IPod Docking Station Help Needed!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
streamline
Slight Overbomber

With me not being the most techie person in the world, I thought I'd throw this over to you lot...

The other half has recently got hold of an IPod thingie and I thought it would be a good idea to get her a docking station so we can boogie away in the kitchen (as you do).

Does anyone know a good one to get as a crimbo present for her? Bose do one for £200 (which sounds great), but are there any other slightly cheaper ones that anyone knows of?

Ta!

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
Pista
Cureboi

Jensen do a pretty good range & won't break the bank either.
Or JBL are worth a punt
http://www.nextag.com/Jensen-JIS80-Ipod ... D023E24DE0

http://www.cellular-blowout.com/jblspanddo.html

;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
DerekR
Doobie Brother

i've got an el cheapo one, think it was about £40. can't check the make for you cos i'm at work but it's white if that helps :lol: surprisingly decent sound considering the pishy little speakers (it has the smallest subwoofer i've ever seen)

i saw one advertised the other day which came with a dinky little remote, this struck me as a good idea cos it's a pain trying to use that scroll wheel when the ipod isn't nestled in your hand but instead sticking out the top of a dock in an alarmingly wobbly fashion (again that might be due to the fact that mine is a cheapy)
DerekR
Doobie Brother

i found mine, here it is. nothing special, the same company do a new range now

Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Think it might be cheaper to buy the original Apple one (£35) and hook that up to a radio via jack plugs?

That way you'll even be able to use the Apple Remote with it!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Could always try the Kensington SX2000 (iPod dock with NXT speaker system) it is very basic but OK mine sits on my office desk, it is £29-95 at Richer Sounds http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct ... ENS-SX2000
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
streamline
Slight Overbomber

Thanks for all of your help everyone, I am off shopping on the net trying to find the best deals.
Thanks for all of the pointers!

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you