Happy Halloween!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

What exactly do you know about Halloween?

Sorry for asking.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
eotunun
Overbomber

I know it was yesterday, and.. uuumm.. I wasn't there and..
..and.. um.. got no candy. :|
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

itnAklipse wrote:What exactly do you know about Halloween?

Sorry for asking.
It's a Celtic fest, just like bloody X-mass. The Americans just substituted the turnips for pumpkins because they like the taste better.

Of course it became a commercial thing, and everyone is doing it, but hey, I got three options here:

1) Either do what the Catholics want us to do: go to the cemetary on November 1 to go freeze your ass off, dislocation your shoulders and breaking your legs whilst trying to balance two heavy pots of Chrysanthenums on a ground which seems to be dug up only yesterday...

Then go stand there in the freezing cold, trying to pretend you really care for that great-great granduncle you never knew anyway but sent you some money years ago.

In the process, also try to care for your fellow freezers-off-their-assers-essses even when they try to bump you into an early (shared) grave, disturbing the silence with their shouting about how their hubby didnae clean the headstone of Auntie Clothilda with bleach and what a disgrace it now looks to all the other people checking out the graveyard.

The fun part is that you can go and 'do the tour' to see which arse-wipe snuffed if before you :twisted:

2) The night before the above, celebrate Halloween: invite some friends, buy beer and pretzels, have a cozy night in a warm living room, lighted candles, chasing spirits away that would otherwise haunt the living.

Have a laff, put on some nice horror movies ('Eight legged Freaks' and 'Child's Play' was on chez IZ towers last night ;D), and afterwards play the night away with the idiotic beer-and-pretzel games MediEvil and Zombies.

3) Do nothing at all. Pretty boring.

Have a guess at which one I prefer? ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

wiki wrote:It is claimed that the choice of date seems consistent with the common practice of leaving pagan festivals and buildings intact (e.g., the Pantheon), while overlaying a Christian meaning.[7]. However, there is no actual documentation of any reliability, whatsoever, backing up the presumption.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Halloween? It's the nightmare before christmas, innit!

;D
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'
streamline
Slight Overbomber

It's when my car (and 4 others in my street) had their windows smashed in by a passing mob of 30 Under-14 Hell's Angels. In hoodies.
Cnuts :evil:

Mind you by the end of the evening they had graduated to smashing the windows of ALL of the cars on a street (about 20) and then rolling a couple onto their sides.

Still, not all bad. My daughter (6) brought back a huge bag of sweets and had the huge girlie grin that makes life seem so much better all of a sudden!

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

streamline wrote:It's when my car (and 4 others in my street) had their windows smashed in by a passing mob of 30 Under-14 Hell's Angels. In hoodies.

Mind you by the end of the evening they had graduated to smashing the windows of ALL of the cars on a street (about 20) and then rolling a couple onto their sides.

Still, not all bad. My daughter (6) brought back a huge bag of sweets and had the huge girlie grin that makes life seem so much better all of a sudden!
Jesus! Abortion up to the age of 25 - that's what we need!
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:Jesus! Abortion up to the age of 25 - that's what we need!
Why stop at 25? Up the limit a bit and we can get rid of most of Mr. Broon's cabinet - it doesn't look like most of them have started shaving yet.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
streamline
Slight Overbomber

Oy! You there with the hoodie!

Stop polluting my genepool!

It is time for you, your friends and your family (and theirs) to be shot.

Bang Bang!

:wink:

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Yes, let's exterminate the untermensch to purify the race!

OK, I'm (mostly) kidding, but you ought to be careful with this sort of thinking. ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell