classical music

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
pikkrong wrote:
boudicca wrote:I mentioned Arvo Part, didn't I?

(sorry, couldn't be arsed to find the umlaut) :P
a tiny funny detail - "Part" means in his native language "duck", while "Pärt" is just an archaic male name... :innocent:
Oh now PLEASE someone tell us that 'arvo' means 'oranges' and that 'Ärvo' is just an ordinary first name! ;D

IZ.
Ärvo - that would sound very pervo :lol:
pikkrong
Overbomber

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
boudicca wrote:I mentioned Arvo Part, didn't I?
No, who/what is it?
an old man I met once in a supermarket, walking in the department of vegetable, and another time on the door of a hospital:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QTxvmlA95Q
boudicca
Sister Midnight

If I needed any reminder of why I love Bjork (couldn't be bothered to find the umlaut again)... she really is a genius. You can hear quite an influence in those string arrangements that her records have.

Actually, both of them are adorable, that was a really nice interview :notworthy: - two people who are really in love with music there :). I'd like to take both of them home in my pocket and put them on my mantlepiece :lol:

He speaks there about the ability of music to kill a person (and hopefully also the opposite), his work is certainly as powerful as fcuk. Spiegel Im Spiegel is one of the most moving pieces of music I've ever heard, so much so I can bearly ever listen to it...
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets