Helpful Household Hint

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Can I be the first to say it looks butt-ugly? ;) :lol:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

I'll be the second... ;) :urff:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Debaser
Overbomber

Can I just say what a waste of time - leaving an album on a turntable in direct sunlight has much the similar effect........
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Never done anything that creative, although I did once construct a strange puppet using an old 70's Top Of The Pops covers album as a body and Party Fears Two 7" as the head. Can't remember why I made it but quite frankly, that was all the records I used were were good for :innocent:
silentNate
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Looks pretty neat- easy too :notworthy:
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Andrew S wrote:Party Fears Two 7"
As in by the Associates? :eek:

Damn, I really shouldn't have fallen asleep when we were going through your records :oops: :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:
Andrew S wrote:Party Fears Two 7"
As in by the Associates? :eek:

Damn, I really shouldn't have fallen asleep when we were going through your records :oops: :lol:
I would like to clarify here that I have never been in possession of that record or any other by the Associates. The copy that became the puppet's head was donated by an equally unimpressed friend!
eotunun
Overbomber

By the way: The 7" would make a crappy bowl. Small with a vast hole in the middle. What would you use it for?
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
eotunun
Overbomber

Got an I dea on reading it again: Use it as holder for the tea filter!

I just knew there must be a thread like this, sadly it was to old for the search function so I googled for it.
:lol:
Today's hint is about baking parchment boxes.
Since the introduction of baking parchment we are relieved of having to soak the baking sheet in fat as to prevent the food from sticking on it. Just tear a bit of the parchment of the role that's delivered in a box with cardboard teeth on one side to ease the tearing off of suiting pieces.
Sadly those boxes are not very stable, so especially single males are in danger of breaking the box when applying the force to tear off a piece in the wrong direction and even tear the parchment role out of its container. The problem now consists in the parchment role not being supported and thus exposed to gravity. (Remember: You hold the parchment by the sheet!)
It immediately will start unrolling. Now quickly pull up the hand by which you hold the parchment sheet to prevent the role from hitting the ground. One wouldn't want food to be prepared on parchment that touched down, would one?
You'll realise now that the vigorous pull you gave drastically increased the rate of spin of the remaining roll, which accellerates to towards the ground so strongly now that you have no time left to catch the roll itself so repeat the process of gripping the parchment and pulling up the hand.
Repeat process with alternating hands until there is so little left of the roll that it will not spin as well anymore. Make sure that you collected the fifteen feet of parchment in a safe place. I use my arms, holding them basket-shape like here.
Roll up fifteen feet of baking parchment again.
I tried it today, it worked great! :D
Never mind looking silly while doing so, no one sees a single man in the kitchen.
Last edited by eotunun on 18 Apr 2009, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

had fun today, jum?

do not, under any circumstances, pour water down the sink AFTER you have ascertained that the pipes are no longer connected.
should you be aware that such a problem does occur from time to time, refrain from storing your kitchen roll under the sink unless you want to test the absorbency of several whole rolls.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
eotunun
Overbomber

:lol: :notworthy:
~Rufus T. Firefly