ThousandAndrews

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Syberberg
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

ThousandAndrews wrote:No! Why? It´s just funny to see how the thread is growing.. :innocent: :lol:
Threads don't grow here, they mutate.
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
Syberberg

ThousandAndrews wrote:
Syberberg wrote:

(* Delete as applicable).
tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Make me an offer I can't refuse and I'll tell you what you want to hear. :twisted:

(Why do I have a feeling I'm going to regret saying that? :? Oh well, too late now...)
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Syberberg wrote:
SINsister wrote:
Syberberg wrote:As you have found out, it's more than just a forum for Sisters fans, it's also a dating agency.
Hmpf! I have yet to reap the benefits, ho-hum. :P :roll:

I guess that being second in command here at the asylum has its disadvantages, sometimes... :lol: ;)
Living on the wrong side of The Pond might have something to do with it... :innocent: :wink: :lol:
Aye, there is that small matter, of course... *Sigh* :|
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Syberberg

SINsister wrote:
Syberberg wrote:
SINsister wrote: Hmpf! I have yet to reap the benefits, ho-hum. :P :roll:

I guess that being second in command here at the asylum has its disadvantages, sometimes... :lol: ;)
Living on the wrong side of The Pond might have something to do with it... :innocent: :wink: :lol:
Well, I've got a very bad feeling about how things are going to turn go in the US once PO hits fully and I get very...concerned...about the future safety of my friends in the US.
Andie
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:
Syberberg wrote:
SINsister wrote: Hmpf! I have yet to reap the benefits, ho-hum. :P :roll:

and you haven't meet everyone who posts on Heartland :wink: :kiss:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Pista
Cureboi

& I just wasted 24 hours stood in the corner :roll:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Syberberg wrote:Well, I've got a very bad feeling about how things are going to turn go in the US once PO hits fully and I get very...concerned...about the future safety of my friends in the US.
Along those lines, I did (surprisingly) receive a response from the Home Office just the other day (I'd sent a couple of complaint letters back in September), which was (unsurprisingly) incredibly unhelpful. The correspondence detailed the impossibility of my applying for citizenship via adoption as a minor child (uhhhh - ya think?!), and went on to state that in order to establish citizenship in the UK, I'd need to live there for x number of years - a requirement that I'm not currently fulfilling, as I'm not currently living in the UK. Why, thank you, Captain Obvious! And the letter's author's *paid* to dish out this drivel?! :roll: :evil:

My brother thinks that I should take your government to court. I think that's a little...erm...unwise. Plus, I can't afford a lawyer, of course. :lol:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Andie wrote:and you haven't meet everyone who posts on Heartland :wink: :kiss:
True, dat. Though I *do* know that most of them aren't living here in the U.S. of A., so that still doesn't help. :P
Andie
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:
Andie wrote:and you haven't meet everyone who posts on Heartland :wink: :kiss:
True, dat. Though I *do* know that most of them aren't living here in the U.S. of A., so that still doesn't help. :P
you could still find that elusive creature known as Man when you attend the next p*ss up! :lol:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Andie wrote:you could still find that elusive creature known as Man when you attend the next p*ss up! :lol:
That's if I attend. At this point, with my finances in the dreadful state that they are, it doesn't look very promising. :cry:
Pista
Cureboi

What does a plane ticket cost?
Just out of interest.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Andie
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:
Andie wrote:you could still find that elusive creature known as Man when you attend the next p*ss up! :lol:
That's if I attend. At this point, with my finances in the dreadful state that they are, it doesn't look very promising. :cry:
where there's a will...there's a way...and anyways I would like to meet ya on English soil before i manage to find a way into the USofA :twisted:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Pista wrote:What does a plane ticket cost?
Just out of interest.
Last August's cost me just over $700 (taxes, airport fees, fuel fees, "security" fees, etc., inclusive) - and it was booked 2+ months in advance, if I recall correctly...
Pista
Cureboi

Time for a HL appeal then?
I'll chuck in $200.
Anyone else?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

I can't allow that, Steve. Really. I wouldn't accept it.
Pista
Cureboi

Oh. Okay then....incoming
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Andie
Overbomber

'ang on a minute...let me get this straight...$700 buckaroos is around £350 Quids...which is less than i have spent on ma car over the New Year period

why i'm telling you this i don't know...i just felt i had to share the serious amount of money tyres cost, road tax costs and a new battery costs :evil:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

