1000 Albums to Hear Before You Die

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
thhell
Road Kill

No Warren Zevon :evil: :evil: :evil:

Dust in the air suspended
Marks the place where a story ended
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Petseri wrote:
Obviousman wrote:And horrid translations too, really, it all comes across as far too literally translated :urff:)
Admittedly I have not listened to them in several years, but I had the impression that the second one (from 1982) was translated better than the first, more to maintain the feel of the songs instead of just a translation. Like you, I did feel that the first one was too much of a direct translation. I am nevertheless glad tthat Gabriel made the two German ones.
Haven't tried number two as I was so put off by the first (literal) attempt, might want to give it a try some day if you say it's better…
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Badlander
Overbomber

thhell wrote:No Warren Zevon :evil: :evil: :evil:

Yeah but they did pick Britney Spears, so that clearly shows they do know a thing or two about real American heroes. :roll: :lol:

BTW anybody remember "Five minutes after I die" by US industrial monster Blackhouse ? Now that's what I call oral torture ! :twisted:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Badlander wrote:BTW anybody remember "Five minutes after I die" by US industrial monster Blackhouse ? Now that's what I call oral torture ! :twisted:
Let that be a lesson to you, kiddies: no chewing on cds - it's bad for your teeth! ;) :P :lol:

Sorry, Badlander. :oops: :innocent:
Coat!
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Ghost
Road Kill

Quiff Boy wrote:The Chameleons
Script of the Bridge (1983)
Although commercial success eluded this Greater Manchester quartet, their influence stretches from the Verve to Interpol to Coldplay. This timeless debut justifies the fuss with plangent, intertwining guitars and instantly anthemic songs that yearn for childhood innocence and rage powerfully against the world.

:notworthy:
:notworthy: A big thanks for this post!
I didn't knew the Chameleons, and got a listen to this album and immediately loved it. In a certain way, it reminds me of Red Lorry'.
Camy
Road Kill

Don't worry about the list, it's not quite reliable.

by the way can you spot from the list misspelled band name?

Hint:almost all music journalists do that mistake

2nd hint Check S section...
James Blast
Banned

Ghost wrote:The Chameleons
What Does Anything Mean, Basically? is even better :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

James Blast wrote:
Ghost wrote:The Chameleons
What Does Anything Mean, Basically? is even better :D
anybody fancy uploading the original single version of "in shreds" for the sake of it please? :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

(last hissy c-90 compilation long mangled and, well- in shreds. :?
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
kafka
Amphetamine Filth

It must be wonderful to just be discovering the chameleons....
[repeat x40]