here and apologise to the man smoking a cigarette directly below us—fruit juice falls fast and we couldn’t help but extinguish his flame).

Dave—who at one point jumped for his county, but now only enters amateur competitions for adulation and beer money—was uncharacteristically nervous beforehand, and we quickly found out why; although he executed the most perfect Fosbury-flop imaginable (used on the higher jumps, for those of you who care about such things), he then proceeded to flop right on his a*se in front of a crowd of approximately five-hundred suburbanites. Shame, that.

But it was a gorgeous summer day that I won’t soon forget—the memories will last at least as long as the watermelon-juice stains on my left flip-flop.

:D
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

My summer was a total bitch. Looking forward to autumns cool breezes and leaves wafting through the air.
Major de Coverly
Road Kill

I miss those days Corpypunky. Found my gauntlet again though. Underneath your left flip-flop. Nice touch that.
Serendipityhaven
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

felt the weather change,over a week ago now.
had the most amazing summer.
good and bad tribulations, experiences lived+captured in the short span of a summers life time.
times when i've been on my knees despairing,times when i've cried with happiness over the smallest and seemingly simplest of things.

my children;the closest thing to a religion i will ever get. :notworthy:
You know you're something special,
And you look like you're the best
Big Si
School Bully

It's been the first summer without rain in glasgow for 3 years! :notworthy: But now it's over I've got 6 months of darkness and cold, cold, rain and wind to look forward to.

F***ing great! :twisted:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis

Si, that's nothing--Buffalo has nine months of cold, wind, and ridiculous amounts of snow to look forward to. It's a pity it hasn't been permanently buried yet. :innocent:
Serendipityhaven

WWII trench coats.highly recommend them for extreme weather conditions. :wink:
Big Si
School Bully

CorpPunk wrote:Si, that's nothing--Buffalo has nine months of cold, wind, and ridiculous amounts of snow to look forward to. It's a pity it hasn't been permanently buried yet. :innocent:
I meant 6 months of darkness, until we get the light back so that we can then enjoy the freezing cold rain, wind and snow, etc :roll: It'll probably be another 3 years until we get a proper summer! :evil:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis

Serendipityhaven wrote:WWII trench coats.highly recommend them for extreme weather conditions. :wink:
I used to have one of these: http://www.haicogifts.com/russia05.htm

Kept me warm as hell (must have weighed about ten pounds), but I looked like an idiot. :roll: :wink:
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Where is autum? We will have it for only a couple of weeks/days. It has allready snowed!! :eek: It was warm and summer, suddenly over night, it dropped belov zero. :cry: (in the night) I saw on the weather that it had been snowing, so cold that rain turned into snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No snow here where I live (yet) luckely.

I like autum, not winter :evil:
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
The Green Lantern

CorpPunk wrote:
Serendipityhaven wrote:WWII trench coats.highly recommend them for extreme weather conditions. :wink:

Kept me warm as hell (must have weighed about ten pounds), but I looked like an idiot. :roll: :wink:
Looked like something straight out of the film Le Pacte des Loups, Brotherhood of the Wolf, if anyone seen it. Pretty groovy coat though. I could need one, it's getting cold and crisp clear.
hallucienate
Overbomber

10 Yay! summers almost here !!
20 goto 10
Big Si
School Bully

CorpPunk wrote:

Good old Russian Tobacco (Tram Tickets and Camel Dung with a cardboard filter :twisted: ) http://www.haicogifts.com/russia01.htm :notworthy:

Hats from the Doctor Jeep vid (I've always wanted one of these :D )
http://www.haicogifts.com/russia03.htm

Used to have a Grade One/Two Green Swedish Infantryman's Parka, that was very warm! :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis

The Green Lantern wrote:
CorpPunk wrote:

Looked like something straight out of the film Le Pacte des Loups, Brotherhood of the Wolf, if anyone seen it. Pretty groovy coat though. I could need one, it's getting cold and crisp clear.
But I got mine for only $20 back in the day, from Army/Navy Surplus. Suckers! :twisted:
Big Si
School Bully

The Green Lantern wrote:

Aye! Vincent Cassel 8) and Monica Bellucci :kiss: :notworthy:

Showing off? Me? You betcha! :twisted:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Jim
Slight Overbomber

I fuckin hate summer.

Roll on winter.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"

Jim wrote:I fuckin hate summer.

Roll on winter.
I was lying--autumn is my favourite season. :D
Major de Coverly
Road Kill

Some time ago, I had the misfortune to be posted out to Moscow. Over there the weather seems to work on a timetable. You get about three days of intense blizzard (this buries cars, makes most of the roads impassable and massively increases congestion on all the other roads so that it becomes impossible to go anywhere or do anything). Then the temperature rises to plus 2 creating a massive melt. Icicles two metres long fall from the roofs, you can't walk on the pavements because you will get avalanched and you can't walk in the roads because you get soaked with oily slush by the cars. You can't walk in between because there are four foot high melting snowdrifts. Then, just when everything is nice and wet, the temperature drops to minus ten for four days. Everything gets coated in a black layer of iron hard water-ice.

That is winter. I like summer.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Try Winter in Arizona....:) You might grow fond it.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

I love summer....you can get away with not wearing very much !!!!!!!!!
Only a paand.

Major de Coverly wrote:Some time ago, I had the misfortune to be posted out to Moscow. Over there the weather seems to work on a timetable. You get about three days of intense blizzard (this buries cars, makes most of the roads impassable and massively increases congestion on all the other roads so that it becomes impossible to go anywhere or do anything). Then the temperature rises to plus 2 creating a massive melt. Icicles two metres long fall from the roofs, you can't walk on the pavements because you will get avalanched and you can't walk in the roads because you get soaked with oily slush by the cars. You can't walk in between because there are four foot high melting snowdrifts. Then, just when everything is nice and wet, the temperature drops to minus ten for four days. Everything gets coated in a black layer of iron hard water-ice.
That is Buffalo. I like Elsewhere.
pikkrong
Overbomber

i remember those non-filter Prima and Belomorkanal cigarettes :twisted:
Serendipityhaven

@ CorpPunk-
ive been looking for one of those for a long long time now.
pleased you put that link up,reminded me.
The Green Lantern

That's the one Big Si. Is that opening scene sexy or what?
hallucienate
Overbomber

yay! summers almost here again, then I can go to the beach, climb the mountain and get drunk with my friends at a hot springs resort 8) :D :D

not that I couldn't really do that in winter though