ramones museum (berlin) to close

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

got this email this morning:

Hey everybody,

just a quick note that The Ramones Museum Berlin will be closed from next week on.

The landlord raised the rent about 300% and he actually found someone who is willing to pay an astronomic amount of money for our gabba gabba headquarters. So from now on people can buy soap in the basement of Solmsstr. 30, formerly known as the home of the Ramones Museum. Call it the C.B.G.B syndrome: Once your area is hip, all cool things must go.

ANYWAY: As we were hoping to the last second that we were allowed to stay, we do not have a location to fall back on. BUT: Of course Ramones Museum sees things positive and we hope to reopen in an ever nicer, bigger, brighter and ground leveled location any time soon. We’ll use december and january to negotiate our options and then decide where to move.

We’ll keep you posted on all things Ramones Museum, all info and news you can find on our webpage www.ramonesmuseum.com and www.myspace.com/ramonesmuseum

Thanks for your time, help and support. We’ll be back soon,

Gabba Gabba Hey!
for people who have never been, its amazing. we went last november while we were in berlin and i've never seen anything like it - they have the largest colllection of ramones memorabilia on the planet. very cool indeed :von: :notworthy:

they even had a tour poster that had ghost dance down as guest ;)

bummer :(

more info here::
www.ramonesmuseum.com
www.myspace.com/ramonesmuseum

i'm just waiting for luca to start an italian sisters museum ;) ;D :lol:
Last edited by Quiff Boy on 08 Nov 2007, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Ramone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Some times the idea of a museum dedicated to the Ramones, them being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of fame makes me proud to of been a Ramones fan since the late 1970's . But it's the pictures of various Hollywood Starlets wearing the t-shirts ( Paris Hilton for one) and the high street fashion shops (Top shop etc.) selling garish coloured 'trendy' skinny fit Ramones tops that makes my skin crawl.

Like the Quiffmeister, I got a tear in my eye when I stood in such iconic places like CBGB's or at the corner of Joey Ramone Place in New York or in the Hard Rock cafe on West 57th Street (Now relocated to Times Square) and look at the jackets worn by the band.

I was listening back to an old Howard Stern show when Joey and Marky came in to announce that the band were to break up and the show the day after Johnny died - It makes me smile to think just how much the band meant to everyone. The day Joey died, the Governor of New York gave Joey's mum the folded flag that had flown that day above Capitol Hill - he was indeed a national treasure!

I wanna be sedated.
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008