...but are you employed, sir? :P ;)
Andie
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:...but are you employed, sir? :P ;)
yeah...but obviously that's just something that comes with spending money :innocent:
Syberberg

SINsister wrote: Along those lines, I did (surprisingly) receive a response from the Home Office just the other day (I'd sent a couple of complaint letters back in September), which was (unsurprisingly) incredibly unhelpful. The correspondence detailed the impossibility of my applying for citizenship via adoption as a minor child (uhhhh - ya think?!), and went on to state that in order to establish citizenship in the UK, I'd need to live there for x number of years - a requirement that I'm not currently fulfilling, as I'm not currently living in the UK. Why, thank you, Captain Obvious! And the letter's author's *paid* to dish out this drivel?! :roll: :evil:

My brother thinks that I should take your government to court. I think that's a little...erm...unwise. Plus, I can't afford a lawyer, of course. :lol:
Since when were bureaucrats paid to think? They're just glorified photocopiers.

Best one I had this year was a demand from the TV Licensing people asking if I had a TV License (which I don't) and, if there was already a license for the premises I was to inform them (which there is, in someone else's name). It would seem that they don't bother to check their own records. :roll: :x All I did was buy a new TV (a CRT, not having any truck with the piles of s**t that are plasma or LCD TV's. They use too much energy for a start off and the picture quality is crap).

How about if we loaned you the money for a plane ticket?
psichonaut
Overbomber

Pista wrote:Time for a HL appeal then?
I'll chuck in $200.
Anyone else?
count on me too...for the little possibilities i have
....money aren't important in front of a good friendship 8)
@ sinnie
keep a date for me when you'll be in the old europe;D
Last edited by psichonaut on 02 Jan 2008, 23:58, edited 1 time in total.
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
James Blast
Banned

I believe there are a great many of good and diligent workers in Local Gov, but I (for one) have been battered into submission by "middle management", performance indicators, interference from "Central Government", dwindling staff, money for resources and "Performance Related Bonuses" for higher management. The last one I take a very dim view of, it's like MPs being able to vote themselves pay increases - Oh! that's right, they can and do. ALL OF THEM!
Council workers did exploit their situation back in the 70s, but Thatcher put paid (no pun) to that. Successive Labour administrations have undermined and ultimately, whittled away the Public Services infrastructure.
Private companies are just as riddled with "backhanders" and incompetence as Local Gov was, fact is some of us are still in there and as tax payers ourselves trying to do a good job and deliver.
Yes! I'm very pished off but I'm in there and I see what a pile of s**t Local Gov has descended into. Do not think we are all bad apples, the majority want to do a good job, our hands are tied.

sorry, it jist happens tae be FACT! :oops:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Syberberg wrote:How about if we loaned you the money for a plane ticket?
Nope - I wouldn't be able to pay it back. But thanks! You lot are truly wonderful humans, you know that? ;D :kiss: :notworthy:
mh
Above the Chemist

James Blast wrote:I believe there are a great many of good and diligent workers in Local Gov, but I (for one) have been battered into submission by "middle management", performance indicators, interference from "Central Government", dwindling staff, money for resources and "Performance Related Bonuses" for higher management. The last one I take a very dim view of, it's like MPs being able to vote themselves pay increases - Oh! that's right, they can and do. ALL OF THEM!
Council workers did exploit their situation back in the 70s, but Thatcher put paid (no pun) to that. Successive Labour administrations have undermined and ultimately, whittled away the Public Services infrastructure.
Private companies are just as riddled with "backhanders" and incompetence as Local Gov was, fact is some of us are still in there and as tax payers ourselves trying to do a good job and deliver.
Yes! I'm very pished off but I'm in there and I see what a pile of s**t Local Gov has descended into. Do not think we are all bad apples, the majority want to do a good job, our hands are tied.

sorry, it jist happens tae be FACT! :oops:
I'll second that, but from the "central" perspective - for every one person who's content to scratch their bee-hind throughout the day, there's at least 3 or 4 who are genuinely concerned with providing as good a service as possible, but who find their hands regularly tied by stupid poxy regulations that make no sense, don't apply to the given situation, but nonetheless have to be followed.

For my sins, I am middle management, but at least I try to keep the stuff that Thae Michty James is referring to in the background, and just let my staff get on with doing (and enjoying) the job. Gotta start somewhere!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

well I seriously hope so Michael because I am so fed up with "box tickers" it is not true,
and I speak as a statistic - disabled etc......
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele