the smurphs vs the mish

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

stefan moermans wrote:
Ozpat wrote: Why do I let provoke myself? It has to do with my almost unconditioned love for the Sisters in being a big part of my life....In good times and bad times. I am grateful for that so I stand up for them. Maybe even too much sometimes but hey, that's how I feel about them.... :D
and ya shall not walk alone my friend. there are more of us. together we will re-unite. ;D
:D ......I know mate! :notworthy:

Even The Cure fans are gonna notice.... ;D :von:
"as we walk on the floodland"
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i think it's funny; of course it is taking the p*ss but we can't begrudge him that after the years of p*ss-taking we've had at the mish-take's expense.

also, fair play to paddy and the crew for landing a hig-profile gig; noless thatn than they deserve.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I think this is totally excellent news! I think it will make what already promises to be a hugely fun night out into a HUGELY fun night out!

Excellent excellent excellent. I've never actually heard the smurphs though, but i have faith (isn't that what the missin is all about? :D)

This is the last ever time tracks written by Wayne for the sisters will be played by anyone at a That Guitarist attended gig, I can't imagine a world where he DOESN'T turn up on stage. Its too good an oppertunity to miss.

I'm really glad I put off my gap year travels for this!
Nationalise the f**king lot.
mh
Above the Chemist

Well if the Smurphs are any way as kick-ass as they were in August, Wayne's crowd will have a hard time following them.

I know it's early days yet, but this show BEGS to be recorded.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Apparently the mish are going to film all four gigs, so hopefully the smurph's set will be an extra on the upcoming dvd! :D
paul
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:....Some may see it as a kind of humor. In a way it most certainly is but I do not believe it is his humor...He just wants to stab one more time in my opinion...
I do see the humor in Hussey's action to invite The Smurphs. It's nothing but a game to him to provoke. He does it in his live shows (playing a part of Marian during Wasteland), on his website, in his lyrics etc. He has a great time seeing Sisters fans getting "angry and upset". IMO Sisters fans play to be "angry and upset", but I believe most of them enjoy this game as well (at least I do :wink: )
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

paul wrote:
Ozpat wrote:....Some may see it as a kind of humor. In a way it most certainly is but I do not believe it is his humor...He just wants to stab one more time in my opinion...
I do see the humor in Hussey's action to invite The Smurphs. It's nothing but a game to him to provoke. He does it in his live shows (playing a part of Marian during Wasteland), on his website, in his lyrics etc. He has a great time seeing Sisters fans getting "angry and upset". IMO Sisters fans play to be "angry and upset", but I believe most of them enjoy this game as well (at least I do :wink: )
I'm not playing and I am not enjoying it but I am curious what's gonna happen during the gigs. Won't p*ss me off anymore though... :wink:
GC
Slight Overbomber

I don't like the m*****n, (tried to but failed). I like The Sisters. I have too admit though I do quite like Wayne and this is just perfect.

UberSisters fans are very laughable and very pathetic in their attacks.

(I still love all of you though)
paul
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:
paul wrote:
I'm not playing and I am not enjoying it but I am curious what's gonna happen during the gigs. Won't p*ss me off anymore though... :wink:
C'm on, Patrick, we are South-Limbo's !!! The most relaxed people in the Netherlands !!! :wink:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

paul wrote:
Ozpat wrote:
paul wrote: I do see the humor in Hussey's action to invite The Smurphs. It's nothing but a game to him to provoke. He does it in his live shows (playing a part of Marian during Wasteland), on his website, in his lyrics etc. He has a great time seeing Sisters fans getting "angry and upset". IMO Sisters fans play to be "angry and upset", but I believe most of them enjoy this game as well (at least I do :wink: )
C'm on, Patrick, we are South-Limbo's !!! The most relaxed people in the Netherlands !!! :wink:
:lol: Right.... :notworthy:

Just needed to hear that! :wink:

Groetjes aan Donna!
paul
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:

Groetjes aan Donna!

Zal ik doen ;-)

Waar woon je nu trouwens?
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

paul wrote:
Ozpat wrote:

Groetjes aan Donna!

Zal ik doen ;-)

Waar woon je nu trouwens?
De straat schuin tegenover bloemist Stoelinga. :wink:
paul
Overbomber

:eek: Ik dacht echt dat je verhuisd was en nu en ergens in Holland woonde ... Hoe kom ik daar nu weer bij? :oops:

Dan kunnen we net zo goed nog eens iets afspreken, toch?
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

paul wrote::eek: Ik dacht echt dat je verhuisd was en nu en ergens in Holland woonde ... Hoe kom ik daar nu weer bij? :oops:

Is prima Paul! Leuk idee... :wink:
Om de thread niet te derailen zullen we dat maar via PM doen... :lol: :wink:
GC
Slight Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:
paul wrote::eek: Ik dacht echt dat je verhuisd was en nu en ergens in Holland woonde ... Hoe kom ik daar nu weer bij? :oops:

Doe maar niet, dit vind ik een spannend gesprek :innocent: :wink:
mh
Above the Chemist

Ní thuigim aon focal. :?:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Just wondering, whilst trying to find some context and perspective...would Von (or anyone for that matter) ask a m*****on uk tribute band to open a show for them? Hmmm... :twisted:

I feel quite sure Paddy and co will blow them off stage. 8) :notworthy:
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

in my opinion is a provocation!!!
i like the miss but i hate what they did in the past and the comentaries that wayne always says about ther sisters, like in paris asking to the audience about the sisters gig in paris and thinking that i was crap but i don´t know if he realised that he played in the locomotive for 700 people and the sisters in le zenit for 4500 or so.
in madrid 2005 show he said something about the sisters, i put my finger in my mounth saiyng him SHUP THE F.. UP!!!(DID HE SAW ME!!)

i think that this band could have been bigger if they would´t done what they did in the past. i don´t move a finger for them, as maximun if they play in madrid i go if i don´t have something better to do!!!

and invite a sisters tribute band to his show is like he wants to laugh to the sisters fans!!!

is my personal opinion and if it ofends to somebody SORRY but as i said is my opinion
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
paul
Overbomber

Gollum's Cock wrote:
Ozpat wrote:

Doe maar niet, dit vind ik een spannend gesprek :innocent: :wink:
Patrick heeft gelijk, zo exhibitionistisch zijn we nu ook weer niet :lol:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

dtsom wrote:
is my personal opinion and if it ofends to somebody SORRY but as i said is my opinion
I feel less lonely now... :innocent: :twisted:
robertzombie
Overbomber

It's gonna be bloody brilliant! The Sisters AND The m*****n on the same night! :notworthy: can't go wrong! ;)
Badass
Amphetamine Filth

snowey wrote:I wonder if Wayne knows that Ben Cristo is (was?) a member of Claytown Troupe? :innocent: :lol:

A present member of the sisters supporting an ex member of the sisters. :D
I wonder if Von knows that a current Sisters member is playing at a Mish gig...??!! :urff: :innocent:
This is not revenche, this is punishment
nowayjose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Badass wrote: I wonder if Von knows that a current Sisters member is playing at a Mish gig...??!! :urff: :innocent:
Do you really think he would care?
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

What if :von: shows up? :eek:

Dundunduuuuuuunnnnn...

:lol: Just kidding!
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
robertzombie
Overbomber

nothing like two old g0ffs kicking the s**t out of each other :lol: