Cats

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
eotunun
Overbomber

Mick Mercer wrote:
Thursday, December 13, 2007

Save feral cats on Olympic site - email Ken Livingstone NOW

E-Mail Ken Linvingstone, Mayor Of London NOW - mayor@london.gov.uk - and something CAN be done about this disgusting situation:

Urge the Olympic Delivery Authority to Allow Rescue of Feral Cats From Deadly Demolition Area.

Hundreds of feral cats living at the site of the future Olympic Park in ..:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />London - where demolition is already underway - are in danger of starving as their food sources have been eliminated, being crushed by heavy machinery or being buried under rubble when the buildings they live in are demolished.

Mother cats and kittens are especially vulnerable, as mother cats are extremely protective of their young and will remain with their kittens in the most dangerous areas rather than abandon their babies. Since most feral cats flee and hide when humans approach, it's virtually impossible to ensure that buildings are clear of cats before demolition begins.

The Celia Hammond Animal Trust (CHAT) is an animal rescue group that has already rescued 157 cats and kittens. Inexplicably, the Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA) is barring CHAT from accessing the site to trap and safely remove the remaining cats - even though the trappers have all the relevant construction safety qualifications to allow them to operate on the site and are only requesting permission to access the road outside the site to set up feeding stations and traps. Preventing these cats from being rescued is essentially a death sentence for these animals.

Please write to, e-mail or call the ODA and ask them to allow the CHAT adequate time to rescue these cats, including time to set up feeding stations to acclimate the cats to being fed in certain areas as a prelude to trapping. As well as time to monitor nursing cats in order to locate and remove litters of kittens hidden in dangerous areas.

Please send polite comments to:

London 2012
1 Churchill Place
Canary Wharf
London E14 5LN
0203 2012 000

Or email via this page -

http://www.london2012.com/contact-us.php
Get them! :wink:
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
James Blast
Banned

it's just cats, bury the wee baisturts! :twisted:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Hmmm...there're 6+ billion humans on the planet - why not propose similar treatment, eh? They're mostly useless, after all.

I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
James Blast
Banned

I agree
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

no pussy jokes?
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
eotunun
Overbomber

As long as you keep holding yourself back there'll be none, I fear. Me, I'm foreign. No parlez iglese. I know none..
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
EvilBastard
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:Hmmm...there're 6+ billion humans on the planet - why not propose similar treatment, eh? They're mostly useless, after all.

Hear hear - I was talking to someone the other day who said that in Islam, on the day of judgement, any animals that you have encountered are called to give testimony as to your character. I for one would rather have Admiral Floof, Captain Fuzzybritches, and The Empress in my corner than most of the bald pinks that I have to share this rock with. "Well, you know - dinner was late sometimes, but by and large he's an ok guy."
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
eotunun
Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:
SINsister wrote:Hmmm...there're 6+ billion humans on the planet - why not propose similar treatment, eh? They're mostly useless, after all.

Hear hear - I was talking to someone the other day who said that in Islam, on the day of judgement, any animals that you have encountered are called to give testimony as to your character. I for one would rather have Admiral Floof, Captain Fuzzybritches, and The Empress in my corner than most of the bald pinks that I have to share this rock with. "Well, you know - dinner was late sometimes, but by and large he's an ok guy."
If that's how the roles for the afterlife get selected all catowners will end up cleaning the loos for eternity.. :lol:
~Rufus T. Firefly
James Blast
Banned

I have never hurt an animal, even a wee baisturt, my ascent should be trouble free
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Apparently, the note of sarcasm in my post went off into the ozone... Oh, well. :roll:
psichonaut
Overbomber

Uncle Hadolf tried it yet....but none agreed ;D
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

...see above... :|
psichonaut
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:...see above... :|
seen yet ;D
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Maybe next time, I should insert a giant SARCASM ALERT, as it appears that subtlety's all but lost on folks here, sometimes... :roll:

<---Pacifist, by the way. ;D :kiss:
psichonaut
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:Maybe next time, I should insert a giant SARCASM ALERT, as it appears that subtlety's all but lost on folks here, sometimes... :roll:

<---Pacifist, by the way. ;D :kiss:
thank you...i need it ;D