For people interested in new goth music

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Not many of us managed to get to see the aircrew at the violets gig, which was a shame. They arn't a band I know well, but I've seen 'em a few times and liked what I've heard, and I plan to pick up an album.

I have a feeling that lot of hard working modern goth band are all to often ignored - people won't dance to them in clubs because they want to hear 80's classics etc etc.

I've compiled a short list of bands that are doing their best to earn "the goth dollar" at the moment. Hope some of you folky folks appriciate it :wink:

SBA Of the ones on here, Peachey clean I liked best.

Rome Burns Sadly some of this bands best tracks arn't up on the myspace, but they make quality poppy goffik music.

Univited Guest If Devil's Toybox doesn't get you jiving you have no soul.

Ghost Of Lemora This is the main website but it has an automatic music player. It ain't my fault I'm beautiful of Dread the day (the cities rise) are a couple of tracks that stand out for me, although its all good.

Other more established bands that still wave the flag for goth as a relevant modern genre include London After Midnight (Really really gothic, but don't sound like anyone other than themselves, had a new album this year). The Cruxshadows (Not to everyones taste but well loved by a vast horde of (mostly) PVC clad young female goths. They have an electronic pulse, but they are goth rock at heart. Star Industry rock. Did a famous tune called ninties, which gets a lot of club play but their other stuff is seriously good stuff. NFD are a bit like the Nephilim, a little heavier, touring and releasing music regularly.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

I think it's called "darkwave" over here, now...
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Darkwave (as I understand it) is music that combines synthpop type instumentation with gothic atmospherics and song structures. This is a LOOSE definition, but of that list I'd only really call the cruxshadows Darkwave.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Gawd bless ya Maismeister, Goffik Yoof standard-bearer extraordinaire! :lol: :notworthy:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
SomeKindOfStranger
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Am a big fan of Ghost of Lemora. Hoping Father Christmas brings me their new cd :wink:

Everyone should also own at hear at least one Manuskript CD - especially the last couple of albums. Diva Destruction from the US are also worth checking out for fans of female-vocals.

My other favourites seems to all be splitting up at the moment - Killing Miranda and Faces of Sarah have both bitten the dust in recent months - so I'm afraid to name check too many more, just in case!
I hear her cry all day, all night
I hear her voice from deep within the wall
Made a cross from knitting needles
Made a grave from hoover bags
Especially for the woman in the wall
psichonaut
Overbomber

Maisey wrote:Darkwave (as I understand it) is music that combines synthpop type instumentation with gothic atmospherics and song structures. This is a LOOSE definition, but of that list I'd only really call the cruxshadows Darkwave.
in Italy, fanzines and magazines always called "Dark" what you call goth
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Voice fae Forres-f**king Goffs! :lol:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Maisey wrote:
Univited Guest If Devil's Toybox doesn't get you jiving you have no soul.
:cry: :cry: I have no soul.....

Alltho I dont wear pvc, I quite like Cruxshadows though. Their older stuff. And I really like Star Industry and London After Midnight ( havent heard the new though, and listening now, Im not so sure anymore, they have pan flute now :cry: ), and its been a while since I listened to it. I lost so much music when my pc crashed, and with my memory.... well you can imagine I forget.. Im glad you reminded me :notworthy:

My jiving foot always changes from day to day, mostly the same, but still....
Tonight my foot tingled when I heard Angel, from Gothminister
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:Voice fae Forres-f**king Goffs! :lol:
:lol:
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

If the Crüx are in your list, can I add Zeromancer as well?

Always liked them a lot since day one. Electro-industrial rawk music ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:can I add Zeromancer as well?

Always liked them a lot since day one. Electro-industrial rawk music ;)

IZ.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I've never listened to Crüxshadows.. any recommendations? I get paid in a few weeks..
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Talking of Screaming Banshee Aircrew, was it my imagination (it may have been, I was in the loo at the time) or did they do a cover of Incubus Succubus?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

I remember someone else saying that...
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

So we all going to see Screaming Bamboo Potted Plant Panda when they next play then?
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

we've got a gig with them next year. :)
The Scene won't save you...
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Scardwel wrote:we've got a gig with them next year. :)
Don't say it's in Leeds :urff:
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

November in Mansfield. (Incubus doo dah are on the bill too)
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk