Siouxsie

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

50 :eek:

Blimey o Reilly she looks good. I would.
Love ? Love is just f**king with a kiss thrown in !!!
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

nowayjose wrote:
biggy wrote: I'm curious now.
How old is she?
It's Siobhan Fahey (of Bananarama/Shakespears Sister fame...)
She's turning 50 next year.

(http://siobhanfahey.blogspot.com/)

:eek: :eek: well preserved i must say wow
MUSICA È
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Agreed. I hope to age similarly! *Knocks on wood* :notworthy:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Christ, she aged very well. :eek:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Lessee...no sunbathing and minimal sun exposure, sunscreen applied to all exposed skin every day, no smoking (of anything), a low-fat/high-fiber diet, lots of exercise... Oh, and really good genes. ;D
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

SINsister wrote:Lessee...no sunbathing and minimal sun exposure, sunscreen applied to all exposed skin every day, no smoking (of anything), a low-fat/high-fiber diet, lots of exercise... Oh, and really good genes. ;D
i'll bet you'll do just fine, sister :wink:
MUSICA È
_emma_
Overbomber

I'm afraid I'm with Eva here. Growing old, and looking older with time is normal, proper and inevitable, and fighting against it is silly. I mean, what's the use of refraining from pleasures (or, even worse - tormenting yourself with painful surgeries) just to hear an "I'd still do her" or similar comment every now and then? :? I'd rather search for my self-confidence in my experience than in my mirror when I'm 50.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

But do we have proof that Siouxsie *has* had plastic surgery? If she hasn't, then the years have definitely been kind to her. After all, from what I've read, Sue Ballion's behavior during her formative years can hardly be described as having been the epitome of "saintly"... :lol: ;)
_emma_
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:But do we have proof that Siouxsie *has* had plastic surgery?
I must add here that I wasn't talking about her in my previous post (I'm not one of her fans, and I know far too little about her to comment), I was just joining the already slightly derailed thread.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Well, I'm going to derail it further, then, by venturing into "too much information" land. My apologies in advance, but there *is* a method to my madness:

My mom endured two horrible and horribly-stressful marriages; she had 3 kids (whom she had to run after constantly, as she had no assistance whatsoever with the child-rearing); she slaved away daily cooking, cleaning, and looking after the house and household as a full-time job; she sunbathed frequently, even though she shouldn't have (a natural auburn/redhead, she had a peaches-and-cream complexion and inevitably burned), etc., etc. She never had any "improvements" done to her face or body; she thought such things (and folks vain enough to go under the knife) were ridiculous. In spite of her exceedingly unglamorous life, she could still pass for 35 when she hit 50. Sadly, in late 1992, my mom was diagnosed with cancer. She spent the next 14 years, on and off, battling the disease. The cancer and the relentless cycle of ghastly surgeries and chemotherapy destroyed her health, sapped all of her strength and vitality, and ravaged her sweet, youthful looks. When she died last November at 64, she was pale, gaunt, frail, and white-haired, and looked like an elderly woman of 80.

If it's going to take something as devastating and horrific as cancer and chemo for me to finally "look my age," I'll cheerfully pass.
Last edited by 6FeetOver on 08 Nov 2007, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
psichonaut
Overbomber

very displeased
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
_emma_
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:Well, I'm going to derail it further, then, by venturing into "too much information" land. My apologies in advance, but there *is* a method to my madness:
I know, I know, I know. That land is far far beyond facelifting and liposuction. :(
Apologies?? For what?? For talking about the most obvious of all obvious things?? :? *hugs*
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Thanks, sweetie. :kiss: