New Jessica's Crime record

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
sultan2075
Overbomber

I just checked out their website, and they've got a new record--all covers--in the works. Some of you might be interested. The tracklist is interesting, and I'm very curious to hear what they do with a number of these songs. It's pretty unique mix of artists. Apparently this is the tracklist:

Season of the Witch (Donovan)
Accretions (Shriekback)
Mexican Radio (Wall of Voodoo)
The Innsmouth Look (The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets)
The Weeping Song (Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds)
Who by Fire? (Leonard Cohen)
I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry (Hank Williams)
Lola (The Kinks)
Power in the Blood (Alabama 3)
Headhunter (Front 242)
Run through the Jungle (Credence Clearwater Revival)
Waiting around to Die (Townes Van Zandt)
Wicked Game (Chris Isaak)

They're also running a contest for suggestions, if anyone cares.
Last edited by sultan2075 on 01 Dec 2007, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
James Blast
Banned

I don't ken this combo but I'd be mighty interested to hear what they do with a lot of those tunes, especially Accretions.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
scotty
Overbomber

I thought this was about SALVATION :|
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
sultan2075
Overbomber

They are, or were, from somewhere in my neck of the woods (a former bass player is an old friend of my family). I'm not sure where they're based now. I bought their last record, Gone to Texas, and, well, it entirely blew me away. It's manly, swaggering post-punk cowboy industrial rock, with elements of The Fall, Morricone, and about a million other things mixed together into their own sound. It really does sound like Texas to me. They've got a myspace page with a few songs at http://www.myspace.com/jessicascrime

'Priest' is particularly groovy, as is the title track.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

scotty wrote:I thought this was about SALVATION :|
Me too, oh well.
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
James Blast
Banned

sultan2075 wrote:They've got a myspace page
Jeeziz! they do and I fear the worst :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
sultan2075
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:They've got a myspace page
Jeeziz! they do and I fear the worst :|
No no, they're rather good, actually. I got their record through CD Baby, and I think it's available via amazon.com. They're a real band.
--
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

James Blast wrote:I don't ken this combo but I'd be mighty interested to hear what they do with a lot of those tunes, especially Accretions.
As do I, hope they didn't harm the track one bit!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr