New March Violets stuff

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
nitestorm
Road Kill

Come on peeps, whats your views on the E.P.?
Not as good as Motorhead, but better than The Birthday Party, which makes us pretty damn good.
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Yes and no.

They are good tracks, and I like them. Also, I think they added something interesting to the live set.

But modern production has done no favours for the March Violets. The the smooth well produced sound has killed a lot of the bands character, and the new tracks don't have the same raw and mad feel as the old one did. I also think that although Rpsie is very strong Simon under uses himself, all his shouting and squaking in tuneless rythems with plenty of space echo has been cut out, which is a shame.

All in all, a nice EP, but lacking in character.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
jande
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... NA:GB:1123

seems someone is selling their copy along with the multipass. £31.00 and four hours to go. :eek:
Say!
In the dark? Here in the dark!
Would you, could you, in the dark?
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Fab idea! :lol: I'd do the same, but i'm giving mine to a very nice Belgian.
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:Fab idea! :lol: I'd do the same, but i'm giving mine to a very nice Belgian.
The yellow p*ss Pass (which in all fairness, what it was)? Good work!
DJ Nephilimbabe
Road Kill

Its complete bollocks.

Certainly nothing inspiring, with terrible lyrics.

Funnily enough, it it had been released circa 81/82 then it would have been considered a classic now, but in 2007 - its just terrible.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

granted, a lot of the old drug-induced psychedelia is missing from the lyrics, and some of si & rosie's power and anger seems to be missing from the vocal delivery, and i agree that it would have benefitted from a more traditional violets-style drum machine & bass guitar sound.

they aint perfect and a lot of what maisey highlights is probably true... but they're catchy, they slither and slide like the violets always did, and i likes 'em :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
bananacamel
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I like 'em a lot.

The early stuff was great, but I'd have been disappointed with a re-hash of 1983.

Agreed that lyrically they're not as strong, but a bit more practice and I'm sure they'll find they've got a lot more to say :D
I've got a mind like a poisonous fish...
nitestorm
Road Kill

Don't forget tho, this E.P. was ONLY made for the reunion gig, so we all have a lil piece of history, and its more than Vons merry men put out on a tour, and at the swag stall they had more t-shirts than the girls sell.... My disc has been M.P.3 ized, put on my memory card, and another one, just incase, and will never be played again. it stays as mint as it is now. P.S. the drop is one hell of a deep dark tune.
Not as good as Motorhead, but better than The Birthday Party, which makes us pretty damn good.
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I've worn my bright violet "play loud play purple shirt" more days than not...

In fact, I was doing some chritsmas shopping in Camden when a guy running a t shirt stall noticed it and said that he used to print the MV's shirts for them back in the 80's.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I wanted one of those purple shirts.. take it they're not selling them now. :cry:
Electric Shades
Road Kill

Dark
Underneath the Rock

In XXXL? :eek:
Nowt in a small.. ah well, to lurk on eBay for a bit, methinks. :cry: