Umpfta umpfta...

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:There was a bloke went down the Banshee called Scooter. Apparently so named because of his alleged resemblance to said Muppet character.
yup. he now runs sin city ;D

http://www.sincitymanchester.co.uk/albu ... ?pic_id=17

:lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Paterson
Road Kill

Looking at the Scooter page I noticed the simalarities to this Chewin the Fat Scetch.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5y1YHmkD4A0
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

i think it's crap but
at least it's surprising crap.

Imagine All those neo emo s**t kids like 30 Seconds To Mars or Panic at the Disco singing: 'iaaaaaaah hear yaehaaaa callingaheee Marianneeehea', or any other no go area, such as Cradle of Filth.
guns & cars & accidents
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

dinky daisy wrote:i think it's crap but
at least it's surprising crap.

Imagine All those neo emo s**t kids like 30 Seconds To Mars or Panic at the Disco singing: 'iaaaaaaah hear yaehaaaa callingaheee Marianneeehea', or any other no go area, such as Cradle of Filth.
Nah thanks.... :urff:
"as we walk on the floodland"
_emma_
Overbomber

I used to be one of the last people to say that, but now I think we really, really need a new Sisters album.
:|
iesus
Overbomber

A new Sisters Album could be the Light at the End of our Dark Ages Tunnel, we r forced to come by... :roll:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:You's a great song, still not managed to track down a digital version of it, or any other of their songs sadly.
Noted :wink: Just wait & see, Z ;D
in dub we trust
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

ormfdmrush wrote:YA FUD!
SCOOTER RULES!
"scooter rules" (1 of ):
though shalt look ye a twatte whether ot notte ye ryde ye VESPA (knackerus hairdryicus) or ye LAMBERETTA (poshus shitterus wankum) without regarde to whether ye or whether ye notte possesse ye cat's taille on a coate-hange.

or;
"scooter rules" (2 of 2):
professing any individual preference between the family of the muppet show's tyrant-in-chief, kermit
(definitely bent/impotent/frog - either way a porcine penelope keith-a-like should be enough to enflame any real man's ardure) is to have crossed as line as yet invisible to the naked eye.

***remember -as robin (kermit's other acknowledged relaative) said:"it's not at the bottom/ it's not at the top/ this is the stair where i always stop".

Q: what is kermit's favourite Sisters track?
A: Amphibian Logic. :innocent:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

:lol: :notworthy:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Syberberg

Well, I finally braved having a listen and have definitely found where the fine line between "bravery" and "stupidity" lies. I now need medicating, with extreme prejudice, to expunge the memory.
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
biggy

Could I be so bold as to ask who the f**k is scooter?
Love ? Love is just f**king with a kiss thrown in !!!
James Blast
Banned

yeah, it's a dry wank
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Mistah Blast, your eloquence never ceases to amaze me. :lol:
James Blast
Banned

sorry dear, drink had been taken :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

biggy wrote:Could I be so bold as to ask who the f**k is scooter?
Picture a really really really really bad nightclub in the mid-90s. The kind of place you'd only go to after an office party when you're too drunk to know any better. Where you queue for 2 hours in the freezing cold to get in, try to convince an agressive caveman in a tuxedo that you're not too drunk, where you pay a small fortune in admission, where the gents is a trough overflowing with vomit, where the beer is overpriced watery swill. You get the picture. Among all the dross that pounds into your skull, you might hear something that sounds like a featherweight Front 242 with lead vocals by Richard 23 on a bad sugar rush (and that's being kind to it). The chorus goes "Hyper hyper! Hyper hyper!"

That's Scooter. :evil: :evil: :evil:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Wow, that sounds like most of the nightclubs in Chicago. Friggin' crime, I say. :( :evil:
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

mh wrote:
biggy wrote:Could I be so bold as to ask who the f**k is scooter?
Picture a really really really really bad nightclub in the mid-90s. The kind of place you'd only go to after an office party when you're too drunk to know any better. Where you queue for 2 hours in the freezing cold to get in, try to convince an agressive caveman in a tuxedo that you're not too drunk, where you pay a small fortune in admission, where the gents is a trough overflowing with vomit, where the beer is overpriced watery swill. You get the picture. Among all the dross that pounds into your skull, you might hear something that sounds like a featherweight Front 242 with lead vocals by Richard 23 on a bad sugar rush (and that's being kind to it). The chorus goes "Hyper hyper! Hyper hyper!"

That's Scooter. :evil: :evil: :evil:
You're going to take that deux-quat'-deux comparison right back THIS MOMENT Boyo! :evil: ;D

what's with all the heresy these days? :|

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
mh
Above the Chemist

For all their excellence ( :notworthy: ), zwei-vier-zwei have been influential to some right dross, I'm afraid. :|
Last edited by mh on 17 Dec 2007, 00:06, edited 1 time in total.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Aye. That was just wrong. :P :urff:
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

mh wrote:For all their excellence ( :notworthy: ), zwei-vier-zwei have been influential to some right dross, I'm afraid. :|
True enough ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
James Blast
Banned

I just don't queue - FACT!
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

and only losers take the bus

that's what I believe
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

<--Loser, then, by your definition. :von: